LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Originally posted by speedster:
I a

I agree with you on the DUI being worse, but how is he going to plea down having transported illegal firearms into CA? Also firing a firearm in a CA city?

This is not overcharging. It's charging him with what he did.
He bought the rifle in Arizona and brought it back with out going through a FFL and getting it "Ca legal" , which is a big no no.
What Aldon did is basically gun smuggling. I know it shouldn't be that way, Ca gun laws are really stupid.
But we are dealing with federal as well as state laws he broke.

First, he wasn't charged with illegal discharge, just the two possession charges. Second, there are no federal charges, just state charges . . . which are inconsistently enforced even within the state. Urban jurisdictions enforce them regularly, rural counties do not. Third, the County is going to look idiotic if this ever makes it to court. First, they wait over a year to charge him. Then between the time of the offense and the actual charges, the Sheriff invited Aldon to a function at the County gun range where he gets a helicopter ride and they let him fire a weapon on the range.

Granted none of this impacts the nuts & bolts of the case, but politics were involved in the charges I think.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
nah, plaxico burress had a gun in public illegally and fired it, p sure thats different

Aldon had 3 EBR's, 2 that are outright banned by name in CA from 2000 AW ban. Had numerous high capacity magazines strewn about his room.
And fired his gun in the air in public with a crowd of people there.

It's not the same exact thing but pretty close regarding the laws broken.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
First, he wasn't charged with illegal discharge, just the two possession charges. Second, there are no federal charges, just state charges . . . which are inconsistently enforced even within the state. Urban jurisdictions enforce them regularly, rural counties do not. Third, the County is going to look idiotic if this ever makes it to court. First, they wait over a year to charge him. Then between the time of the offense and the actual charges, the Sheriff invited Aldon to a function at the County gun range where he gets a helicopter ride and they let him fire a weapon on the range.

Granted none of this impacts the nuts & bolts of the case, but politics were involved in the charges I think.

I said he broke numerous laws with what he did.

All I know is he is charged with 3 felonies related to his EBR's and high capacity magazines.

I believe they were not going to charge him at first, then word got out he won't get charged with owning "evil black rifles", so they had to charge him.
What the Sheriff did and why the DA didn't press charges until a year later is why there is an out cry of inequality when enforcing laws on the rich vs the everyday citizen. It happens everyday.

The difference is he is a high profile individual on a beloved team of the bay area. This will either help or hurt him.
Just have to wait and see.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I said he broke numerous laws with what he did.

All I know is he is charged with 3 felonies related to his EBR's and high capacity magazines.

I believe they were not going to charge him at first, then word got out he won't get charged with owning "evil black rifles", so they had to charge him.
What the Sheriff did and why the DA didn't press charges until a year later is why there is an out cry of inequality when enforcing laws on the rich vs the everyday citizen. It happens everyday.

The difference is he is a high profile individual on a beloved team of the bay area. This will either help or hurt him.
Just have to wait and see.

He'll be fine. First gun related offense. Plus he did rehab and has stayed of of trouble so the DA will give him a slap on the wrist.
Looks like Lynch won't be getting a suspension according to an article on NN.
Sorry can't link to article.
People have been asking whether or not this means Lynch will be suspended. All indications are that he will not face a suspension from the NFL. As I understand it, this issue falls under the league's drug and alcohol policy. His previous run-in with the law was a misdemeanor gun charge. He was arrested for having a concealed firearm in a vehicle (a gun in his backpack in the trunk). The gun charge falls under the personal conduct policy, which is separate from the alcohol and drug policy. In this case, he can't be dinged twice for the DUI in terms of an alcohol violation AND a personal conduct violation.
[ Edited by speedster on Feb 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM ]
People have been asking whether or not this means Lynch will be suspended. All indications are that he will not face a suspension from the NFL. As I understand it, this issue falls under the league's drug and alcohol policy. His previous run-in with the law was a misdemeanor gun charge. He was arrested for having a concealed firearm in a vehicle (a gun in his backpack in the trunk). The gun charge falls under the personal conduct policy, which is separate from the alcohol and drug policy. In this case, he can't be dinged twice for the DUI in terms of an alcohol violation AND a personal conduct violation.

He;ll get a game or two.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He;ll get a game or two.

LMAO, for what? reckless driving? REALLY? I highly doubt it, but if it is true, please make it the week the Hags are in Santa Clara.
ok, so let's just pretend lynch and aldon are banned for the first week and bowman is out for injury..... with a potentially watered down game, but still an important rivalry, does the nfl still put niners @ seahawks on the thursday night season opener?
Didn't we suspend Aldon indefinitely for that five weeks? If so with the new CBA the NFL can't punish him for that again. On top of that they really can't suspend him for anything until he is found guilty in court. As far as Lynch I would be surprised if anything comes out of this.
Yeah but will they totally ignore the DUI in Buffalo where he struck a pedestrian and didn't stop? He got a plea deal and avoided the DUI charge in that case, too.
[ Edited by a49erfan77 on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:53 AM ]

Lynch is not a slick b*****d as someone mentioned on here previously. His lawyers are. Just continually amazed at how lucky the Seacawks are at everything.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Yeah but will they totally ignore the DUI in Buffalo where he struck a pedestrian and didn't stop? He got a plea deal and avoided the DUI charge in that case, too.

If he didn't get convicted of a DUI how can the NFL suspend him?

He is just getting lucky somehow, he'll get his. It's a matter of time, play with fire enough, you're eventually going to get burned.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

If he didn't get convicted of a DUI how can the NFL suspend him?

He is just getting lucky somehow, he'll get his. It's a matter of time, play with fire enough, you're eventually going to get burned.

Convictions aren't necessary for a suspension. The NFL is not a court. It is a business. They use the courts to assist with fact finding and make their own ruling based on their own criteria.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He;ll get a game or two.

LMAO, for what? reckless driving? REALLY? I highly doubt it, but if it is true, please make it the week the Hags are in Santa Clara.

I thought it was his second offense. Things like that usually comes with a suspension.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:

You really want a potential win against the Hawks in a game where we would be missing our star RB and would constantly point to it as an excuse for a loss. There's no joy in wins (if it's a close game) when a star player is missing on the other end. Blowout wins, can be debated that even if that guy was in, it wouldn't have mattered. i.e. If the Seahawks barely beat the Broncos in the SB this year, people would have been crying about Von Miller missing. If the Hawks barely beat San Fran in week 2, people could have pointed to Crabtree as the only reason for the loss. Just saying.
Share 49ersWebzone