LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Originally posted by a49erfan77:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
This was clearly our fans hoping he would get suspended to help us out when it wasn't going to happen. We shouldn't complain Aldon got off pretty easy so far but that's still in the works.
Aldon won't get off easy. Facing 3 felony gun charges and two DUIs. He will surely be suspended.

Aldon has already done his "time" as far as the NFL is concerned. He voluntarily missed 5 games and that time missed will count according to Goodell. Now as for Lynch, the slick b****** used every legal loophole available as to buy himself enough time as to not alter the SEA 2013 season and he came out a champ and he avoided missing any time. Now the NFL can always suspend him if they deem necessary for at most a couple of games but Aldon did miss substantial time last season so I would say so far SEA has avoided any real punishment for Lynch's actions while we had to battle through the adversity. We showed class getting Aldon some needed help. Can't say the same for some other organizations that will put anyone on the field to get a win no matter what rules they may have violated. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Aldon has already done his "time" as far as the NFL is concerned. He voluntarily missed 5 games and that time missed will count according to Goodell. Now as for Lynch, the slick b****** used every legal loophole available as to buy himself enough time as to not alter the SEA 2013 season and he came out a champ and he avoided missing any time. Now the NFL can always suspend him if they deem necessary for at most a couple of games but Aldon did miss substantial time last season so I would say so far SEA has avoided any real punishment for Lynch's actions while we had to battle through the adversity. We showed class getting Aldon some needed help. Can't say the same for some other organizations that will put anyone on the field to get a win no matter what rules they may have violated. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying!
His time off may affect the length of his suspension, but I doubt it will keep him from being suspended at all.
This was clearly our fans hoping he would get suspended to help us out when it wasn't going to happen. We shouldn't complain Aldon got off pretty easy so far but that's still in the works.
Aldon won't get off easy. Facing 3 felony gun charges and two DUIs. He will surely be suspended.

this. the difference with the aldon situation is that the team took the situation into their own hands rather than wait and see what the league does like everyone else.

goodell has already said everything will come into factor.

Lynch situation is a little different. Anyone can get a DUI dropped to wet reckless if you have a good lawyer and your BAC is close to the legal limit.
Also from what I've read he will not get a suspension for it.

Aldon did take himself out for treatment, but depending on his lawyers and other circumstances, he may not have the luxury to plea down. If he can't plea down and is convicted, the NFL will suspend him regardless of the 5 games he took off himself.

The more pressing issue for Aldon is the gun charges. Those are straight up felony charges and I don't see how you plead out on those. Ignorance of not having a legal "assault rifle" is not going to be good enough and with the current state of gun debate in america, he won't get off lightly with the NFL.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
u don't get suspended from the NFL for a DUI.

Originally posted by NinerFan408:
he has had behavior issues back to when he was in buffalo too, we shall see what goodell does

this doe.

true, i think someone else (forget who) mentioned in another thread hat Goodell's whole thing is "helping players, not punishing" when possible, and the team already made an effort to help him, so if Aldon doesnt get into any more trouble off the field he should (hopefully) not have to go through the league punishments.
Originally posted by speedster:

Lynch situation is a little different. Anyone can get a DUI dropped to wet reckless if you have a good lawyer and your BAC is close to the legal limit.
Also from what I've read he will not get a suspension for it.

Aldon did take himself out for treatment, but depending on his lawyers and other circumstances, he may not have the luxury to plea down. If he can't plea down and is convicted, the NFL will suspend him regardless of the 5 games he took off himself.

The more pressing issue for Aldon is the gun charges. Those are straight up felony charges and I don't see how you plead out on those. Ignorance of not having a legal "assault rifle" is not going to be good enough and with the current state of gun debate in america, he won't get off lightly with the NFL.

And Lynch was the same guy wanting some guys bottle of Fireball during the victory parade? The NFL sure is toothless when it comes to this weirdo.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
And Lynch was the same guy wanting some guys bottle of Fireball during the victory parade? The NFL sure is toothless when it comes to this weirdo.

Haha, true. He was also caught with a gun in the trunk. Only thing saving Lynch, his charges were misdemeanors.
While Aldon's are felonies. Much worse.I think Aldon will not get suspended from the his DUI but from the gun charges.

It's true what they say, you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.
[ Edited by speedster on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:

Haha, true. He was also caught with a gun in the trunk. Only thing saving Lynch, his charges were misdemeanors.
While Aldon's are felonies. Much worse.I think Aldon will not get suspended from the his DUI but from the gun charges.

It's true what they say, you can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid.

There is where you are wrong. Aldon will get a plea deal for the gun case and he will probably take it, if the case doesn't get thrown out. Classic case of overcharging to get a conviction of atleast a misdemeanor. I hope he gets in more trouble for the dui, instead of some b******t gun charge... otherwise california really has their priorities backwards
I a
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
There is where you are wrong. Aldon will get a plea deal for the gun case and he will probably take it, if the case doesn't get thrown out. Classic case of overcharging to get a conviction of atleast a misdemeanor. I hope he gets in more trouble for the dui, instead of some b******t gun charge... otherwise california really has their priorities backwards

I agree with you on the DUI being worse, but how is he going to plea down having transported illegal firearms into CA? Also firing a firearm in a CA city?

This is not overcharging. It's charging him with what he did.
He bought the rifle in Arizona and brought it back with out going through a FFL and getting it "Ca legal" , which is a big no no.
What Aldon did is basically gun smuggling. I know it shouldn't be that way, Ca gun laws are really stupid.
But we are dealing with federal as well as state laws he broke.
[ Edited by speedster on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:46 PM ]

I don't think Aldon Smith has ever been close to a ghetto. He was born and lived his early life in the country near the delta in Mississippi - Greenwood, Mississippi. Then later, he lived with his family in Raytown, Missouri, which is basically one of the suburbs of Kansas City, not any kind of an inner city sort of environment. And, if you know anyone from Missouri, they will tell you that nobody thinks twice about any kinds of firearms out there. His defense will claim ignorance of the difference in gun laws in California compared to his home. Prosecution will say ignorance is no excuse, but in cases like this, the courts always take that kind of thing into account. So I think considering the fact that he already voluntarily missed five games to check himself into rehab, they'll probably hit him with a 2-game suspension.

I don't know what to expect with Lynch because he's already been suspended for having an illegal handgun in an airport and he hasn't really missed any time over this DUI. He's just stalled as long as he could. He could be looking at four or five games.
if we have to play in seattle without aldon smith and without bowman we are absolutely screwed i will say that much
Originally posted by crake49:
I don't think Aldon Smith has ever been close to a ghetto. He was born and lived his early life in the country near the delta in Mississippi - Greenwood, Mississippi. Then later, he lived with his family in Raytown, Missouri, which is basically one of the suburbs of Kansas City, not any kind of an inner city sort of environment. And, if you know anyone from Missouri, they will tell you that nobody thinks twice about any kinds of firearms out there. His defense will claim ignorance of the difference in gun laws in California compared to his home. Prosecution will say ignorance is no excuse, but in cases like this, the courts always take that kind of thing into account. So I think considering the fact that he already voluntarily missed five games to check himself into rehab, they'll probably hit him with a 2-game suspension.

I don't know what to expect with Lynch because he's already been suspended for having an illegal handgun in an airport and he hasn't really missed any time over this DUI. He's just stalled as long as he could. He could be looking at four or five games.

When I said ghetto , I meant Lynch. I'm from Oakland and know exactly where Lynch is from, etc.
I didn't mean Aldon as ghetto, he seems like a nice guy, just messed up here and there.

I'm a firearms enthusiast, meaning I have a couple safes with firearms in there.
What Aldon did has been prosecuted before and usually gets a conviction.
As a normal law abiding citizen, if I had any of the banned weapons Aldon did, I can guarantee I'll be in a jail cell for a while.
Two of his rifles are out right banned in CA by name alone.

If they drop his case down and let him plead out, it will create a precedence on owning these weapons here and also set a precedence on getting off due to not knowing the laws in the state you are working and living in.

Trust me there are two outcomes I hope happen.
1) he does get a plea deal and his case can be used to set help repeal these archaic gun laws we have here in CA.
2) he doesn't get a plea deal and has to fight all the way to the supreme court, he has the money to do it; and the supreme court finds CA gun laws unconstitutional.

I don't expect either to happen.
My opinion is he will be found guilty of the gun charges and he'll get what Plaxico Burress got. Maybe less time in jail.
I've been wrong many times before and he may have all charges dropped and we will never hear about it again. If that happens there will be an uproar in the gun community of inequality when it comes to gun laws and law abiding citizens.
Originally posted by lucky_49:
if we have to play in seattle without aldon smith and without bowman we are absolutely screwed i will say that much

I wouldn't count this team out vs anyone anywhere! Especially if we open the season at SEA! Yes SEA should be favored but lookout for the 49ers anywhere!
Originally posted by crake49:

When I said ghetto , I meant Lynch. I'm from Oakland and know exactly where Lynch is from, etc.
I didn't mean Aldon as ghetto, he seems like a nice guy, just messed up here and there.

I'm a firearms enthusiast, meaning I have a couple safes with firearms in there.
What Aldon did has been prosecuted before and usually gets a conviction.
As a normal law abiding citizen, if I had any of the banned weapons Aldon did, I can guarantee I'll be in a jail cell for a while.
Two of his rifles are out right banned in CA by name alone.

If they drop his case down and let him plead out, it will create a precedence on owning these weapons here and also set a precedence on getting off due to not knowing the laws in the state you are working and living in.

Trust me there are two outcomes I hope happen.
1) he does get a plea deal and his case can be used to set help repeal these archaic gun laws we have here in CA.
2) he doesn't get a plea deal and has to fight all the way to the supreme court, he has the money to do it; and the supreme court finds CA gun laws unconstitutional.

I don't expect either to happen.
My opinion is he will be found guilty of the gun charges and he'll get what Plaxico Burress got. Maybe less time in jail.
I've been wrong many times before and he may have all charges dropped and we will never hear about it again. If that happens there will be an uproar in the gun community of inequality when it comes to gun laws and law abiding citizens.

nah, plaxico burress had a gun in public illegally and fired it, p sure thats different
Share 49ersWebzone