There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

Do you think Lynch will be convicted for DUI and receive suspension?

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:
I don't call having two drinks in 2 hrs stupid, i blew a .07... i was still charged and eventually convicted... i made a bad decision to have the second drink, but was in no way impaired, or over the legal limit.. i learned the hard way , that the legal limit is not .08 and that WA has a no tolerance level.. what i did that night was neither stupid, wrong or against the law...

None of this is directed at you, i see what you're trying to say,

I understand your point. There's no need to be defensive about doing something stupid, though. You're indulging in hindsight bias. Unless you gave yourself a breathalyzer test before driving, you didn't know if you were beyond the legal limit that you thought existed before you got behind the wheel of your car. That's a stupid thing to do. Even if you weren't impaired and a pedestrian threw themselves in front of your vehicle resulting in their death, you could be held legally responsible and put in prison. Luckily, nobody was hurt and you learned from your actions.

Everybody does stupid s**t. It's easy to tell when someone isn't stupid because they learn. What's hard to figure out is whether the people who don't learn are stupid or crazy.

I happen to be certifiably insane, so I know I'm not stupid.

I hope you're not taking any of this personal, thanks for adding that bit in your post, I should have done the same in mine. I don't take offense to anything you said and I hope I haven't offended you.
Absolutely none taken, and i agree with your take on it.. However your first point could hold true regardless if i had been drinking or completely sober... you can be imprisoned for vehicular homicide for numerous reasons...
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 31, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Absolutely none taken, and i agree with your take on it.. However your first point could hold true regardless if i had been drinking or completely sober... you can be imprisoned for vehicular homicide for numerous reasons...

Very true. All the more reason to avoid increasing that chance.

Remember Leonard Little? Crazy or stupid?

Marshawn Lynch's DUI trial delayed until December . . .
http://tinyurl.com/kgnt92d
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

That's what good attorneys will do, postpone / stall until the time is right... well, I guess it's fair to say we'll be playing Lynch come Week 2.

Probably no possible suspension until the 2014 season. I seriously doubt if the NFL would suspend him for the playoffs, but if they did, Seahawks fans would go apoplectic.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
That's what good attorneys will do, postpone / stall until the time is right... well, I guess it's fair to say we'll be playing Lynch come Week 2.

Good. No excuses when the Niner front shuts that run down. And Lynch can spend the entire season wondering what's going to happen with it rather than just getting it over with.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Good. No excuses when the Niner front shuts that run down. And Lynch can spend the entire season wondering what's going to happen with it rather than just getting it over with.

Probably no possible suspension until the 2014 season. I seriously doubt if the NFL would suspend him for the playoffs, but if they did, Seahawks fans would go apoplectic.

I was just going to post that my best guess was that they'd continue to delay until the end of the season and the NFL would then issue a suspension for 2014 for a few games (if forced to).

Be careful what you wish for.. Besides Lynch isn't the only offensive threat anymore.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Jul 8, 2013 at 11:17 AM ]
Be careful what you wish for.. Besides Lynch isn't the only offensive threat anymore.

But he's the key to the way Wilson plays. Wilson's at his best when he can do play action and get real deep behind the line. Shut Lynch down and that just doesn't work as well.
Of course, but lynch was shut down in ATL, and wilson took over the game.. both our offenses are too balanced to focus on one area.. you bring 8 in the box, wilson/kap will pick you apart, drop linebackers into coverage, wilson/Kap/gore/lynch will eat up huge chunks.. you can't stop our offenses, there are too many weapons, you can only hope to minimize the damage and play for turnovers.. Defenses are going to have to play honest against both our teams..
Not everyone lives in an area where's public transportation is readily available, taxicabs and what not... So everytime you go out to dinner, or a bbq, or have a glass of wine at home and realize you need Toilet Paper from the store, you're going to call a taxi or a friend.. Sounds great in a perfect world, but it's not reality.

There's a difference between going out and knowing you're going to have some drinks and arrange a ride, i do that.. but what about stopping after work for (A) beer on the way home, or having (A) glass of wine with your dinner, are you being irresponsible, NO but if you drive you are running the risk of getting a DUI....

It's a cash cow for these states, and these counties rely on that income..Believe me when i tell you they have a quota... I went to court for my dui back in 2003... I went to 4 seperate hearings fighting my case, each time there was at least 25 to 30 other people in there for alcohol related offenses. .. Each time, that's just the times i was there. that's 25 to 30 people a day, every day, at least 2 sessions a day.. in court for alcohol or drug related cases.. at roughly 7 grand a pop, you do the math...

I had to do 2 years of alcohol classes.. there was 25 people in my class, they had 4 classes a day, that's roughly 100 people a day going through classes at 2500 a pop from all walks of life.. i had Lawyers, doctors, firemen, Vet, upper management all the way to blue collar workers in my class..

beleive me when i tell you It's easy to get a DUI, because cops are specifically targeting you for them..

Every traffic stop is a DUI stop...

Hawker, I hear ya. Been through it once myself.

There's a fine line between the business side of DUIs and the safety aspect.....if there wasn't, there would be no such thing as legal limits, anything over 0.00 would be illegal each and every time (and in some countries it is that way.....I know some euro countries is 0.02).

In my opinion, the reality of DUI should be to stop those who are legitimately drunk/intoxicated as opposed to the one to two beer/wine per dinner crowd.

Ask MADD to produce just one incident of manslaughter ~ 0.08 BAC....and my guess is that it would be very hard. Everything is well over aggravated DWI (.16+...usually .21-.25) which is practically wasted by anyone's definition. No sympathy there of course, but they are trying to throw the book at everyone that just barely cracks the limit.

The way society operates in the US, it's easier said than done to prevent all these things and if real aggressive measures were taken, there'd be push back from businesses.

Culturally, Germany does it right. The designated driver is a very real thing over there as opposed to here......and people DRINKKK over there.
Originally posted by Axl49:
I WANT HIM TO PLAY so when we smack up their titties week two they have no excuse

"smack up their titties".. lullz
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/12/lynch-dui-trial-date-set-for-after-christmas/According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, a pretrial hearing Thursday confirmed that Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch won't stand trial before a jury until Dec. 27.

The article leaves out a bit of legalese.

"The Dec. 27 date doesn't mean opening statements in front of a jury. It's a hearing for trial readiness based on the Pre-Trial motion to suppress scheduled for November. They still need to do Jury Selection, the trial itself and depending on the outcome a sentencing hearing.You're not going to see an actual verdict until February and a sentencing hearing until two weeks later. The NFL isn't going to suspend him until the conclusion of his case (Sentencing or Lynch pleads out) and even then it's no guarantee that they will. It is his first violation under the substance abuse policy in the collective bargaining agreement and the NFL does not typically suspend for first violations in this regard. In summary, it is very unlikely that any suspension will happen this year. Worry if you want. Call Goodell a Nazi if you want. But i'll go to Vegas and bet that he doesn't get suspended this year unless he settles or the DA drops the case. They're simply isn't enough time to resolve if the case goes to verdict".

It would appear Lynch will be available for the entire season, barring injury, or another incident..
[ Edited by hawker84 on Jul 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM ]