There are 221 users in the forums

Atlanta Falcons New Stadium Concepts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
The sports fan base in Atlanta sucks because most of the would be sports fan base there, are gay black males instead. Please don't turn this into a racist thing I myself am black. But yes, a lot of males in ATL are either gay or fake gangsters.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
The sports fan base in Atlanta sucks because most of the would be sports fan base there, are gay black males instead. Please don't turn this into a racist thing I myself am black. But yes, a lot of males in ATL are either gay or fake gangsters.

can't play the race card but can play the stereotype/homophobe card?

• jrg
  • Veteran
vibrating seats
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

The gays did this

It's not s stereotype nor is it homophobic... it's a statistic... there are a LOT of openly gay black men in ATL. In my book that would be no different than pointing out the fact that there is low attendance at church in a town full of atheist. The only reason I pointed out the race is because ATL is in a large part filled with African Americans. The reason I pointed out my race was to SHOW it's not a stereotype or any sort of racist tension.
It's not s stereotype nor is it homophobic... it's a statistic... there are a LOT of openly gay black men in ATL. In my book that would be no different than pointing out the fact that there is low attendance at church in a town full of atheist. The only reason I pointed out the race is because ATL is in a large part filled with African Americans. The reason I pointed out my race was to SHOW it's not a stereotype or any sort of racist tension.

• boast
  • Hella Fame

ohhhhhhh...it's a statistic. i see. ok. please post the statistics and then compare them with San Francisco, Seattle, and Minneapolis/St. Paul. let's see how your theory plays out in relation to reality...statistically speaking, of course.

I got the impression that ATL has a lot of black people and that there are plenty of black gay males there but I would not say that the fan base sucks because of that. I am black too though not gay but if I were I would not say that I sucked (as a fan) because of it. Some people are born of a certain ethnicity and their sexual preference is what it is, makes no difference to me. If you love your team then support it and please don't be fair-weather and I can appreciate you and rep my team just the same. We just have to measure our commentary so as not to offend others in certain forums even though it may sometimes feel like we are suppressing our true feelings. This is the way to respect others. I cannot argue your facts because I don't have demographic data to dispute it but the eyeball test does lend credence to your statement. Straight or gay, fans are fans we just have to deal with it. Aside from that, odds are that we have had some black gay males making plays for our team over the years and will probably have plenty more in the years to come
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Jun 3, 2013 at 5:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I like that stadium better than ours. May not be as aethetically appealing as what will be in Santa Clara, but I am fairly sure that it'll create crowd noise to rival seattle's stadium.
It all looks cool. However, the more complicated the plumbing (all those moving parts) the easier it is to clog it, in other words the greater the maintenance cost, especially when it gets older. As far as crowd noise, not sure about the acoustics, but the second design looks like the fans are farther away from the field compared to the niners facility. So for the fans, in that sense they will enjoy the game more. Until the niners stadium is finsihed and a game played, won't know about crowd noise compared to other places. However, Domes tend to have a shorter life it seems, just look around. As one poster stated, follow the KISS rule, keep it simple stupid. The best way to enhance the fans experience is not in the looks department but, things like comfortable seats, good sight lines, close to the action as possible, good variety of refreshments, clean & ample facilties, good tailgating, easy entrance and exits from the venue, and shops to buy your nfl gear. Everything else is useless.

Plus the niners stadium will allow some of the fans to get a look at the players as they walk from the lockers and all. I think the niners brass was thinking more about enhancing the fans experience in different ways. The only thing that the other stadium one may claim greater fan experience is the video screen they intend to have.

Vibrating seats-buwahahahaha! So silly, they probably trying to enhance the female fans experience.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

+1 on post/answer --> moderating other peoples way of communicating, not so good

Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
+1 on post/answer --> moderating other peoples way of communicating, not so good

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

lol..
Just to clarify I don't have any issues with our gay/lesbian community, nor am I saying gays/lesbians don't watch/support sports team. But if you know the culture amongst blacks (gay/straight/whatever) in Atlanta you wouldn't dispute this or make a big deal about it. Just watch a few episodes of Real Housewives of Atlanta or Love and Hip-Hop, and trust me you will whole heatedly agree. lol.
Just to clarify I don't have any issues with our gay/lesbian community, nor am I saying gays/lesbians don't watch/support sports team. But if you know the culture amongst blacks (gay/straight/whatever) in Atlanta you wouldn't dispute this or make a big deal about it. Just watch a few episodes of Real Housewives of Atlanta or Love and Hip-Hop, and trust me you will whole heatedly agree. lol.

Share 49ersWebzone