There are 214 users in the forums

Atlanta Falcons New Stadium Concepts

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I got flamed when I said I thought the new 9er stadium was boring and not forward thinking enough.

It will actually get built, so it does have that major advantage. But I think this shows how much more we could have pushed our design and innovation. Not that I want them to go that far... But there's a lot of room between that our new look. A look which will barely look new when it's done will certainly look outdated in the not too far off future.

I expect I'll get flamed again now....

What people don't get is that those stadium are built in Atlanta. Arlington. Glendale.

There is NOTHING ELSE THERE. They are all domes FOR A REASON. The CLINK in Seattle is built that way because of the rain.

The whole point of the Niners new stadium is that its WIDE OPEN...BY DESIGN. The best 2 things the Bay Area has going for it are the weather and Silicon Valley. Thats why the stadium looks the way it does and why it's being built where it is.

So many people want some gothic temple looking thing that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. After a few years they just look ugly as hell and are reflection of their time. They are dated overnight. They look like the old iMacs...you know, the ones that look like Lava Lamps.

Hell...the freakin Georgia Dome was built in 1992!!! Its just over 20 years old!! I remember Deion in '94 referring to it as "my house" when SF went there that year. To put perspective on that, the Niners moved into Candlestick in 1971 and the stadium was initially built in 1960.

The best stadiums in the NFL are SIMPLE.
That's a fair point.

I would argue that any design that's done well can hold up, even if it's clearly from a certain period. Design have to be neutral to be timeless. The transamerica building and the eiffel tower are still beautiful structures, even though there were pushing the limits of modern design when they were originally built.

I'm glad the 9ers new stadium is open, and more about it's place than it's building. But I still think the building itself could be more interesting without losing that. Just one man's aesestic....
impact seating for a when a big hit is made....too bad that requires a good defense
I got flamed when I said I thought the new 9er stadium was boring and not forward thinking enough.

It will actually get built, so it does have that major advantage. But I think this shows how much more we could have pushed our design and innovation. Not that I want them to go that far... But there's a lot of room between that our new look. A look which will barely look new when it's done will certainly look outdated in the not too far off future.

I expect I'll get flamed again now....

What people don't get is that those stadium are built in Atlanta. Arlington. Glendale.

There is NOTHING ELSE THERE. They are all domes FOR A REASON. The CLINK in Seattle is built that way because of the rain.

The whole point of the Niners new stadium is that its WIDE OPEN...BY DESIGN. The best 2 things the Bay Area has going for it are the weather and Silicon Valley. Thats why the stadium looks the way it does and why it's being built where it is.

So many people want some gothic temple looking thing that is COMPLETELY unnecessary. After a few years they just look ugly as hell and are reflection of their time. They are dated overnight. They look like the old iMacs...you know, the ones that look like Lava Lamps.

Hell...the freakin Georgia Dome was built in 1992!!! Its just over 20 years old!! I remember Deion in '94 referring to it as "my house" when SF went there that year. To put perspective on that, the Niners moved into Candlestick in 1971 and the stadium was initially built in 1960.

The best stadiums in the NFL are SIMPLE.
That's a fair point.

I would argue that any design that's done well can hold up, even if it's clearly from a certain period. Design have to be neutral to be timeless. The transamerica building and the eiffel tower are still beautiful structures, even though there were pushing the limits of modern design when they were originally built.

I'm glad the 9ers new stadium is open, and more about it's place than it's building. But I still think the building itself could be more interesting without losing that. Just one man's aesestic....

Well, I for one am glad the new stadium doesn't look like a spaceship (Arizona), a sphincter (Atlanta), or a toilet bowl (remodel in Miami).

Call me crazy, but I'm a fan of stadiums that look like stadiums.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
impact seating for a when a big hit is made....too bad that requires a good defense

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They are turning the game into a Wii remote.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Thats the dumbest thing I've ever heard. They are turning the game into a Wii remote.

this way too complex for a city that has terrible fan support...tuned into the Atlanta Hawks game the other night and it was half empty....in the playoffs
Originally posted by NinerGod:
The Falcons are getting a new stadium and the concept design are f**king crazy, especially the second one. Life is good when the cost of living is so cheap.

Link

uh...is it just me or does it look like a sphincter?

My thoughts exactly.... The SphincterDome!
Guess its happening....

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer
Falcons announce $200 million in G4 funding has been approved by the NFL for their new stadium in Atlanta.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Just spoke w/Falcons owner Arthur Blank; He wants to pick contractor for the stadium in next 30 days, break ground in 9 months, open in 2017
Why build a dome in Georgia? This is football it's made to be played in the mud and wind and rain. How great would the Ice Bowl have been inside a dome? No excuse for building a dome unless your team is in Alaska.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Why build a dome in Georgia? This is football it's made to be played in the mud and wind and rain. How great would the Ice Bowl have been inside a dome? No excuse for building a dome unless your team is in Alaska.

they want concert $$$, WWF, NCAA dance etc

Those mock ups are f**king beautiful
Originally posted by YungAce:
Those mock ups are f**king beautiful

Our stadium has solar power, wifi and a big green roof doe.
they're spending that much money on a new stadium....they should be worried about paying Matt Ryan.....
I like that stadium better than ours. May not be as aethetically appealing as what will be in Santa Clara, but I am fairly sure that it'll create crowd noise to rival seattle's stadium.
The sports fan base in Atlanta sucks because most of the would be sports fan base there, are gay black males instead. Please don't turn this into a racist thing I myself am black. But yes, a lot of males in ATL are either gay or fake gangsters.
Share 49ersWebzone