LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Justin Blackmon suspended four games

Shop 49ers game tickets
I almost grabbed him in fantasy a couple weeks ago. My instinct said no, but that's totally irrelevant to his situation. I feel for the guy watching what Aldon has been through. Blackmon needs to follow his cue and get some serious-ass help.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Originally posted by sfout:
What happened for him to get suspended?

he tested positive for an illegal substance under the substance abuse policy. Since all of his issues are supposedly mostly involved alcohol he could've been drunk during a random test but maybe it was weed or another drug.

It would be a bit funny if it was for a PED rather than an illegal substance though.

If he can be suspended indefinitely what will happen to Aldon smith? I hope because he went to rehab it will keep that from happening

I'm not even sure if Aldon was in the substance abuse program like Blackmon. Aldon's main negative point is that everything snowballed and happened within weeks if not days of each incident.

Aldon was essentially on a 5 game paid suspension. Going to rehab voluntarily will reflect positively on any possible discipline and he may not ever be suspended but have to pay a very massive fine. I still think he is suspended 2-4 games to start next season though, especially if the legal cases go against him.

he tested positive for an illegal substance under the substance abuse policy. Since all of his issues are supposedly mostly involved alcohol he could've been drunk during a random test but maybe it was weed or another drug.

It would be a bit funny if it was for a PED rather than an illegal substance though.

If he can be suspended indefinitely what will happen to Aldon smith? I hope because he went to rehab it will keep that from happening

I'm not even sure if Aldon was in the substance abuse program like Blackmon. Aldon's main negative point is that everything snowballed and happened within weeks if not days of each incident.

Aldon was essentially on a 5 game paid suspension. Going to rehab voluntarily will reflect positively on any possible discipline and he may not ever be suspended but have to pay a very massive fine. I still think he is suspended 2-4 games to start next season though, especially if the legal cases go against him.

Blackmon is a multi offender on his last strike, Aldon is one proven event, though it carried multiple issues with it and he sought help....apples and oranges.
Trade a 2nd rd pick for him. NOWWWW!!!!! Do it Harbaalke or else the world is going to end.
The old baseball philosophy, three strikes and you're out.
Turd..
He's not very bright unless a lamp is being thrown at him.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Trade a 2nd rd pick for him. NOWWWW!!!!! Do it Harbaalke or else the world is going to end.

i'd wait it out to see what the jags do with him. his value has taken some shots
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

Blackmon is a multi offender on his last strike, Aldon is one proven event, though it carried multiple issues with it and he sought help....apples and oranges.

Yep. That was the straight forward version of what I said
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:

i'd wait it out to see what the jags do with him. his value has taken some shots

At this point, I do not think that he has any value.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
He figured he has nothing to lose... already at the bottom thinking to himself (I better try to get kicked of this team)... not wanting to be part of the 0-16 Jaguars AND possibly being shipped off to London to be the OLD ENGLAND SHAGUARS .

Maybe if he was on an NFL team (not a team that can barely compete against UNLV or San Jose State like the Shaguars), he'd be a top 10 wide receiver
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
He figured he has nothing to lose... already at the bottom thinking to himself (I better try to get kicked of this team)... not wanting to be part of the 0-16 Jaguars AND possibly being shipped off to London to be the OLD ENGLAND SHAGUARS .

Maybe if he was on an NFL team (not a team that can barely compete against UNLV or San Jose State like the Shaguars), he'd be a top 10 wide receiver

He just lost a lot of money.

Trade deadline has passed homie
After what we went through during the dark years, I actually feel bad for the Jaguars. If they do end up taking Teddy Bridgewater, I hope his career isn't ruined before it even begins.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
He just lost a lot of money.

up in smoke
Share 49ersWebzone