LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Jets released QB Tim Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If people believed in him as a QB he would have a job, the teams that have been interested so far have only been interested in him as a TE.

This has a lot more to do with the media circus that comes with him than anything else.

i agree with this. dude isn't the BEST QB around, but he's got the will to win on the field. i honestly feel that people just hate him in the NFL.

You hit the nail on the head, Tebow has the will to win, and he does not quit or ever give a half ass effort. I don't think I've ever seen Tebow stick his head in the dirt during a loss. The only QBs I have seen keep his composure that good is Kap and Joe Cool (all bias aside).
  • CRUD
Back up for Jaguars. Pray on it.
Tebow was on a team that lacked leadership, heart, and a talented QB. Tebow has the first two things on lock. I think he could have developed with a coach who believed in him but sadly Rex was nowhere near what he needed.

I like Tim he is a class act and a good guy in general. If he had a coach that believed in playing football the Tebow way he could be an NFL QB. Sadly most teams are in the mind set that if you can't thread the needle like Rodgers, or Brady you can't help a team win football games. Sometimes you need heart and will to win more than you need an elite arm.

I think the guy got short changed by the Jets and this is probably the end of his career.

Sad because he is the kind of guy you want in the huddle to win games. Even if he can't throw a perfect spiral or throw a sweet 50 yard pass. The guy has the will to brute force a win and I find that admirable because he can make s**t happen despite not being a conventional NFL QB.
Tebow has to sit and learn, he needs a quality coach who can develop him.
The problem is that with all the media hype that is not possible, and even more important he needs to go somewhere were the media is not as agressive as in NY.
Honestly if I were Tebow I would go play in Canada or Arena. People will come out to see him play just because of his name, and I'm willing to bet some company (Fox, Espn, NBC) would pay to have those games televised. I think he could pick up some endorsements as well.
dude isn't the BEST QB around, but he's got the will to win on the field. i honestly feel that people just hate him in the NFL.

Nah, it has nothing to do with people hating him. He's not nearly good enough to be a starting QB, and he's even worse as a backup QB because he can only be moderately successful if you build your whole offensive philosophy around him like the Broncos did two years ago.

If your starter goes down you need a backup who can step into your offense and your scheme, and Tebow can't do that. It's why the Jets had McElroy step in for Sanchez and not Tebow.

Heck, in Tebow's best season he had the third lowest completion % (46.5%) of any QB with over 250 passes in the last 20 years. He can't be a starter, and he can't be a backup. If you want him to be your third QB for gimmick plays (as the Jets wanted), it has to be worth the media circus, and it just isn't.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
dude isn't the BEST QB around, but he's got the will to win on the field. i honestly feel that people just hate him in the NFL.

Nah, it has nothing to do with people hating him. He's not nearly good enough to be a starting QB, and he's even worse as a backup QB because he can only be moderately successful if you build your whole offensive philosophy around him like the Broncos did two years ago.

If your starter goes down you need a backup who can step into your offense and your scheme, and Tebow can't do that. It's why the Jets had McElroy step in for Sanchez and not Tebow.

Heck, in Tebow's best season he had the third lowest completion % (46.5%) of any QB with over 250 passes in the last 20 years. He can't be a starter, and he can't be a backup. If you want him to be your third QB for gimmick plays (as the Jets wanted), it has to be worth the media circus, and it just isn't.

Yes, what you don't want is, every time your starting qb throws an incompletion, the media and 70,000 fans screaming for Tebow. Like the chants for Carr, only 100 times worse.

A. The Broncos did not build an entire offense/scheme around Tebow. They installed a few plays to make him a bit more comfy but they did not roll out the red carpet the way the Panthers did for Cam or how the Redskins did for RG3. So lets not act like they built an entire offense around the guy. If anything they gave Tebow enough rope to hang himself and it back fired against Elway and Fox.

B. Tebow was throwing to Brandon "Butterfingers" Lloyd, DT was only about 80%, and I think Decker was injured. Not to mention the Broncos best offensive linman (clady) was injured and they had a few rookies starting on the offensive line.

C. You had players in his own locker room hating on him despite the fact that they were winning games as a team. Those are the punks I would want gone, not Tebow.

All in all I think Tebow has proven he is far from what most people would call a "stud" QB, but he did more against all odds than Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Sanchez, Weeden, and Blain Gabbert have in their careers. He was the reason his team performed ABOVE expectations and not below them.
  • CRUD
Tebow took the Broncos to the first round of the playoffs. What did Peyton do? First round of the playoffs? There's some sort of strange voodoo tear in the spacetime continuum here.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Tebow was on a team that lacked leadership, heart, and a talented QB. Tebow has the first two things on lock. I think he could have developed with a coach who believed in him but sadly Rex was nowhere near what he needed.

I like Tim he is a class act and a good guy in general. If he had a coach that believed in playing football the Tebow way he could be an NFL QB. Sadly most teams are in the mind set that if you can't thread the needle like Rodgers, or Brady you can't help a team win football games. Sometimes you need heart and will to win more than you need an elite arm.

I think the guy got short changed by the Jets and this is probably the end of his career.

Sad because he is the kind of guy you want in the huddle to win games. Even if he can't throw a perfect spiral or throw a sweet 50 yard pass. The guy has the will to brute force a win and I find that admirable because he can make s**t happen despite not being a conventional NFL QB.

Tebow isn't the guy you want in the huddle because he can't even complete 50% of his passes. He can have all the heart in the world but if you can't throw the ball in the NFL you can't win. The only reason he had any remote success in Denver was because of their outstanding running game

Originally posted by 24plus25er:

A. The Broncos did not build an entire offense/scheme around Tebow. They installed a few plays to make him a bit more comfy but they did not roll out the red carpet the way the Panthers did for Cam or how the Redskins did for RG3. So lets not act like they built an entire offense around the guy. If anything they gave Tebow enough rope to hang himself and it back fired against Elway and Fox.

B. Tebow was throwing to Brandon "Butterfingers" Lloyd, DT was only about 80%, and I think Decker was injured. Not to mention the Broncos best offensive linman (clady) was injured and they had a few rookies starting on the offensive line.

C. You had players in his own locker room hating on him despite the fact that they were winning games as a team. Those are the punks I would want gone, not Tebow.

All in all I think Tebow has proven he is far from what most people would call a "stud" QB, but he did more against all odds than Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo, Sanchez, Weeden, and Blain Gabbert have in their careers. He was the reason his team performed ABOVE expectations and not below them.

Okay, dude.

The Broncos got rid of him not because he had the third worst completion % in the last 20 years and significantly limited what they could do on offense, the Jets didn't put McElroy in ahead of him for the same reason, the Jets didn't cut him for the same reason, and everyone else isn't signing him for the same reason.

Instead, there is massive NFL wide conspiracy of poopie heads who prefer being mean to Tim Tebow to winning games.

[/sarcsam]

Okay, dude.

The Broncos got rid of him not because he had the third worst completion % in the last 20 years and significantly limited what they could do on offense, the Jets didn't put McElroy in ahead of him for the same reason, the Jets didn't cut him for the same reason, and everyone else isn't signing him for the same reason.

Instead, there is massive NFL wide conspiracy of poopie heads who prefer being mean to Tim Tebow to winning games.

[/sarcsam]

Damn. So it's another Government conspiracy?
I think he should be an commentator for College football games. Ultimately that will be his true calling in life.
This is how it would look for us to sign Tim Tebow:

• Jcool
  • Veteran
^^^ Words can not describe how little sense that post makes.
Share 49ersWebzone