There are 187 users in the forums

Jets released QB Tim Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Hopefully McDaniels will get another HC job and gives Tebow a shot. Regardless of what anyone says about him, he was the most entertaining player of 2011 and delivered great advertising and Nielsen ratings for the NFL.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'm not a fan. But I'd rather have him then McCoy due to offense
I wonder how many fans here that made fun or doubted him in DEN and recently NYJ are the same ones that now believe he'd be a good fit on this team.
This has to be some sort of joke. I don't need stats to tell me anything, I can watch him play and know that he sucks. He's too slow to be an effective read-option QB, and he can't pass, so there's hardly any threat of the throw. He was a great college player, but Tebow sucked in the NFL, and will continue to suck in the NFL as a QB.
Originally posted by dhp318:
This has to be some sort of joke. I don't need stats to tell me anything, I can watch him play and know that he sucks. He's too slow to be an effective read-option QB, and he can't pass, so there's hardly any threat of the throw. He was a great college player, but Tebow sucked in the NFL, and will continue to suck in the NFL as a QB.

29 career touchdowns to 9 career interceptions

8-6 as a starter

He also put up 366 total yards and 3 TDs in the playoff win over Pittsburgh.. at the time the #1 defense in football.

Those who say or have said he sucks... your bellies should be full of crow by now.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by dhp318:

29 career touchdowns to 9 career interceptions

8-6 as a starter

He also put up 366 total yards and 3 TDs in the playoff win over Pittsburgh.. at the time the #1 defense in football.

Those who say or have said he sucks... your bellies should be full of crow by now.

If people believed in him as a QB he would have a job, the teams that have been interested so far have only been interested in him as a TE.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If people believed in him as a QB he would have a job, the teams that have been interested so far have only been interested in him as a TE.

This has a lot more to do with the media circus that comes with him than anything else.

This has a lot more to do with the media circus that comes with him than anything else.

i agree with this. dude isn't the BEST QB around, but he's got the will to win on the field. i honestly feel that people just hate him in the NFL.

LOL, No the reason teams want him to play TE is because they know he cant play QB

He has a career 47% completion percentage lol
He has terrible accuracy. The Gators ran the read option allmost exclusivley, in the NFL you can´t do that, also he bulked up, and his allready terrible throwing motion became even more terrible.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on May 4, 2013 at 6:22 AM ]
I've always been a Tebow supporter, I've felt that with good coaching he could make a really good NFL qb. Simply put though there's no need for him on this team. Niners are set at QB and backup so he has no use. He could be scary with Harbaugh coaching him, but Kaep's emergence renders Tebow in a Niner jersey as useless.
I really like the guy.

IMO, NOT a starting NFL QB.

I don't know how fast he is as far as being a TE.

That said, he does have a "something" that seems to work on the field.

He and Daniels seemed to connect - I hope he gets a shot somewhere.
With Tebow I feel like fans just hear the talking heads on ESPN and other media outlets saying; "He can't throw..." "Look at his mechanics.." "He's not an NFL quaterback...", yet and still he finds ways to win with little to no support from his coaching staff and front office. In the past when teams could actually play defense and get physical I would take a pass on Tebow, but now in an NFL where you can't hit and the game is played with so much open space it's tailor made for a guy like Tebow. All he needs is an offense built around him and the right kinds of players who compliment his game. All these NFL execs and talking heads on tv said the same stuff about Cam Newton coming out, but Rob Chudzinski built an offense around Cam that made it easy for him and the front office got players who could help Cam grow as a player.

Is Tebow an Aaron Rodgers type QB? Heck no. But overall he got the job done as a quaterback and won enough in the regular season to sneak in the playoffs and even got a win in the playoffs. Something that it took Romo and Matt Ryan YEARS to do and they are much better passers than Tebow and had much better teams around them. Right now if I'm Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennesse (durability issues with Locker), hell even Arizoina I would at least kick the tires on Tebow and weigh the pros and cons on him. It's not like he is a locker room cancer, he is prob one of the best teamates a player can have. He's dedicated to playing the game, and he brings instant revenue via jersey sales and tickets.

All in all there is no room, and or need on the 49ers roster for Tebow but their are plenty of teams who could use him. The Browns and Jags being at the top of that list.
Share 49ersWebzone