There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets released QB Tim Tebow

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by 190836:
Tebow may not be a NFL caliber QB, but he is proven winner and he deserves better. Jets are classless and run by bunch of amateurs.

this, he can still be useful as a backup QB somewhere

for who? the only offers he had coming his way were for him to transition to TE

The Seahawks
My money is on him going to Canada. Makes sense if he really does want to play, prob the best bet to start.
The only spot in the NFL that makes sense for Tebow is New England. It's one of the few places where he could sit, learn the position, and have zero expectations placed on him. There will be no circus or QB controversy due to the presence of Tom Brady. OC Josh McDaniels was the man who drafted Tebow in Denver. Under McDaniels, Tebow had a 300 yard passing game in his rookie year. So he must possess some type of throwing ability.

I think there is a place for Tebow in the NFL as a QB. Go ahead and browse through the QB depth chart for all 32 teams. You will find a lot of garbage. Despite his shortcomings as a passer, Tebow is a playmaker and has accomplished more in the NFL than a lot of these scrubs. He's a winner. He just needs to be in a situation where someone is committed to developing him.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM ]
Jagzzzz
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The only spot in the NFL that makes sense for Tebow is New England. It's one of the few places where he could sit, learn the position, and have zero expectations placed on him. There will be no circus or QB controversy due to the presence of Tom Brady. OC Josh McDaniels was the man who drafted Tebow in Denver. Under McDaniels, Tebow had a 300 yard passing game in his rookie year. So he must possess some type of throwing ability.

I think there is a place for Tebow in the NFL as a QB. Go ahead and browse through the QB depth chart for all 32 teams. You will find a lot of garbage. Despite his shortcomings as a passer, Tebow is a playmaker and has accomplished more in the NFL than a lot of these scrubs. He's a winner. He just needs to be in a situation where someone is committed to developing him.

i agree,
But i think it will be a sign if NE doesn't want him
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I agree, Tebow isn't great but it's hyperbole to say he's worse than every other QB in this league (2nd and 3rd string included).

My question is, is there anything he can personally do to quiet the media circus that surrounds him? Or is it just his curse
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228241/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

This story is great and the last line of the article is priceless! Also, the Omaha Beef is probably the coolest team name of all time.
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
My money is on him going to Canada. Makes sense if he really does want to play, prob the best bet to start.

Warren Moon disagrees with your assessment.
2 Tough calls:

Where is the best fit? I like the Pats, not even the scumbag press will call for Tebow time. And he can learn from one of the best.

Where ever he goes the press will the Press not hound him one way or the other? If not for playing time then they'll fabricate some story to keep the thing alive.

IMO, he should consider a TE position that others have spoken about. He's fast, strong and IMO, tough. [Sorry no link and probably not worth it anyway.]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Drew Magary ‏@drewmagary

There's a TEBOW UNLEASHED header on http://NFL.com ; right now. So watch out, af2 fans!
I would love to have Tebow as a back-up or 3rd QB on the Niners. We dont get cought up much in all the media hype. I think the Niners could handle it very well. We really dont know how he has developed, the Jets have completely retarded his growth an completely threw him under the bus. We run a perfect offense for him, he is a great athlete and could be used in many different ways. I like him also because he has NFL experience and is young still. Kap, Mcoy, Tebow. I am intrigued to see him get reps somewhere, the jets made him come in around 245lbs because they were gonna all this stuff, he was noticeably slower and didnt even get reps. Its ashame that his poplularity has gotten in the way of actual coaches spending time to develop his craft. He needs a ton of work, but i dont think he should be out of the league at all.
Score one for atheism and logic
Originally posted by NinerSquire:
Score one for atheism and logic

That's what I'm screaming. Maybe he'll join the convent now. Sister Timantha has a nice ring to it.
Chargers! Chargers!
Tebow is 8-6 as a starting QB in this league.

He has 29 career TDs versus 9 career Interceptions.

Yes, he takes forever to get the ball out of his hands. Yes, he struggles to read defenses. Yes he is not as accurate as some other QBs.

But he has earned a place in the NFL as a QB. The above numbers are proof.