LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Jets released QB Tim Tebow

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
No 3rd string qb has ever got more publicity. Sucks because he'd be able to land somewhere if there was no circus following him.

he isn't a 3rd string, he is a backup at worst

he is a CFL player

so, the seahawks
Yeah Tebow isn't getting a QB job anywhere in the NFL. There's been about a dozen teams that have gone out of their way to say that they want no part of him. His best bet is go to the CFL, improve as a quarterback, find some success and then come back to the NFL. That's if he actually wants to improve, if he simply wants to be an attention whore and continue to keep the focus on himself, he'll rummage around and end up finally going to New England and play an Edelman like role with them.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah Tebow isn't getting a QB job anywhere in the NFL. There's been about a dozen teams that have gone out of their way to say that they want no part of him. His best bet is go to the CFL, improve as a quarterback, find some success and then come back to the NFL. That's if he actually wants to improve, if he simply wants to be an attention whore and continue to keep the focus on himself, he'll rummage around and end up finally going to New England and play an Edelman like role with them.

He can't just go to CFL that simply. I don't get why people think this. The field is bigger! Maybe he can go play arena or He has to either play RB or hope someone will take him on as a project.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

CFL would love him considering the media hype he brings.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Anyone who thinks Tebow is going to play in Canada is crazy. He is a better Qb than Ponder, Palmer, Weeden, and Gabbert. He may not have the best mechanics but he can win games with his arm and legs. Someone will gamble on him.

I agree that on the merits of his accomplishments and abilities, he's very deserving of another shot, but the baggage that comes with him is a serious drawback.
Tebow and Matt Ryan have the same amount of playoff wins.
Originally posted by xtm059:
Tebow and Matt Ryan have the same amount of playoff wins.

Please dont make me defend Matt Ryan, i f**kin hate that guy
  • Veteran
Tebow may not be a NFL caliber QB, but he is proven winner and he deserves better. Jets are classless and run by bunch of amateurs.
Originally posted by 190836:
Tebow may not be a NFL caliber QB, but he is proven winner and he deserves better. Jets are classless and run by bunch of amateurs.

this, he can still be useful as a backup QB somewhere
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I think everyone knew it was coming. I think he will have to play in Canada, or he doesnt play at all. Nobody is picking him up, IMO.

b******t move by the Jets though to release him after everyone filled their rosters already. The Jets knew they weren't taking him to camp, they should have released him last week so he at least had a shot at making a team. Then if nobody signed him, you could say it was a lack of talent that did him in (and the media show ESPN created).

I agree. The Jets are complete bastaxds !! Not only did they screw up his career, they didn't even want him to have a chance to get another job by only announcing the cut after the draft. Just too bad we are not playing them this coming season, if not we should crush them again cos they bloody deserve it !!

How is Tebow a proven winner?
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Anyone who thinks Tebow is going to play in Canada is crazy. He is a better Qb than Ponder, Palmer, Weeden, and Gabbert. He may not have the best mechanics but he can win games with his arm and legs. Someone will gamble on him.

Put the crack pipe down, son.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jon Bois ‏@jon_bois

new @sbnation: it is 2024, and Tim Tebow has spent a decade in the CFL. these are his memoirs.

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/5/1/4282368/tim-tebow-cfl
Maybe he needs to pray about it.

Scoff.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

this, he can still be useful as a backup QB somewhere

for who? the only offers he had coming his way were for him to transition to TE
Share 49ersWebzone