There are 168 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
They gave him a chance to try out for the NFL. There wasn't much to him football wise at this point. Maybe some team will take the time to develop him, if he has the love and dedication for the game to go through the wear on body of an NFL season. The Niners are in a SB run this season. Roster spot is at a premium. Even at practice squad. I don't think they are interested in a long term project like Okyoe.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Remember when people said he would make the 53 man this year? lol This dude was always destined for the PS

interesting that they let him go now... any ulterior motive?

He's injured and wasn't going to play the final preseason game, so no point in keeping him.

Injured
Originally posted by mattster03:
Remember when people said he would make the 53 man this year? lol This dude was always destined for the PS

He's injured and wasn't going to play the final preseason game, so no point in keeping him.

Injured

ah the old phantom injury, eh?

Injured

Well he's going on IR.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye

Relax people - I'm going on IR

on a sprain?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
They gave him a chance to try out for the NFL. There wasn't much to him football wise at this point. Maybe some team will take the time to develop him, if he has the love and dedication for the game to go through the wear on body of an NFL season. The Niners are in a SB run this season. Roster spot is at a premium. Even at practice squad. I don't think they are interested in a long term project like Okyoe.

They wouldn't have signed him if they weren't interested in long term projects.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye

Relax people - I'm going on IR

on a sprain?

Probably the best way to keep him without having to put him on the PS or keep him on the 53 man.
if you are on the IR you are still allowed to practice right?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
no one currs
They should sneak him onto the Stanford team this year.

Injured

Amazing. One of my predictions came true. In my original post, I just used regular quotes around injured, but I like the "air quote" emoticons. Nice. If he goes on injured reserve, he gets to watch practices closely, listen in on meetings, talk to coaches, study schemes and just learn the game mentally - which is definitely what he needs. That's why it's so "lucky" that they can put him on that list if that's what happens.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Injured

Amazing. One of my predictions came true. In my original post, I just used regular quotes around injured, but I like the "air quote" emoticons. Nice. If he goes on injured reserve, he gets to watch practices closely, listen in on meetings, talk to coaches, study schemes and just learn the game mentally - which is definitely what he needs. That's why it's so "lucky" that they can put him on that list if that's what happens.

Nice call. I.R. - Divens too. Good, b/c I see upside in both players (anyone remember Ian Williams, Alex Boone, etc.). This coaching staff loves to develop players properly.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice call. I.R. - Divens too. Good, b/c I see upside in both players (anyone remember Ian Williams, Alex Boone, etc.). This coaching staff loves to develop players properly.

Williams and Boone are great examples. I had no idea Williams could turn into such a solid NT, but he's been absolute nails at the position so far.
The smartest move they've made in the last 24 hours. No chance he will be poached.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalniner:
on a sprain?

no sprain. he banged his knee; like when you friend tripped you at school and you banged your knee and needed a band aid. he got an owie. mommy needs to kiss it and put him on ir.
Share 49ersWebzone