LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
He will stick around because he taught the team how to Doggie.

no homo?

Si homó
Originally posted by thl408:
I would think that it is easier to rush with his hand on the ground. Standing up helps with reading pass or run though.

*My experience in rushing the passer consists of counting alligators.

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
I would think that it is easier to rush with his hand on the ground. Standing up helps with reading pass or run though.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Had me rolling too!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
get this dude a plane ticket back to the UK. make it double, send Jenkins back with him.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
today, he looked like an high school freshman player playing his rookie season. i'm starting to wonder if he'll even get signed to the PS.
Did he even play tonight in KC?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Did he even play tonight in KC?

He played about 4 downs from what I could tell. He looked somewhat improved from last week but still struggles locating the ball. Physically he held his own. He never looked like he was shoved back or losing control. However, his burst off the line was SLOW, which could be explained with nerves. The game definitely appeared to be moving faster than him. I'd put him on the PS at this point... and thats being generous. If it wasnt for his potential he'd be a for sure cut.
Originally posted by mod:
He played about 4 downs from what I could tell. He looked somewhat improved from last week but still struggles locating the ball. Physically he held his own. He never looked like he was shoved back or losing control. However, his burst off the line was SLOW, which could be explained with nerves. The game definitely appeared to be moving faster than him. I'd put him on the PS at this point... and thats being generous. If it wasnt for his potential he'd be a for sure cut.

Did he push back against pressure? That would be a step forward.

Is he scrimmaging in practice, or mostly doing drills?
^^^ Not true at all.

He came in @ the 9:27 mark of the 4Q. He played RDE and only got 3 snaps. The first he drove his OT 7 yards and led to a knock-down pass for our #64. The next one he pushed his guy back 5 yards. The final play he pushed up 3 yards and slanted right with the play. He seemed to have much better leverage this game and force off the LOS and he certainly seemed to have his eyes on the ball. Sadly. after that, Daniels had the long TD drive and in the 2 minute defense, Fangio didn't have him out there. So even though he came in earlier, he only got one series.

we trade him to the Chiefs yet?
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Not true at all.

He came in @ the 9:27 mark of the 4Q. He played RDE and only got 3 snaps. The first he drove his OT 7 yards and led to a knock-down pass for our #64. The next one he pushed his guy back 5 yards. The final play he pushed up 3 yards and slanted right with the play. He seemed to have much better leverage this game and force off the LOS and he certainly seemed to have his eyes on the ball. Sadly. after that, Daniels had the long TD drive and in the 2 minute defense, Fangio didn't have him out there. So even though he came in earlier, he only got one series.

Okay, sounds exciting. We'll take a look later. Maybe a sea change from Broncos.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ Not true at all.

just because the OT moved back 7 yards doesnt mean he pushed him 7 yards... Part of playing pass protection is dropping back and controlling the situation. I never felt Okoye actually had any control. His overall speed and strength kept him from getting manhandled, but it just seemed like Divens and Jerod-Eddie had a more instinctive burst off the snap than Okoye did. That'll change has he gets more reps. It seems like he's thinking too much maybe.
Cut him already. Cute story but he is not a football player don't even want him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by mod:
just because the OT moved back 7 yards doesnt mean he pushed him 7 yards... Part of playing pass protection is dropping back and controlling the situation. I never felt Okoye actually had any control. His overall speed and strength kept him from getting manhandled, but it just seemed like Divens and Jerod-Eddie had a more instinctive burst off the snap than Okoye did. That'll change has he gets more reps. It seems like he's thinking too much maybe.

Watch the play. He not only pushed him back but timed his jump well along with #64 (the NT who did get credit for the knock down). Small sample size but I could see he was asked to "rush" more these snaps. He talked about that in an interview after the last game. But yeah, long way to go but not as bad" as some are saying...just very minimal chances. It will be fun to watch him play a full game and see if he gets better and better. Or gasses and flames out.
Share 49ersWebzone