There are 152 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Will sack and rupture the space time continuum...super bowl XLVII erased from history

LOL!
He so good, Patrick Willis made a thread of awesomeness on Okoye
Did he even get in the game?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Did he even get in the game?

no doesnt need to... dont wanna risk injury
The three plays I saw him in on, he seemed mad hesitant. He was always moving backwards.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.
he's way too high cut for d-line.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GSeef49er:
The three plays I saw him in on, he seemed mad hesitant. He was always moving backwards.

he played?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
49ers are making a big mistake not developing okoye as an offensive tackle. that is the body he has.

yeah i think it will go with what he and the 49ers think is best.

Never heard of 6'9" Ed "Too Tall" Jones huh?

Richard Seymour 6'6".

So he never got in a game. We haven't seen him play. But he is too big for D Line.....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Lawrence Okoye gets his own section, and will get further breakdown later. He came on for at least two snaps, making his professional football debut. On his first play, the Broncos doubled him and easily pushed him back. On the second play, the offensive lineman got push on him, but Dan Skuta got a sack as the quarterback rolled out. Nothing big, but it's cool to see him on the field.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/8/8/4604442/49ers-vs-broncos-recap-colin-kaepernick-corey-lemonier-ian-williams

Originally posted by mod:
he played?

Yeah. First play he was pushed back like he was a rag doll, double teamed, but still. Then when Skuta got the sack he was the one all fired up behind him.

High cut? Listen to yourself and then realize you're talking potato.
Has no awareness of where ball carrier was but that is to be expected.

If i had to guess i would say his goal for this game was be assignment sound and dont lose your gap. He got blown way off the line early like he was on roller skates but was not embarassing bad later on.

They tried cut blocking him and he dodged back then moved back up to hold his ground.

Biggest thing i noticed was his head on a swivel looking all around. Seemed lost in the chaos ha ha

FYI he entered game with approx 4 min remaining after a 3rd down conversion. Played right end
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Aug 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM ]
He was in on 3 or 4 plays.
Unfortunately they ran away from his side every time. The only chance he had to effect a play, he was double teamed and pushed back five yards. The running back could have easily cut back into his lane for 5+ yards but didn't.

He certainly looks athletic, and he certainly has achieved his goal, he is a bad football player.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He was in on 3 or 4 plays.
Unfortunately they ran away from his side every time. The only chance he had to effect a play, he was double teamed and pushed back five yards. The running back could have easily cut back into his lane for 5+ yards but didn't.

He certainly looks athletic, and he certainly has achieved his goal, he is a bad football player.

LOL he got his colors, I think he's gonna stick with us on the practice squad (definitely won't get picked up), and show huge progress by next year.
Share 49ersWebzone