LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 216 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan52:
Originally posted by KegBert:
For real doe. Dudes 6'6'' 284, he's gotta be one of the biggest if not the biggest dudes on the team.

310lbs

Google said 284 but he's probably added some weight in preparation for football. Either way, he's a big ass dude.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Oh please. Don't read into it. Obviously the guy is working hard and they threw him a bone. Right thing to do. Next on the agenda for Okoye: go to sleep, get up at 6 am and do it all over again.

It's a real positive that he's doing what's asked of him with no flinching, no ego. THAT is what may get him a spot on practice squad and maybe if there are injuries a few games on the 45. I honestly am impressed that a 21 year old with no big school experience would last this long in a difficult environment populated with bullies larger than he is.

It's not just the physical training that he's missed. It's the mental torture of being in a big school high pressure environment. But he's handling it very well.

What?

For real doe. Dudes 6'6'' 284, he's gotta be one of the biggest if not the biggest dudes on the team.

Size and weight is only half the battle... I've seen plenty of big guys get knocked on their ass by little guys who play with some attitude and leverage.

the fact that he hasnt given up yet is a positive sign, the fact that Tomsula and staff are putting in the extra time for him is a major plus
What?

68 Adam Snyder 6-6 325
76 Anthony Davis 6-5 323
59 Jonathan Goodwin 6-3 318
64 Luke Marquardt 6-8 315
74 Joe Staley 6-5 315
69 Kenny Wiggins 6-6 314
65 Al Netter 6-6 310

78 Lawrence Okoye 6-6 304

What what?
What?

68 Adam Snyder 6-6 325
76 Anthony Davis 6-5 323
59 Jonathan Goodwin 6-3 318
64 Luke Marquardt 6-8 315
74 Joe Staley 6-5 315
69 Kenny Wiggins 6-6 314
65 Al Netter 6-6 310

78 Lawrence Okoye 6-6 304

What what?

How do you leave Boone off this list?
[ Edited by 5280High on Aug 5, 2013 at 8:20 AM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
So any word on how the great experiment is going?
Originally posted by fropwns:
So any word on how the great experiment is going?

Larry says Hi!
Love his attitude, hopefully it stays that way after getting worked over in preseason. Ill be happy if he holds his own on 50% of the plays, hoping he has already committed 2 years in his head for this experiment and not just one offseason.
Originally posted by 5280High:

he is the little guy at 300.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/79234/alex-boone
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Does not look like a man adverse to contact.

remember how good kwame harris looked in a uniform?

No. Actually, I don't remember that at all. Harris never looked anything near tough to me.

Your source is incorrect. Boone is easily one of if not our largest linemen. Dude is a beast.

Your source is incorrect. Boone is easily one of if not our largest linemen. Dude is a beast.

The official niner website also has him at 300. Seems weird to me as well, but that's what is there.

http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Alex-Boone/1e003869-3bef-4d5c-9321-b2a2ca252e41

Says he had a great offseason eating clean and pumping Iron. Said he put on 10-15 pounds of muscle.

But if you drop 25 pounds of flab, and put on 15 lb muscle, you are still down 5 pounds.

Last I heard Boone was down to or close to 300 lbs and that's where the trainers want him. I'll see if I can find the story. Wasn't that long ago.

He is the tallest guy on the line and even one of the beat writers said Boone is pretty impressive looking even compared to Okoye.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
No, I can't say I ever saw a pic of Kwame that made me think "That right there is one tough S.O.B."

Nice try tho, can't wait till this guy makes doubters like you eat crow.

oh, I'm no doubter. i was early on the okoye bandwagon. i was just pointing out that just about all 300 lb nfl athletes with low body fat look great in a uniform--kwame being one of them. that was one of his selling points; he looked so athletic for an o-lineman because he wasn't fat.

see, he fooled ya
Originally posted by AmpLee:

But if you drop 25 pounds of flab, and put on 15 lb muscle, you are still down 5 pounds.

25 - 15 = 5

Share 49ersWebzone