Originally posted by Shanghai69er:
Originally posted by 190836:
What position? DL?

He has a long way to go but man its gonna be scary if he catches on

This...
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Never played football?

Nope
Not tryna' brag brahz... But I got more football experience than a guy who the niners just signed...

No big deal
6'5", 305, 4.8 40 and a 35" vertical?

Originally posted by Zachary:
Not tryna' brag brahz... But I got more football experience than a guy who the niners just signed...

No big deal

Madden doesnt count bruh
MICHAEL CARTER one of my all-time favorite 49ers
I am happy
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d82aed82d
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
I thought I read that he loves the game of football and knows it well... He just never played. His friends convinced him to go to the regional combine and he shined.

Another thing that i read was that he was saying that he is only 21 and never played football before and that is comparable to Ziggy Ansah who was 21 when he played for the first time and now 3 years later at age 24, Ziggy is a top 5 pick in the draft.

6'5" 308 4.78 40 time.... that is a freak...guess he played rugby, so maybe Tomsula can do something with him...
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
I thought I read that he loves the game of football and knows it well... He just never played. His friends convinced him to go to the regional combine and he shined.

Another thing that i read was that he was saying that he is only 21 and never played football before and that is comparable to Ziggy Ansah who was 21 when he played for the first time and now 3 years later at age 24, Ziggy is a top 5 pick in the draft.

Great ponts!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:

He also had a full ride scholarship to law school at Oxford but turned it down. So intelligent on top of being an athletic freak.
When you think about his ceiling, think about J.J. Watt. He had similar freakish measurables. If Okoye learns how to play -- and he'll have arguably the best DL coach in the NFL, I believe that could be his ceiling.
Serious question because I'm ignorant when it comes to the mechanics and timing of 90-man rosters, 53-man rosters. practice squad eligibility, blah blah blah:

Is there anything that can jeopardize our long-term hold on this guy? Any way teams can steal him? My thinking: Even if it takes him 2-3 years to "learn" football, he would still be a 24 year old freak of nature. We should do literally whatever is necessary to coach this kid up. Hell, send him to an SEC school for two years while maintaining his rights. Is he NCAA-eligible??
Share 49ersWebzone