LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by xcfan:
in year two preseason, he actually had flashes of being a football player. it was eye-opening, compared to last year when he played like a rookie 5th grader.

problem is--his body is 100% offensive tackle.

Him and Tank seemed like they got good push in there pass rush but we're easily displaced by run blockers.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by WINiner:
This guy is in year two of any and all American football training and good enough to warrant a spot on the practice squad of an NFL team. HTF could anyone expect more? I mean really?

Ooh, ooh, I know!!

Entitlement?

They never played football themselves?

They have unrealistic expectations of others to take their attention away from what a disappointment their own lives have been?

They "called it" that he wouldn't make it (doubt is always the safe bet), and want to claim how right they are?

Did I win?

Ding ding ding ding winner!
Originally posted by kezarvet49:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yes I already read news before about Okoye played from Rugby. You know? Football is more tough and power than Rugby. I want to see Okoye show us for real about success or failed then because he need moneys . He got injured. He can't used about football because he didn't playing a football.

Obviously, besides skipping English class, you have never seen or played rugby. It is a great sport and requires all the physical tools of football. Plus, no helmets, no pads, just hard hits.

Haha.. Well. I just saw already from ESPN played rugby games about two years ago. They seem played ok and hit is seem ok. Wanna bet me if Okoye will get injured again at practice or preseason in next year?! Wanna bet??
Originally posted by Rascal:
He has been a complete waste of time.
A complete waste of time for who exactly?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
This guy is in year two of any and all American football training and good enough to warrant a spot on the practice squad of an NFL team. HTF could anyone expect more? I mean really?

Ooh, ooh, I know!!

Entitlement?

They never played football themselves?

They have unrealistic expectations of others to take their attention away from what a disappointment their own lives have been?

They "called it" that he wouldn't make it (doubt is always the safe bet), and want to claim how right they are?

Did I win?

Ding ding ding ding winner!

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Him and Tank seemed like they got good push in there pass rush but we're easily displaced by run blockers.

gotta have loose hips with plenty of available torque.
Originally posted by Rascal:
He has been a complete waste of time.

We've paid him peanuts to learn the game. His ceiling is very high, and the risk is very minimal...

Considering he sat on IR last season, and the PS this season, he isn't wasting anybody's money, time, or spot on the roster.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Kind of disappointed that Okoye has yet to make an impact. I know he's new to the game and all, but damn how hard can it be to transition from rugby to football? I hope to see him get some playing time next year
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Kind of disappointed that Okoye has yet to make an impact. I know he's new to the game and all, but damn how hard can it be to transition from rugby to football? I hope to see him get some playing time next year

No not really. Hes a 2 - 4 year project. Hes on schedule.

I would like to try him at another position before giving up on him. He has good measurables for a tight end, maybe try him there.
This thread is more evidence that people know very little about pro football. I seem to remember a guy by the name of Brock Lesnar, who played HS football, and was invited to the Minnesota Vikings camp. Fantastic athlete, but he didn't make it either. How on earth people expect a guy who never played the game of football in his life to make an impact or even make the 53-man roster is beyond me.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This thread is more evidence that people know very little about pro football. I seem to remember a guy by the name of Brock Lesnar, who played HS football, and was invited to the Minnesota Vikings camp. Fantastic athlete, but he didn't make it either. How on earth people expect a guy who never played the game of football in his life to make an impact or even make the 53-man roster is beyond me.

People have no flipping clue what it takes to be in the NFL. The NFL has the best athletes of any professional sports league. These are guys who with minimal training could likely transition to and prosper in at least 1 other professional sport, and possibly several in some cases, but people from those other sports are unlikely able to transition to the NFL. Least that's my opinion.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

my god, lifelong committed a cardinal act of sin,, he questioned the awesomeness of okoye. maybe we can slap the franchise tag on him ?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Anybody who expected this dude to be anything in the first two years is sippin' coolaid

Odds are against him, it will take an incredible amount of work to make it on the roster... Hopefully he does but he's a long shot
Share 49ersWebzone