Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye 1mJust resigned to the practice squad - let's keep this ish moving

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179364-niners-2014-practice-squad-players/page3/#KuvxLueof6Zrzlxy.99

cciowa...haters...be true to your word now!

One of the last one's cut and the first one signed.
like i said,,, had ray not got arrested, this never would have happened. but he is still on the team and hope he improves because that is good for the team. but he got lucky due to ray

You just can't do it can you? LOL. We still love you iowa!
i support him,, better be lucky than good i guess ,, oh i mean for lawrence i guess the niners did figure out a way to stash him on the practice team,, of course it is to bad it had to involve getting a pregnant woman beat up but whatever it takes i guess for the awesomeness of lawrence

Your assuming that Okoye was kept simply because RayMac got in trouble. If you keep operating under this assumption, you will never make a logically coherent argument. The two events, RayMac beat a woman, and Okoye made the practice squad, are not mutually exclusive. Further, Okoye isn't the only lineman in the entire NFL who was cut and eligible for the PS. Kind of pathetic to make up a scenario in order to avoid admitting to being wrong.

Exactly. One of the last one's cut and the first one signed...to the PS...not the "active roster" where he would replace RayMac. Besides, RayMac wouldn't get suspended for a long long time...most likely, next year.
nc i think you know i was being a little sarcastic in my theory about why they kept lawrence,, amp does not get my sense of humor. you guys want me to be serious,, ok,, there is a 10 per cent part of me that actually thinks rays arrest helped lawrence get a spot on the roster. there i am serious. remember earlier in this thread some guys said the team was working on a plan to stash him on the roster? I just was making what i thought was a good humored poke at that but my "theory",, of which about 10 per cent of me agrees with. i just think its kind of pathetic we can not have some fun around here without someone getting all worked up. and by the way amp,, check my history,,, i admit when i am wrong all the time. stop being so thin skinnned

I getcha buddy. I getcha!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think if Okoye continues on his development trajectory, he can replace RayMac temporarily (with other veteran D Linemen in a situation substitution scenario) for 6 games next year.
no offense against lawrence ( and i am serious since i now have to tell people when i am joshing) but if ray gets cut I agree with your part of the statement when you said, other vet defensive lineman. i do not think lawrence is quite ready for that ,, he needs more practice and get the ankle 100 per cent.. now the other part of me says if you have that question in front of you whether we should suspend ray for 6 games and cut him, i say cut him but thats a whole other story for a whole other thread
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

it was actually about 2 per cent of me believes it but than it would not be any fun really seriously,, it was very good of him to try to play on a high ankle sprain when that stuff keeps you out for 6 plus weeks. so the team i think saw his commitment and rewarded him.... now see i was serious amp and that is no f**king fun
You guys are drunk. Okoye will take snaps with the active roster this season. He will do ok. I think it's a big risk to put him through waivers while we have people on the roster who simply won't help us that much.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by kwest49er:
I don't think he showed enough to make a 53. Here's to a year on the practice squad!

Darn! I was pulling for him. Hope he makes the practice squad.

He will.
why? when i ask people what he has done to make anyone think he deserved a place on the roster or on the practice team all i get is

he is a nice story
he has potential
he is a specimen

ok

He has shown an amazing amount of progression in one year of almost all mental reps. If he can make a similar leap in year 2 as he did in year one he will be on the 53 in 15.
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye 1mJust resigned to the practice squad - let's keep this ish moving

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179364-niners-2014-practice-squad-players/page3/#KuvxLueof6Zrzlxy.99

like i said,,, had ray not got arrested, this never would have happened. but he is still on the team and hope he improves because that is good for the team. but he got lucky due to ray

You just can't do it can you? LOL. We still love you iowa!
i support him,, better be lucky than good i guess ,, oh i mean for lawrence i guess the niners did figure out a way to stash him on the practice team,, of course it is to bad it had to involve getting a pregnant woman beat up but whatever it takes i guess for the awesomeness of lawrence

Dude Cmon. A starter beating his woman has nothing to do with a guy who is practice team material getting signed. He was going to be signed to the ps long before Ray decided he was a moron and a f**k up in life.

BS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

it was actually about 2 per cent of me believes it but than it would not be any fun really seriously,, it was very good of him to try to play on a high ankle sprain when that stuff keeps you out for 6 plus weeks. so the team i think saw his commitment and rewarded him.... now see i was serious amp and that is no f**king fun

No, I just realize there's part of you that believes in what you are joking about. It's that 10% I was commenting on.
its more like five per cent closer to three per cent,, but then it would not be any fun. sorry if i was harsh on you bud!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
You guys are drunk. Okoye will take snaps with the active roster this season. He will do ok. I think it's a big risk to put him through waivers while we have people on the roster who simply won't help us that much.

i do not think he will be on the active roster,,, if he is,, that means we have a whole bunch of guys hurt, drunk, suspended, dead whatever

i do not think he will be on the active roster,,, if he is,, that means we have a whole bunch of guys hurt, drunk, suspended, dead whatever
Your brain must be hurting with all these mental gymnastics. Admit your mistake and move on.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

BS
no one has a sense of humor today, can not blame them with the news of ray but sheesh. by the way about 3 per cent of me believes that . i am always up for a good conspiracy... you guys do know that there is a picture of the mothman flying around the twin towers before sept 11th and satans face can be seen in a picture of the twin towers going down
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:

Your brain must be hurting with all these mental gymnastics. Admit your mistake and move on.
i can not because i am still recovering about being wrong about david boston, giving erickson a second year with his own coaches, marlon moore, eric wright,alfanso smith, winston, jon baldwin. however i am dead serious that i do not think lawrence will see the active roster on game day. to much of a work in progress but am glad he will get a ton of reps and practice in
YAY another year of Webzone Okoye Madness!
I like that we kept him. I think he improved from year 1 to year 2 with only watching tape. I think 1 solid year on the practice squad will do him good. I hope he improves and I can't wait to see him next year.
Who knows, depending on the outcome of RayMac's legal and league issues, he could be promoted to the 53 this year.

And no, there is no correlation between his spot on the PS and RayMacs issues...
Share 49ersWebzone