There are 151 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kwest49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Lots of a-holes in here. The guy was one of the final cuts on a Championship-caliber team that is the deepest roster that I can remember. Let's hope he makes it to the PS and he wants to give it a go one more year. That ankle injury really blew his momentum in game 1.

Agreed. He's had what, a combined 3 months of padded practice? If that. Let this kid work all season and then we'll see what's what.

He was with us last year during TC as well...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Okoye might get a chance to get back on the team at this rate lololol
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Lots of a-holes in here. The guy was one of the final cuts on a Championship-caliber team that is the deepest roster that I can remember. Let's hope he makes it to the PS and he wants to give it a go one more year. That ankle injury really blew his momentum in game 1.

Agreed. He's had what, a combined 3 months of padded practice? If that. Let this kid work all season and then we'll see what's what.

No, he was put on I.R. for the year so he could still be on the team...could study, use the facilities but not practice with the team.
Dial has a chance to be even better anyhow.

No, he was put on I.R. for the year so he could still be on the team...could study, use the facilities but not practice with the team.

He got injured and was put on IR after the third preseason game last year. He took part in the majority of TC 2013.
2015 is his year. I'm expecting him to be able to really perform and catch on next season as a rotational player.
He got injured and was put on IR after the third preseason game last year. He took part in the majority of TC 2013.

True but it was his first NFL experience...ever. Coaches liked his potential and committment and had him fake an injury. One year on the PS may just what he needs. He made huge srides in that first game...injury hurt his chances big time.
2015 is his year. I'm expecting him to be able to really perform and catch on next season as a rotational player.
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye 1mJust resigned to the practice squad - let's keep this ish moving

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179364-niners-2014-practice-squad-players/page3/#KuvxLueof6Zrzlxy.99

cciowa...haters...be true to your word now!

One of the last one's cut and the first one signed.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Lawrence Okoye ‏@Okoye 1mJust resigned to the practice squad - let's keep this ish moving

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/179364-niners-2014-practice-squad-players/page3/#KuvxLueof6Zrzlxy.99

like i said,,, had ray not got arrested, this never would have happened. but he is still on the team and hope he improves because that is good for the team. but he got lucky due to ray

Originally posted by cciowa:

like i said,,, had ray not got arrested, this never would have happened. but he is still on the team and hope he improves because that is good for the team. but he got lucky due to ray

You just can't do it can you? LOL. We still love you iowa!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i support him,, better be lucky than good i guess ,, oh i mean for lawrence i guess the niners did figure out a way to stash him on the practice team,, of course it is to bad it had to involve getting a pregnant woman beat up but whatever it takes i guess for the awesomeness of lawrence
Originally posted by AmpLee:

i support him,, better be lucky than good i guess ,, oh i mean for lawrence i guess the niners did figure out a way to stash him on the practice team,, of course it is to bad it had to involve getting a pregnant woman beat up but whatever it takes i guess for the awesomeness of lawrence

Your assuming that Okoye was kept simply because RayMac got in trouble. If you keep operating under this assumption, you will never make a logically coherent argument. The two events, RayMac beat a woman, and Okoye made the practice squad, are not mutually exclusive. Further, Okoye isn't the only lineman in the entire NFL who was cut and eligible for the PS. Kind of pathetic to make up a scenario in order to avoid admitting to being wrong.

Exactly. One of the last one's cut and the first one signed...to the PS...not the "active roster" where he would replace RayMac. Besides, RayMac wouldn't get suspended for a long long time...most likely, next year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Your assuming that Okoye was kept simply because RayMac got in trouble. If you keep operating under this assumption, you will never make a logically coherent argument. The two events, RayMac beat a woman, and Okoye made the practice squad, are not mutually exclusive. Further, Okoye isn't the only lineman in the entire NFL who was cut and eligible for the PS. Kind of pathetic to make up a scenario in order to avoid admitting to being wrong.

Exactly. One of the last one's cut and the first one signed...to the PS...not the "active roster" where he would replace RayMac. Besides, RayMac wouldn't get suspended for a long long time...most likely, next year.
nc i think you know i was being a little sarcastic in my theory about why they kept lawrence,, amp does not get my sense of humor. you guys want me to be serious,, ok,, there is a 10 per cent part of me that actually thinks rays arrest helped lawrence get a spot on the roster. there i am serious. remember earlier in this thread some guys said the team was working on a plan to stash him on the roster? I just was making what i thought was a good humored poke at that but my "theory",, of which about 10 per cent of me agrees with. i just think its kind of pathetic we can not have some fun around here without someone getting all worked up. and by the way amp,, check my history,,, i admit when i am wrong all the time. stop being so thin skinnned
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think if Okoye continues on his development trajectory, he can replace RayMac temporarily (with other veteran D Linemen in a situation substitution scenario) for 6 games next year.
Share 49ersWebzone