Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by jimrat:
How bad is this guy hurt? Looked pretty good today

Yeah IIRC he got pinched inside the first snap and then had good containment the rest of the way and even collapse the pocket that lead to a sack. And then that "mystery" injury. Is this another one to keep him on the team or a legit injury?

PS: Aside from Tank and Dial this DL looked horrible.

He looked wierd when he got injured. Stepped forward and immediately grabbed his ankle

First thing I thought was achilles. But I guess not. It looked like another ghost injury?
That was play after actual injury.

Yeah, he went down hard. I thought it was another knee injury, but it was an ankle.

X-rays are negative

I'm just worried about ankle injuries in general. Ian's injury resulted in 4 operations. But I'll take negative X - rays over positive ones anyday.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
okoye probably has an high-ankle sprain. another dude fell into the side of his ankle, spraining it. okoye stayed in the game because he probably didn't know what an high ankle sprain is, and he didn't really feel it in all its horror until he tried to apply explosive force to the ankle on the next play--then ZOWIE! hurts like a mf.
he's going on IR. too bad; he was playing much better than last year.
With that 98 he rocks and those long arms he reminds me of the "Elaphent"
Yeah maybe another year would do the trick. Won't be holding my breath tho. His Bull rush looks legit and the effort is there but I don't see him as anywhere close to starting or even cracking the 53
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by xcfan:
okoye probably has an high-ankle sprain. another dude fell into the side of his ankle, spraining it. okoye stayed in the game because he probably didn't know what an high ankle sprain is, and he didn't really feel it in all its horror until he tried to apply explosive force to the ankle on the next play--then ZOWIE! hurts like a mf.
he's going on IR. too bad; he was playing much better than last year.

I hope he can play this year. When he was in, the defense made plays, when he wasn't - the defense looked average.
I felt like he got pushed around quite a bit. Had good explosion, but didn't seem to finish plays. Well, it was a good story in the meantime.
Is this guy ok? What was his injury?

He is a lot better than last year. He has a bull rush now and his size and strength shows up sometimes. He still plays high sometimes and is super raw. But IMO the improvement from last year is dramatic. Granted you are going from absolute zero last year. To some functional ability this year.
Some of you guys are trippin, saying he was absolutely terrible. He's about 100 times better than he was last year. His bull rush is already really good, just needs to work on a lot of other things, but it'll come. He needs works on diagnosing plays, staying low, and holding the point of attack on run D. He's already come a hell of a long way, since not even knowing how to put on a helmet last year. I don't know what more you guys were expecting from a project like him. We'll still try and stash him on the Practice Squad, IR somehow, or he could even make the team as a special teamer, strictly pass rush situations, or emergency Dline depth.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I felt like he got pushed around quite a bit. Had good explosion, but didn't seem to finish plays. Well, it was a good story in the meantime.

Pretty much. Thus why the guy was a project to begin with. PPl are just hype about his size and speed so that makes them pull for the guy. He's just so raw
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Some of you guys are trippin, saying he was absolutely terrible. He's about 100 times better than he was last year. His bull rush is already really good, just needs to work on a lot of other things, but it'll come. He needs works on diagnosing plays, staying low, and holding the point of attack on run D. He's already come a hell of a long way, since not even knowing how to put on a helmet last year. I don't know what more you guys were expecting from a project like him. We'll still try and stash him on the Practice Squad, IR somehow, or he could even make the team as a special teamer, strictly pass rush situations, or emergency Dline depth.

I agree he was dramatically better than last year. I actually believe he may be able to play now. He was a joke last year. I thought it was like a publicity stunt. But he is very powerful, quick, long and athletic. Sometimes he is very effective on a bull rush despite being so raw. They just can't handle his size and power. Honestly based on last year I thought he could never play. This year I think maybe. Obviously he needs tons of improvement and experience but wouldn't you expect that with a guy so raw? The fact that he shows signs of dramatic improvement in 1 season is a big deal. He never played football before.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
lol at people who are gushing over trying to make a place for him while they push looney and gore out the door
Seems to me we're wasting our time schooling this dude up on football . He most likely will be on another rooster and that team will benefit from our time and effort training his raw a$$
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by cciowa:
lol at people who are gushing over trying to make a place for him while they push looney and gore out the door

Now you're just making stuff up. Pretty sure if he showed he deserves to be on this team, it would be a guy like Dobbs that would be pushed off the team. You're linking two things that have nothing to do with one another.
amp loves to pick my posts apart. I am honored! i am dramatic and i make stuff up. I used to be so confused about myself until amp cleared things up for me hey do not yell at me, I am just reporting facts based upon multiple posts in multiple threads on the day after spazz out of the web zone following one worthless pre season game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Seems to me we're wasting our time schooling this dude up on football . He most likely will be on another rooster and that team will benefit from our time and effort training his raw a$$

oh my lord, now you have invoked the wrath of the okoye kool aid drinkers. that may be a tad "dramatic" but now you are going to be targeted if we cut him, i also doubt any top tier team would pick him up
He was a lot better than I expected him to be at this point. His strength is off the scale. It seemed to me that the only times he got pushed back was when he lost concentration and let himself get to high losing leverage. His bull rush was ridiculous. He's at a point now where I think it would be dangerous to try to put him on the PS - because this is only his second year playing the game and he already makes plays.
Share 49ersWebzone