LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Have to admit I cannot wait to see what the kid has learned. Is he just butt ugly strong, or does he have some finesse, some moves. If so, this should be a show. If it is just brute strength, no technique...well, it will be disappointing. I don't see him being tutored another yr and not make a contribution...no matter how strong. What do I expect? I expect to be thoroughly entertained.

Heh. I'd like to see him stack up the opposing offense. If he's strong enough to take on double teams and basically be a Ted Washington and be unmovable, I think that helps him make the team big time. yeah he's not well versed in reading defenses and does lose track of the ball carrier and so on, but just clogging up the run lanes on run downs is a major plus on this defense in my opinion.
2 sacks, 1 returned for a TD, a blocked FG, and 2 ST tackles...
Lets compare...

How does Okoye look like any sort of NT again? Look at the dudes body ratio... he's 3/4 leg. He looks ideal to be spring loaded against a tackle but built completely opposite of a NT with low centers of gravity.
Some people here are just crazy. Let's play him where he's been trained. Stick with the plan. Stop with pie in sky.

We need an NT. Let's get one if we don't have the dudes on the roster now to man it by committee.
Dream scenario: he makes the team or PS (1 year of physical practice), then after the super bowl dubleya and Cowboy's ride into the sunset, him on one side and Tank on the other... the POWERRR
The British bulldozer
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
How bad is this guy hurt? Looked pretty good today
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/71479-lawrence-okoye-injured-against-ravens/

Yeah IIRC he got pinched inside the first snap and then had good containment the rest of the way and even collapse the pocket that lead to a sack. And then that "mystery" injury. Is this another one to keep him on the team or a legit injury?

PS: Aside from Tank and Dial this DL looked horrible.
Mr. Glass

Originally posted by Team49ers:
The British bulldozer

Nice.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yeah IIRC he got pinched inside the first snap and then had good containment the rest of the way and even collapse the pocket that lead to a sack. And then that "mystery" injury. Is this another one to keep him on the team or a legit injury?

He looked wierd when he got injured. Stepped forward and immediately grabbed his ankle

Haha you can create conspiracy theories out of anything. Another 49er lineman undercut him extremely awkwardly . completely legit injury.
Originally posted by WINiner:

He looked wierd when he got injured. Stepped forward and immediately grabbed his ankle

First thing I thought was achilles. But I guess not. It looked like another ghost injury?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Kevin Lynch ‏@klynch49

Harbaugh had no update on WR Chuck Jacobs' knee injury. Said Lawrence Okoye said his X-rays were negative.
Share 49ersWebzone