• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
my lord i will look for the mushroom cloud over this thread when we cut him

Stop being so dramatic. Most of us are simply intrigued with the guy's story and are rooting for him to succeed.
This
ok, when he does get cut and this place goes nuclear i will remind some of you about being "dramatic" . if he makes it, i got no problem saying i was wrong but lets see him against someone other than a team mate or a tackling dummy
Yeah, because we know his team mates are taking it easy on him so that's not a good point of reference to judge his progress. After all, it's not like they need to look good in practice, right?

Jonathan Martin might be trying his best and that is proving the case of "not saying much"... actually, a "tackling dummy" might be more of a challenge
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Wait, power of the tingly mayo penis? What's his stance on this? B/c if his penis approves, you KNOW Okoye is on the fast track to the HOF. Period. LOL

i am not a hater,, if he makes the team that means he earned it and was better than someone else which is good for our team. however if he does not make it,, i am not going to be losing sleep over the fact another team like seattle may pick him up.

Your message is great, your timing is poor. Let the fans get excited about a player who clearly is working his butt off and in the perfect environment to succeed...the dude isn't getting press b/c he's British right now. He's getting press b/c he pancaked one backup guard and one NFL experienced tackle and gave Staley all he could handle. When was the last time we heard that about RayMac, Dobbs or TJE...heck, even Justin? Nobody is rushing to put him in the HOF but the reports are encouraging and we're all excited to see how he has progressed personally. We all recognize he's a long shot but that's why we love 'merica...sometimes those long shots come through, even in Iowa!

I agree. Sometimes long shots do come through.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"sometimes those long shots come through, even in Iowa!

http://www.nfl.com/player/rickystanzi/2495233/profile

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Nigerian Nightmare Pt ll bout to get real
Move him to safety
Do you think the Dorsey injury opens up the window for LO to get on the 53?

I think even if he only plays special teams this year, a year of physical practice within the organization would go a long way toward his progression. I just don't see a team like Jax, who is actively trying to build their brand in London, not scooping him off waivers.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Move him to safety

but we already got HOF Dahl and Ventrone holding it down... he can try longsnapper
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kwest49er:
Do you think the Dorsey injury opens up the window for LO to get on the 53?

I think even if he only plays special teams this year, a year of physical practice within the organization would go a long way toward his progression. I just don't see a team like Jax, who is actively trying to build their brand in London, not scooping him off waivers.

Maybe. The Williams setback, Hunter injury and Dorsey will free up space, but for whom, I dunno.

Okoye gotta shine (at least a little) on Dline in preseason to secure a spot.
I'm a little surprised that with his power they didn't try using his big body to clog the middle initially at DT. Maybe DT is more difficult to pick up than end?
I'm a little surprised that with his power they didn't try using his big body to clog the middle initially at DT. Maybe DT is more difficult to pick up than end?

In a 3-4 a DE has a lot of DT assignments.

Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I can see either Tank or Justin moving into the middle in some sets, and that may free up a spot for Okoye.

It should be interesting to see how Fangio compensates for the loss of Dorsey.
I'd like to see him get a shot in exhibition games.
Originally posted by LVJay:

Okay try that again. He's from England and someone on the team already nicknamed him "Big London". He's not from Africa but I guess you could call him an African-Britain.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by LVJay:

Okay try that again. He's from England and someone on the team already nicknamed him "Big London". He's not from Africa but I guess you could call him an African-Britain.

nice, or how about the Oxford nightmare. Heh. I guess not.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:

I can see either Tank or Justin moving into the middle in some sets, and that may free up a spot for Okoye.

It should be interesting to see how Fangio compensates for the loss of Dorsey.

Me to. I know he'd probably get involved in goal line situations. I think Okoye could play the NT/DT if we get really depleted. Athletically, I think he can be a big tree stump on run downs.
Share 49ersWebzone