There are 282 users in the forums

Lawrence Okoye Thread of Epic Awesomeness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's the thing I like the most...this dude clearly wants this and has put in the hours and details. Now it's starting to show. Let's hope he becomes a beast for us in the near future and continues to grow and develop...make this coaching staff gringe at the thought of losing you!

Not to mention, but it could end up being a mistake we'd regret (might even bite us in the ass) if a rival team somehow picks him up....

Not gonna happen. Okoye will be a Niner. At this point, and as I have said previously, it is still early but Okoye seems to have amazing progress. He is man handling fools off almost 100% mental reps. I find it amazing honestly and I am rooting hard for this guy. I think Okoye is gonna be a player, and something that most the nfl doesn't have on their roster but the Niners will.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Your post brings perspective. We've made the investment in this athlete we may as well see this project through and not let someone else benefit
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Finding a spot on special teams will really help his chances. Can't wait to watch him this preseason. I think he'll get a lot more reps this year.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I really hope so because I am excited as well. From the moment I learned of this guy I have been rooting for him. The one aspect of the game I was worried about was the contact, but he has stated in a recent article the contact is one of his favorite parts of the game. He loves to prove himself physically against another athlete. It's a power trip for him that he gets off on, which bodes well for his continued progression.
Originally posted by THEB:
imagine putting Okoye in on goal line situations and having him manhandle the whole pile lol
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
They are not going to be able to hide him, so it is the IR or he is on the roster.

I ain't gonna argue, man, I'm out numbered

But really doe. I hope we keep this cat and use him on a couple positions. He seems like a quick learner and 100% focused on just football. I get the feeling that coaches are encouraging him to get things down faster (he's only got till around end of preseason to determine where he stands, IMO).....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
my lord i will look for the mushroom cloud over this thread when we cut him
Originally posted by cciowa:

kory sheets says take cover yall
Originally posted by RonMexico:
They are not going to be able to hide him, so it is the IR or he is on the roster.

i guess you think people are just chomping at the bits to get this guy, when he has proven not one thing,, aside from the fact he works hard. lol at how much people over value some players around here. he is a nice story, he works hard, he is a hulking strong man, other than that what has he done to make you think he is better than any of the other d line guys we have on the roster

seriously, wtf is with some of these posts lol

Seriously, you think he would not be taken before he made the PS? Lots of other teams with less talent that will give him a shot, guaranteed. I am not saying he will make this team, or that he should. Just saying he will not be on our PS. BTW, lol @ Ron Mexico It makes me laugh hard every time I read it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:

cutting him will make cutting nate davis and korey sheets seem like a restrained tea time luncheon around here

i guess you think people are just chomping at the bits to get this guy, when he has proven not one thing,, aside from the fact he works hard. lol at how much people over value some players around here. he is a nice story, he works hard, he is a hulking strong man, other than that what has he done to make you think he is better than any of the other d line guys we have on the roster

Seriously, you think he would not be taken before he made the PS? Lots of other teams with less talent that will give him a shot, guaranteed. I am not saying he will make this team, or that he should. Just saying he will not be on our PS. BTW, lol @ Ron Mexico It makes me laugh hard every time I read it.

I dunno man, I don't think other teams even know who he is. I could be dead wrong though

cutting him will make cutting nate davis and korey sheets seem like a restrained tea time luncheon around here

PVM rof sivaD etaN 4 life b***hes!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I dunno man, I don't think other teams even know who he is. I could be dead wrong though
ron,, i do not think you are wrong
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

They know him, matey, they know him... ever hear of the London Shaguars....
Okoye is a huge project. We'll see how he performs this pre-season, but it's hard to believe a guy with 1 year of football experience is legitimately good enough to be part of a 53-man roster. Obviously he has the physical talent, but the technique of playing 3-4 DE is what matters most.

I think we could safely stash on him our PS for one more season. Tomsula can continue to work his magic, and maybe he'll seriously compete for a spot in 2015. This year's d-line is insanely deep. Hard to see Okoye in the top 6 or 7 among that group.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM ]

I don't think anyone will pick him up as there is NO FILM on him anywhere other than athletics meets. I'll be sad if someone does though. Sounds like he's made huge strides this year. We should give him as little exposure as we can if we want him around for another year. So much depth on the D Line.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

just give me some shrooms so i can trip
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AUniner:
I don't think anyone will pick him up as there is NO FILM on him anywhere other than athletics meets. I'll be sad if someone does though. Sounds like he's made huge strides this year. We should give him as little exposure as we can if we want him around for another year. So much depth on the D Line.

I think even FO needs to see what he can do against other teams, especially second/third preseason games when players (1st and 2nds) get more snaps. There will be enough film on him by then.
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 28, 2014 at 7:56 PM ]
I don't think it's out of the question to think he could contribute on ST, sounds like is bullrush is pretty solid, and I love the fact that he is roommates with tank. I can't wait to see them both in preseason
I don't think it's out of the question to think he could contribute on ST, sounds like is bullrush is pretty solid, and I love the fact that he is roommates with tank. I can't wait to see them both in preseason
Share 49ersWebzone