There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Marcus Cooper was a Niner

Check this video out, Kid might be a steal

so whats the downside with Cooper?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
so whats the downside with Cooper?

There are some unknowns with his football playing ability.
From that video his tackling looks solid. Gets below shoulder pads, keeps head up, wraps up and drives through the player.
Originally posted by kronik:

Good stuff. He's a big guy who's not afraid to mix it up in run support. They didn't really show any highlights of him in coverage though. Might be why he's a 7th rounder lol.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Good stuff. He's a big guy who's not afraid to mix it up in run support. They didn't really show any highlights of him in coverage though. Might be why he's a 7th rounder lol.

Similar size to Dick Sherman... and he's much more athletic and stronger. He could be an All Pro easy, if the refs let him hold every play
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Similar size to Dick Sherman... and he's much more athletic and stronger. He could be an All Pro easy, if the refs let him hold every play

true dat.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think he had an issue with the coaches and didn't get much playing time. When he did, he played well:

The 49ers completed their 11-man draft class by selecting their first cornerback, Rutgers product Marcus Cooper.

Taken in the seventh round and 252nd overall, Cooper was disappointed with his lack of playing time in college and thankful for the 49ers' interest.

"I like to think of myself as a physical corner," said Cooper, who's listed at 6-foot-2, 192 pounds. "I take that size and athletic ability and use it to my advantage."

Cooper was a freshman at Rutgers in 2009, which marked tackle Anthony Davis' final season there before the 49ers' took him in the first round of the 2010 draft. Cooper ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds at Rutgers' pro day.

Overall, the 49ers drafted six players on defense and five on offense, and none went to college west of Rice University in Houston, Texas.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I ain't even excited!
I think he had an issue with the coaches and didn't get much playing time. When he did, he played well:

The 49ers completed their 11-man draft class by selecting their first cornerback, Rutgers product Marcus Cooper.

Taken in the seventh round and 252nd overall, Cooper was disappointed with his lack of playing time in college and thankful for the 49ers' interest.

"I like to think of myself as a physical corner," said Cooper, who's listed at 6-foot-2, 192 pounds. "I take that size and athletic ability and use it to my advantage."

Cooper was a freshman at Rutgers in 2009, which marked tackle Anthony Davis' final season there before the 49ers' took him in the first round of the 2010 draft. Cooper ran the 40-yard dash in 4.45 seconds at Rutgers' pro day.

Overall, the 49ers drafted six players on defense and five on offense, and none went to college west of Rice University in Houston, Texas.

Hopefully he keeps his head on straight because this a great opportunity for him. The physical talent seems to be there. Made some plays on special teams too.
Complete flyer but Could be a special teams stand out.

Nice video. Much raw material for our coaching staff to work with during the season with him on practice squad. Great measurables without much experience and still learning on defense. Hopefully he stays with it and works hard because we are gonna need corners next year and he will have had experience by being here already.
@AnthonyDavis76
..ohhh s**t, that's me. lol http://instagram.com/p/YguL_wAwaO/ ;
Coop!
lol, half the f**kers we drafted won't even make the team.

there's something about this dude though. he's got that "it" factor it seems.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM ]