LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sweetDwilly:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dude is a BEAST! I'm a believer now, I know he played against 3rd or 4th stringers but still he looks like a starter out there.

I'm still much more comfortable with BJ than I am McCoy at this point. McCoy just seems like a shell of his former self, and thats sad considering he wasn't much to begin with..

The guy is damaged goods.
Man. This dude has a straight up cannon for an arm. I'm not sure how strong it is related to Kaepernicks arm but it doesn't seem far off
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Seacawks must be livid, we've got a Russel Wilson clone backing up Kaep...
Guy looks like a veteran out there. Not trying to turn this into an Alex thread but I think I can count on one hand the number of times Alex pump faked in his time here. BJ Daniels pump faking on the run is a vet move. Same with the play where he pump faked, the defender leaped at him in the backfield and then he took off running. He has a great arm, he shows great touch and made 2 TD throws to Jacobs that I have never seen Tolzien do. Those are vet throws... Some call it a Nate Davis or Tolzien crush but he's shown me more than those guys ever have. Think we have something with him. Not only that he can pick up big yards on the ground and can run read option. Seems like he has it mentally as well and could be a leader. I remember seeing him a few times at USF and liking him but for some reason didn't give him much of a chance to make the roster. I just figured Tolzien would step up and McCoy would be a good solid game manager and there just wouldn't be room for him.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 31, 2013 at 11:27 AM ]
He'd be starting for buffalo or th jets right now
Yes!!!
I actually feel a lot better about the backup QB situation because of him, even if he is #3.

Great poise, great touch, accurate in pocket and on the run, great command of offense and it's all about moving the chains with this guy. He really is like a poor man's Russell Wilson and I'll even go as far as saying that this guy would've been the #1 starter for the Raiders. I know that's not saying much but he, like Russell, would've beat Flynn as the starter.
Originally posted by Buchy:

with better qb coaches
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
I actually feel a lot better about the backup QB situation because of him, even if he is #3.

Great poise, great touch, accurate in pocket and on the run, great command of offense and it's all about moving the chains with this guy. He really is like a poor man's Russell Wilson and I'll even go as far as saying that this guy would've been the #1 starter for the Raiders. I know that's not saying much but he, like Russell, would've beat Flynn as the starter.
I like everything you said excpet for "poor man's Russell Wilson"

if given the opportunity that Wilson got, his career could flourish....

Originally posted by Buchy:
Yeah, their pissed at us (AGAIN)... we get a BJ... they got a wicket http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/09000d5d828db295#photo=4
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:06 PM ]
Ah much better title

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/BJ-Daniels-to-Simulate-Russell-Wilson/bdf2fc45-6aa7-4143-9ab2-2d65a8395c1f

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/BJ-Daniels-to-Simulate-Russell-Wilson/bdf2fc45-6aa7-4143-9ab2-2d65a8395c1f

Seattle will be making fun of this just as we were last year when It was Green Bay(I think) had some dude trying to simulate Kap.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Seattle will be making fun of this just as we were last year when It was Green Bay(I think) had some dude trying to simulate Kap.

GB was boasting that cos they faced Minny's backup QB (Joe Webb, who's now a WR lol) and beat them handily in the NFCWC the week prior to facing the Niners that they knew how to handle a mobile QB like Kap...lol yeah I remember, but I think our coaching staff is far more competent in knowing their opponent than GB's hubristic staff
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Sep 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Except Daniels can simulate Wilson a lot better than whoever they had simulating Kap.
The thread title is hilarious!
Share 49ersWebzone