LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
This dude is the real deal. Accuracy on those fades is crazy. Overall ball placement is at a high level. Dude is much better than McCoy. McCoy has a good sense of the pocket. He really knows when to get out Nd when to stay. If I had to win one game, I would go with BJ. He has tremendous ability all around.

McCoy is like a sleeping pill. The most boring quarterback I have ever seen.

Not only is BJ Daniels fun to watch, but when he is in the game, we score touchdowns. Call it luck, call it third string, but when he is in the game, we are in the endzone.
How in the world is Colt McCoy ahead of this guy?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Experience, and not much else.

If BJ was a third round pick or higher, he wouldn't be.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

If BJ was a third round pick or higher, he wouldn't be.

If that was the case we would have had a bigger sample size to really judge him by....and against starter talent. Colt did have to see Balt and Pitt twice a year so he knows what a top level D looks like. With a small number of snaps and real PT making him the primary backup would be bad. His best bet will be to the learn the system, watch, and take the spot from Colt in a month or two. We all know Harbs will promote players if they are worthy.....its up to him to take the spot.
Imagine BJ tossing balls with VD and Crabs, that would be so sick.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

I would much rather have BJ Daniels come in as a backup of Kaep was out like 2 - 3 games. I got no confidence in Colt McCoy to win any games at all.
Originally posted by jreff22:
If that was the case we would have had a bigger sample size to really judge him by....and against starter talent. Colt did have to see Balt and Pitt twice a year so he knows what a top level D looks like. With a small number of snaps and real PT making him the primary backup would be bad. His best bet will be to the learn the system, watch, and take the spot from Colt in a month or two. We all know Harbs will promote players if they are worthy.....its up to him to take the spot.

Fair enough.

But if he was a higher round pick, he wouldn't have wasted time experimenting at RB, WR, or long snapper (wtf?). He would have gotten more reps at quarterback, both during training camp and in the games, and at the very least, he would have performed superior to the great "yawn" that is Colt McCoy.

The only thing similar to BJ and Colt, is that they both leave you with your mouth open. McCoy because you are yawning, and BJ because well... you know.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

I would much rather have BJ Daniels come in as a backup of Kaep was out like 2 - 3 games. I got no confidence in Colt McCoy to win any games at all.

Truth be told thats probably exactly how it would happen.

But Kaepernick isn't going to get hurt. He's going to go on a glorious revenge tour and tear the heck out of every opponent on the schedule until the mission is compete and the sixth ring has been secured. Shoot, he might even pick up some most valuable player hardware of his own just for fun along the way.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Fair enough.

But if he was a higher round pick, he wouldn't have wasted time experimenting at RB, WR, or long snapper (wtf?). He would have gotten more reps at quarterback, both during training camp and in the games, and at the very least, he would have performed superior to the great "yawn" that is Colt McCoy.

The only thing similar to BJ and Colt, is that they both leave you with your mouth open. McCoy because you are yawning, and BJ because well... you know.
Its all relative. Many were enamored with Nate Davis for a long time because of his preseason heroics. Until we see him against the real guys this could all be an enigma. Not implying that it is but we dont know which level he will excel at.

While Colt isn't sexy, he does know what its like to have Ray Lewis run after you and Ed Reed play mind games with you. That kind of experience would be vital if Kap went down. If the backup is called in his only real job is to not lose the game for you. I dont see Colt doing that, an inexperienced rookie with little reps would.

As Kevin Lynch was saying on knbr, Daniels might start the season as the no 3, but he might not end the season there.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Dude is a BEAST! I'm a believer now, I know he played against 3rd or 4th stringers but still he looks like a starter out there.

I'm still much more comfortable with BJ than I am McCoy at this point. McCoy just seems like a shell of his former self, and thats sad considering he wasn't much to begin with..
bump
title of this thread is terrible
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM ]
f**k a vehicle
Share 49ersWebzone