There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
name one person who wants daniels to be the starting qb?

I do better and name two. Daniels mom and dad.
[ Edited by willtalk on Aug 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM ]
My thought on the whole QB situation is if a certain QB I won't name would go down we have too good of a team to just throw the season down the drain. I believe we will choose McCoy over Tolzien because McCoy has game experience. I certainly don't want to see Tolzien in a real game and at this point Daniels either. For that matter don't want to see McCoy either but if we had to he gives us our best chance. We would change our style of play back to the way we did in 2011. Anyways, Daniels is athletic but he is no where near as fast or athletic Kap or even Wilson. He's a bit thicker than those guys. He has shown he can run some read option with us, he has a much stronger arm than Tolzien and is much more athletic. I was on Tolzien's side last year but this year he hasn't shown enough progress to make me want to keep him. I don't think the guy has lead more than 1 or 2 TD drives in his 2 pre season's with us. Someone please let me know if they find out how many. Daniels has led 1 in his first game. I don't think I have seen Tolzien throw a TD pass like Daniels in his 2 years here (in a game at least). Nothing against Tolzien I think he should catch on as a #3 somewhere else but just haven't been impressed enough with his progress. One pass he will zing it in there and look good and the next looks like a bad version or Shaun Hill. Guy looked better in year 1 with SD back in 2011 than he has in year 3. I think what kept him on over Johnson last year is his QB smarts and the way he can help the other QB's break down plays on the sidelines.

I'm a Badgers fan also so it's not like I have something against Tolzien. I mentioned this in another post but I'd put Tolzien 3rd behind Wilson and Bollinger for best Badgers QB's in the last 15-20+ years. Badgers aren't known for their QB's, they get the bottom of the barrel and make them look better with a good run game and OL. It's a reason I'm not a big fan of Badger OL usually either. They get solid athletes and get the most out of them but when it comes to the NFL they are going against better athletes, guys from Miami, the SEC, etc. They do the same exact thing with the basketball team, take average talent and Bo Ryan gets the most out of them.

And trust me there are a lot worse backups in this league than McCoy or Tolzien. This league goes through QB's left and right. Hundreds of guys out there and maybe 40-50 really worthy of being NFL QBs. That being said probably only 15-20 guys worth starting. It's why guys like David Carr can collect 2-4 million a year because there are so few good backups out there (not that he's one of them). It's the reason Romo got signed to 108 mil, teams are afraid to lose a solid QB once they find one. Not many can develop them either. Lucky for us we have one of the few QB whisperers (sp? lol) in the league.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:39 AM ]
Black Jeff better stick around
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
bj throws a sweet ball. once he refines his game (maybe 3 years) he'll be starting somewhere.
Daniels has that "IT" factor people talk about.

He's a keeper.
Definitely - also he's like a mini-Kaep, look at the beard, so he's full of win!!
Mastermind Baalke will trade him to Roman when Roman gets a HC gig in a few years. Backup insurance now and high pick return down the road

Develop well young gun
Tolz, BJ right now could start in Buffalo, Jets, or for Raids. For that matter so could Seneca. Gad, all our cuts are going to be playing somewhere else. Ouch.

Same for WRs, and for a RB. Jeez, the league is going to be peopled with 49ers, which just goes to show how good TB and JH are. MMMMM,....mmmm.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Mastermind Baalke will trade him to Roman when Roman gets a HC gig in a few years. Backup insurance now and high pick return down the road

Develop well young gun

I hate to say it, but Daniels alreday impresses me more than McCoy. I think the 9'ers released the wrong QB even though McCoy has more NFL game experience than Tolzien. I thnik BJ will be seasoned enough after this year to be a capable backup to Kap, but until then, I would have preferred Tolzien. Like Tim Ryan said tonight, McCoy has those moments where he looks good, then he reverts to the squirrely guy who throws at least a pick a game.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I hate to say it, but Daniels alreday impresses me more than McCoy. I think the 9'ers released the wrong QB even though McCoy has more NFL game experience than Tolzien. I thnik BJ will be seasoned enough after this year to be a capable backup to Kap, but until then, I would have preferred Tolzien. Like Tim Ryan said tonight, McCoy has those moments where he looks good, then he reverts to the squirrely guy who throws at least a pick a game.

LOL....why? Exactly what has Tolzien shown? He's already had 2 years on an NFL roster, 3 preseasons, its obvious that its just not clicking with him. Meanwhile McCoy has 21 starts under his belt, is more athletic and elusive, and is simply a better quarterback. Tolzien had the advantage of having been with this same team, in this same system, and he showed that he just can't hack it.
Who knows how BJ play against a starting NFL defense... but we're in for a world of hurt if Kaep gets hurt, that's all I say. Having to rely on Colt to win us games scares the s**t out of me.
At this point think I'd rather put Daniels in a regular season game than McCoy. We would obviously rely heavily on the run game and do a lot of read option with Daniels. Also, some posters on here saying we have Nate Davis, Scott Tolzien syndrome just because we like a 3rd string QB but I'll say Daniels has shown more than those 2 guys ever have. I don't think Daniels is just another one of those guys. He looked more impressive in his first 3 pre season games than Tolzien ever did in 3 years of pre season games. As for Davis guy had all the tools just didn't have it mentally and I think Daniels does. Sorry I didn't really give this guy much of a chance. He stepped up big time where McCoy and Tolzien stepped down. Although McCoy has been playing with nothing to lose therefore better since the trade rumors. Also, I hope we don't re-sign McCoy and we let Harbaugh draft another QB of his liking that he can mold and develop. Who knows maybe we can flip Daniels for a 1st or 2nd down the road. I'd rather let Harbaugh draft his own guy and mold/develop then have him spend time trying to fix the rest of the league's garbage. Not saying McCoy is garbage just doesn't have a high ceiling. Edit: Side note Someone mentioned Daniels having "it" and you could be right. Patton is another guy who I think has "it".
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:45 PM ]