There are 170 users in the forums

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by kidash98:
Just saying it could happen. A lot of good players were taken in later rounds of the draft throughout the years. Just using Brady as an example.

Since Brady was drafted, name one QB worth a damn that was picked in the 6th round or later? Your example is kind of like citing the one guy who strikes it big on the Lottery but neglects the hundred million others who don't win.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just saying it could happen. A lot of good players were taken in later rounds of the draft throughout the years. Just using Brady as an example.

Since Brady was drafted, name one QB worth a damn that was picked in the 6th round or later? Your example is kind of like citing the one guy who strikes it big on the Lottery but neglects the hundred million others who don't win.

Just using Brady as an example, not saying he will be Brady like. The point I'm making is that it could happen.

If Harbaugh is willing to increase his snap counts, I'm sure they are thinking that there might be something there.

The point is that sometimes lower round picks end up being stars and it's a valid point. Tony Romo wasn't even drafted. Montana was a fourth round pick.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The point is that sometimes lower round picks end up being stars and it's a valid point. Tony Romo wasn't even drafted. Montana was a fourth round pick.

Romo isn't a star, he just wears one.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Right, but he's a starting NFL QB who has won a lot of games and he wasn't even drafted. Would you take Tony Romo as backup QB on this team? I know I would.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Wait, hold up, let me get this straight, a guy who had the reputation of being injury-prone in college might still be injury-prone in the pro's?

Best to hold off on making him the starting QB I guess.

name one person who wants daniels to be the starting qb?

There are people who deep down inside don't want to see Kaep start.

Where a player is drafted means almost everything. See Alex.

I'll take Romo over Alex any day.
Originally posted by ayetee:

I'll take Romo over Alex any day.

I want a backup to not lose the game for you.....Tony is a master at that skill.
Comparing Daniels to Russell in hope for a possibility that Daniels will be good is giving Wilson props. I think Wilson is very good. Lets hope we end up having two taller versions of him. Lol!

I want a backup to not lose the game for you.....Tony is a master at that skill.
Tony is a playmaker although sometimes he makes plays for the other team. Romo suffered from the lack of offensive balance. When Demarco Murray got hurt, Dallas had no running game. In Oakland, Jim had Romo graded as a 2nd round talent. That was accurate. You take Romo over Alex most times but father time is approaching for him
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Comparing Daniels to Russell in hope for a possibility that Daniels will be good is giving Wilson props. I think Wilson is very good. Lets hope we end up having two taller versions of him. Lol!

he's the shorter version of our two guys...
Originally posted by ayetee:
There are people who deep down inside don't want to see Kaep start.

I hear ya... those (Alex fans/not real Niner fans) are still sore huh
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
name one person who wants daniels to be the starting qb?

I do better and name two. Daniels mom and dad.
[ Edited by willtalk on Aug 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM ]
My thought on the whole QB situation is if a certain QB I won't name would go down we have too good of a team to just throw the season down the drain. I believe we will choose McCoy over Tolzien because McCoy has game experience. I certainly don't want to see Tolzien in a real game and at this point Daniels either. For that matter don't want to see McCoy either but if we had to he gives us our best chance. We would change our style of play back to the way we did in 2011. Anyways, Daniels is athletic but he is no where near as fast or athletic Kap or even Wilson. He's a bit thicker than those guys. He has shown he can run some read option with us, he has a much stronger arm than Tolzien and is much more athletic. I was on Tolzien's side last year but this year he hasn't shown enough progress to make me want to keep him. I don't think the guy has lead more than 1 or 2 TD drives in his 2 pre season's with us. Someone please let me know if they find out how many. Daniels has led 1 in his first game. I don't think I have seen Tolzien throw a TD pass like Daniels in his 2 years here (in a game at least). Nothing against Tolzien I think he should catch on as a #3 somewhere else but just haven't been impressed enough with his progress. One pass he will zing it in there and look good and the next looks like a bad version or Shaun Hill. Guy looked better in year 1 with SD back in 2011 than he has in year 3. I think what kept him on over Johnson last year is his QB smarts and the way he can help the other QB's break down plays on the sidelines.

I'm a Badgers fan also so it's not like I have something against Tolzien. I mentioned this in another post but I'd put Tolzien 3rd behind Wilson and Bollinger for best Badgers QB's in the last 15-20+ years. Badgers aren't known for their QB's, they get the bottom of the barrel and make them look better with a good run game and OL. It's a reason I'm not a big fan of Badger OL usually either. They get solid athletes and get the most out of them but when it comes to the NFL they are going against better athletes, guys from Miami, the SEC, etc. They do the same exact thing with the basketball team, take average talent and Bo Ryan gets the most out of them.

And trust me there are a lot worse backups in this league than McCoy or Tolzien. This league goes through QB's left and right. Hundreds of guys out there and maybe 40-50 really worthy of being NFL QBs. That being said probably only 15-20 guys worth starting. It's why guys like David Carr can collect 2-4 million a year because there are so few good backups out there (not that he's one of them). It's the reason Romo got signed to 108 mil, teams are afraid to lose a solid QB once they find one. Not many can develop them either. Lucky for us we have one of the few QB whisperers (sp? lol) in the league.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 19, 2013 at 3:39 AM ]
Black Jeff better stick around
Share 49ersWebzone