Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by Garcia:
daniels will make the team, IMO.

No question.

I would like him to be a #3 QB who also has custom players at slot WR / HBack out of the back field. Dude is too talented.

Also, there are rumors that he will have many suitors if we try to sneak him on the PS.

I think Tolzien or Colt get cut... hard to say which, probably Colt because of his lack of experience in Harbaugh's system. but to be honest, haven't been impressed with either player.

I think colt is a cut above tolzien, so I see it going the other way

That's right. If you cut BJ, I can guarantee you there will be a whole queue of teams lining up to claim him off waivers. Baalke and Harbaugh know that, they wouldn't risk it. I would be shocked if they let such a talent slip through their fingers.

Such talent that just a few months ago was drafted at the end of the seventh round? I agree that he will make the team as his potential seems to be great and he can do more than one thing (which our staff likes), but I wouldn't go so far to say that teams are lining up to sign a guy that they all passed on drafting. It's not like a lot has happened since the draft. Now, if he strings together another two impressive outings, you may be onto something.

Based upon what Daniels has done so far, the Jets would pick him up at the drop of a dime--and make him the starter.
Daniels will be backup next year or possibly this year.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

Will be our STARTING QB by week 4!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Will be our STARTING QB by week 4!

This coaching staff values ability over experience, especially on offense.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
San Francisco 49ers @49ers

Following his big debut under center on Friday evening, #49ers rookie B.J. Daniels is officially in the No. 2 QB conversation....
He is tough and physical like Russell Wilson. He will make it as our #3 QB, McCoy will be our #2 QB due to starter NFL experience, at least for this year. BJ Daniels will get better the longer he practices in the offense. To cut him would be foolish. He has a lot of potential and talent to play other positions as well. Tolzien has regressed and is a one trick pony. BJ ROCKS! I'm excited to see him play again next week!
Originally posted by Jcool:

Following his big debut under center on Friday evening, #49ers rookie B.J. Daniels is officially in the No. 2 QB conversation....

f**k yes. the other guys sucked for two games now. BJ was hittin people in stride in between defenders. that drive was badass
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Is there a youtube video of his drive? I missed it.
Will be the starter in KC 2016 when we trade him for 2 1st round picks.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by xtm059:
daniels will make the team, IMO.

No question.

I would like him to be a #3 QB who also has custom players at slot WR / HBack out of the back field. Dude is too talented.

Also, there are rumors that he will have many suitors if we try to sneak him on the PS.

I think Tolzien or Colt get cut... hard to say which, probably Colt because of his lack of experience in Harbaugh's system. but to be honest, haven't been impressed with either player.

I think colt is a cut above tolzien, so I see it going the other way

That's right. If you cut BJ, I can guarantee you there will be a whole queue of teams lining up to claim him off waivers. Baalke and Harbaugh know that, they wouldn't risk it. I would be shocked if they let such a talent slip through their fingers.

Such talent that just a few months ago was drafted at the end of the seventh round? I agree that he will make the team as his potential seems to be great and he can do more than one thing (which our staff likes), but I wouldn't go so far to say that teams are lining up to sign a guy that they all passed on drafting. It's not like a lot has happened since the draft. Now, if he strings together another two impressive outings, you may be onto something.

Brady was drafted in the 6th. It could happen.

-

Originally posted by kidash98:
Brady was drafted in the 6th. It could happen.

-

Really? You're going to pull the Brady card? C'mon now.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Harbaugh said B.J. Daniels' reps will be even with that of Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien in practice this week.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Coach Jim Harbaugh announced rookie QB B.J. Daniels' practice reps will be increased this week so he's on equal footing with Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien.

In other words, Daniels is being given a legitimate chance to win primary backup duties behind Colin Kaepernick. Although Daniels took two sacks in Friday's preseason game against the Chiefs, he completed 67 percent of his nine pass attempts and threw a 14-yard TD strike to Chuck Jacobs. Under QB mastermind Harbaugh, Daniels is now worth grabbing in all deep Dynasty leagues.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/266650/49ers-send-manningham-to-reservepup-list
Originally posted by buck:
Coach Jim Harbaugh announced rookie QB B.J. Daniels' practice reps will be increased this week so he's on equal footing with Colt McCoy and Scott Tolzien.

In other words, Daniels is being given a legitimate chance to win primary backup duties behind Colin Kaepernick. Although Daniels took two sacks in Friday's preseason game against the Chiefs, he completed 67 percent of his nine pass attempts and threw a 14-yard TD strike to Chuck Jacobs. Under QB mastermind Harbaugh, Daniels is now worth grabbing in all deep Dynasty leagues.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/266650/49ers-send-manningham-to-reservepup-list

Good. Give him an equal chance along with those guys, I still see him winding up as the #3, but with a crapload of talent, he should get every opportunity to put it on display.
I almost don't get it. I thought Daniels was already "even" with the other two. And then I kept getting pissed because he wasn't being put in the game.

It just seemed to me that Daniels has a dynamic abilty and should have been given a shot earlier instead of the favortism that I thought was on display. But maybe I'm wrong. I love the coaches and trust them.

But now with this news that his reps will increase, I feel like almost like "told you so" and how come you didn't see his strengths are more notable than what McCoy and Tolzien are showing in practice. The guy needs some coaching because he's primed, fresh and hungry. The other guys are already what they are and don't seem to be standing out at all. (Practice notes and definitely not games.)
Share 49ersWebzone