There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Originally posted by strickac:
Daniels is the only backup that I want us to keep. Between McCoy and Tolzein, I don't care who stays. Neither offer much. Tolzein is the better passer, but he's immobile and doesn't fit the offense. McCoy has a weak arm, but he's moderately athletic.

yea, flip a coin for those two. Winner of the coin toss gets cut.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Daniels is the only backup that I want us to keep. Between McCoy and Tolzein, I don't care who stays. Neither offer much. Tolzein is the better passer, but he's immobile and doesn't fit the offense. McCoy has a weak arm, but he's moderately athletic.

yea, flip a coin for those two. Winner of the coin toss gets cut.

Better yet, lock those 2 in a cage and toss in some eskrima sticks...
Ya know, Kap basically surpassed Alex in his 2nd year and he simply was just better. My take on Daniels is if he's the best man for the backup job then he just is. I don't care when or how he was drafted. Skillset wise he's the best equipped to come in and keep the continuity of the offense if heaven forbid Kap has to miss any time, so I don't have any problem with BJ as the #2. However, to McCoy's credit he had those 2 long scrambles and I have no prob with him as #2 and BJ #3 either. I think we've seen Tolzien's ceiling pretty much. I trust whatever Harbaalke does.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Tolzien and Daniels will be on the roster. Really liking Daniels. We have 3 QBs better than the best QB in the AFC, Alex Smith.

Tolzien is done.

Depending on what Daniels shows in the next two games, if he seems decent enough, just keep him. Cut both Tolzein & McCoy. Use that third qb roster spot for another backup position. Why waste that roster spot on either of the two, they both basically suck.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Ya know, Kap basically surpassed Alex in his 2nd year and he simply was just better. My take on Daniels is if he's the best man for the backup job then he just is. I don't care when or how he was drafted. Skillset wise he's the best equipped to come in and keep the continuity of the offense if heaven forbid Kap has to miss any time, so I don't have any problem with BJ as the #2. However, to McCoy's credit he had those 2 long scrambles and I have no prob with him as #2 and BJ #3 either. I think we've seen Tolzien's ceiling pretty much. I trust whatever Harbaalke does.

I agree. I mean talent cannot be coached, if the kid has it, all it takes is good coaching to refine his skills and techniques and the rest is on-field application and experience. Yes he is raw, but so was Kap. Kap is a tough dude, with all the muscles he has packed in, touch wood should be quite durable. This will buy time for BJ to hone in his skills by playing more snaps than being #3 during practices. Plus with his atheltic skills set, Roman will not need to call different plays for him which will make our offense more seamless if and when he needs to go in.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Tolzien and Daniels will be on the roster. Really liking Daniels. We have 3 QBs better than the best QB in the AFC, Alex Smith.

Tolzien is done.

I agree the only reason McCoy sticks because he is a Vet and BJ Daniels should be #3 QB
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Tolzien is done.

I agree the only reason McCoy sticks because he is a Vet and BJ Daniels should be #3 QB

McCoy did better than Tolzein who must go.
Daniels played well, but is it me or does he move really slow?
Kap getting one series and throwing two passes was a joke. I don't know what Harbaugh is thinking. He must think that we got it all sewed up and the first unit needs no reps.
Originally posted by kray28:
Kap getting one series and throwing two passes was a joke. I don't know what Harbaugh is thinking. He must think that we got it all sewed up and the first unit needs no reps.

What, you wanted him left out there till he gets injured? He is the starting qb. Nothing to be learnt from playing him further.
Originally posted by English:

What, you wanted him left out there till he gets injured? He is the starting qb. Nothing to be learnt from playing him further.

This next preseason game is when the starters play at least a quarter so it might be a game to watch
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Tolzien is done.

McCoy did better than Tolzein who must go.

I like McCoy over Tolzien

1 quarter of burn gets him injured? Sure. He should quit now while he's still healthy.

The first unit with new receivers has never played against anyone. They need some reps...this is the team that will see the field in the regular season. Practice only gets you so much...some full speed ball really helps there.
Daniels played well, but is it me or does he move really slow?

Is not you, I have a feeling the coaches might have told him try not to run and stay in the pocket. You can see he was very hesitant with his scrambles during those broken up plays. But, don't worry once they let loose of the leash, you will see what he can do. All you have to do is watch his highlights on youtube. I am not concerned the slightest, this guy can run and side-step like nobody's business.