There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

BJ's Bang Bus of Ball Busting

Originally posted by LVJay:
Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for him to outplay Tolzien when Niners brought him on board so he can get that 2 spot... his mobility is a plus and he's a tough dude. However, at this point, I'm not so sure that Tolzien would be outplayed by either Colt/BJ behind the starting O-line.....

Tolzien might be feeling a lil spooked with Colt/BJ breathing down his neck

We have invested essentially a 6th rd pick in Tolzien and a 7th in BJ. We invested nothing in Tolzien and after 3 years I think we see his upside and it isn't good enough to be #3. Colt can still improve as well as BJ and I think they stick
I still cant believe people are going gaga over BJ.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We have invested essentially a 6th rd pick in Tolzien and a 7th in BJ. We invested nothing in Tolzien and after 3 years I think we see his upside and it isn't good enough to be #3. Colt can still improve as well as BJ and I think they stick

True and I'm sure the coaches will make the right decision when it's time to cut. However, I really won't feel comfy if Tolzien is the one that gets cut... only because pete the cheat is always looking for more ways to be slimy.....
Originally posted by jreff22:

I don't think BJ is the future but he has more tools than Tolzien and with Jim's molding he might get to be a serviceable backup for us. Tolzien has topped out in my eye and BJ seems to have the athletic instincts to play the way we need our QB to play. Colt has flashed some ability as well. I don't know who is going gaga over BJ but personally I want a guy with ability and I believe Jim can get him ready but Santa can't make toys without the elves

True and I'm sure the coaches will make the right decision when it's time to cut. However, I really won't feel comfy if Tolzien is the one that gets cut... only because pete the cheat is always looking for more ways to be slimy.....

Yes. He will take our playbook to one of our division rivals. Pull a Michael Robinson on us where we got whipped 31-6 in SEA week 1

I don't think BJ is the future but he has more tools than Tolzien and with Jim's molding he might get to be a serviceable backup for us. Tolzien has topped out in my eye and BJ seems to have the athletic instincts to play the way we need our QB to play. Colt has flashed some ability as well. I don't know who is going gaga over BJ but personally I want a guy with ability and I believe Jim can get him ready but Santa can't make toys without the elves
I just find it funny. I've watched the kid play live at USF and the first thing that stuck out was, "he looks like a lil McNabb." The coaching change at USF hurt him and his later injury really sucked. While I'm glad he looks good, it is preseason after all and against the #3's....I'm having flashbacks of the Nate Davis days.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Would plaster her nose
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL! Her and Nicki Minaj are a trip!!

I just find it funny. I've watched the kid play live at USF and the first thing that stuck out was, "he looks like a lil McNabb." The coaching change at USF hurt him and his later injury really sucked. While I'm glad he looks good, it is preseason after all and against the #3's....I'm having flashbacks of the Nate Davis days.

Nate Davis was potato.

There's some differences. We are also not talking who is going to be the backup, but the #3. Tolzien is limited especially when you take into account the skill sets of all 4 quarterbacks. There is one who is different.

I still cant believe people are going gaga over Tolzien.
[ Edited by ayetee on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Nate Davis was potato.

There's some differences. We are also not talking who is going to be the backup, but the #3. Tolzien is limited especially when you take into account the skill sets of all 4 quarterbacks. There is one who is different.

I think looking forward Jim drafts a QB "high" and that kid and Colt battle for the #2 spot. Once that happens we move BJ, maybe he takes Dixons spot and will be the emergency #4 QB and #5 RB.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Yes. He will take our playbook to one of our division rivals. Pull a Michael Robinson on us where we got whipped 31-6 in SEA week 1

I use to like M.R. since his days at Penn St. and I was glad when Niners picked him up, but after that beatdown, I solely blamed him for the lost and hated him ever since

Too bad Niners didn't have a secret goon squad to kidnap (cut) players that are familiar with the playbook with a chance of getting picked up by rivals... just stash them away somewhere for a long while
[ Edited by LVJay on Aug 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM ]

Nate Davis was potato.

I think looking forward Jim drafts a QB "high" and that kid and Colt battle for the #2 spot. Once that happens we move BJ, maybe he takes Dixons spot and will be the emergency #4 QB and #5 RB.

Daniels versatility is another reason Tolzien is odd man out.

Nate Davis was potato.

Daniels versatility is another reason Tolzien is odd man out.

If he makes it I need to call my sister in law. She did his rehab at USF personally. Goodies in the mail.