There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What NFC West Opponent is most improved post draft?

What NFC West Opponent is most improved post draft?

Originally posted by hawker84:
the brady interception was a thing of beauty, Sherman bated him the whole way.. Not like Brady doesn't throw interceptions.. we earned that win, don't care what anybody says.

GB game, whatever.

Our game at the Stick, if our recievers could catch a cold that day, that game may have very well have been another Seahawk victory.. We got our share of lucky breaks, and bad breaks just like every other team in the league, including the Niners.

Brady threw 8 interceptions against 34 TD's. The only regular season record better than that was Aaron Rodgers. Brady doesn't throw many interceptions. The Seahawks were lucky he had a brain fart.

"GB game, whatever." ??!! Yeah, man. What-fricking-ever!
Seahawks had the #1 scoring defense in the league and top 5 in every other catagory.. Sherman was #1 in pass break ups and #2 in interceptions last year..guess he and we got lucky all season...
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM ]
Sherman is going to have a huge target on his back all season. Receivers and backs will be going for his knees. Guys will be grabbing his hair and spearing him in the back. It's a man's game and it's the NFL. They're not really playing - they're working and fighting. I'll be surprised if he plays all 16 games. He's a disaster waiting to happen and he's brought it all on himself.
Good response.. i'll be looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
I know this may come as a surprise to many around here but I don't like Richard Sherman.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The Rams had a good draft, but at 5'8", 180 lbs., Tavon Austin is one good hit away from being a wasted pick. McDonald is interesting, but he's pretty slow and not really a good coverage safety which is what I think teams will increasingly need. Barett Jones had a relatively easy time of it in college because every defense he played against was constantly watching Austin.

The Niners had the best draft in the division, hands down.

Tavon Austin is NOT 180 pounds. I don't care what they have him listed at. He's 165 soaking wet! I ran 3.3 second 40 yard dash coming out of elementary school too.

Good. Then he's one decent arm-tackle away from IR.

Austin has showed durability in college, and he wasn't just a WR. He played RB for a little too and missed one practice in 4 years. Advanced stats seem to imply that proven college production will translate into NFL production. Now I know the men in this league are animals, and its possible he may be hurt, but you can't hurt what you can't catch. I think He'll be fine, until proven otherwise
  • fryet
  • Veteran
This was said over and over about the 49ers last year. Getting interceptions is streaky. One year you get a ton, the next year you get only a few. It held true for the 49ers last year too. It resulted in less wins, but our improved offense for the most part made up for it. Most likely Seattle won't have that #1 scoring defense this year. Will their offense pick up the slack? We shall see...
Originally posted by hawker84:
Seahawks had the #1 scoring defense in the league and top 5 in every other catagory.. Sherman was #1 in pass break ups and #2 in interceptions last year..guess he and we got lucky all season...

Seahawks are good and getting better... and their stadium is almost unfair (i swear they artificially pump crowd noise-- I live in seattle you guys are quiet and soft)

BUT losing your DEF Coordinator will hurt, and I believe Harbaugh to be a much superior coach. I'm more scared of the Rams than the Hawks
Sherman is going to have a huge target on his back all season. Receivers and backs will be going for his knees. Guys will be grabbing his hair and spearing him in the back. It's a man's game and it's the NFL. They're not really playing - they're working and fighting. I'll be surprised if he plays all 16 games. He's a disaster waiting to happen and he's brought it all on himself.

You can't just look at Seahawks' secondary in isolation on Sherman alone. In my opinion, it is bruisers like Browner and Chancellor who would do damage from a physical standpoint. Even Vernon got taken out with a concussion and he is one tough dude.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Seahawks are good and getting better... and their stadium is almost unfair (i swear they artificially pump crowd noise-- I live in seattle you guys are quiet and soft)

BUT losing your DEF Coordinator will hurt, and I believe Harbaugh to be a much superior coach. I'm more scared of the Rams than the Hawks

you realize Quinn was on the Seahawk staff before.. He was a defensive assistant under Mora in 2009.. he already knows the system,.. he has returned to the seahawks, not a new hire off the streets. And even if he was completely new to the system, Carrol is a defensive coach, Quinn will be doing what Carrol wants him to do.
[ Edited by hawker84 on May 15, 2013 at 9:24 AM ]