There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. Hope it works out, but not expecting anything. Hopefully Hyde works out.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by DeUh:
@MaioccoCSN RB Marcus Lattimore has yet to step on the practice field, but Harbaugh says he's already earned spot with #49ers.
@Eric_Branch Harbaugh said RB Marcus Lattimore "is going to be part of this team in some form or fashion." #49ers

I don't like the "in some form or fashion" part.

Can that form or fashion be running the ball, please?

Work him in as the 3rd RB ala Hunter this year. Hyde will be the primary backup.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by DeUh:
@MaioccoCSN RB Marcus Lattimore has yet to step on the practice field, but Harbaugh says he's already earned spot with #49ers.
@Eric_Branch Harbaugh said RB Marcus Lattimore "is going to be part of this team in some form or fashion." #49ers

I don't like the "in some form or fashion" part.

Can that form or fashion be running the ball, please?

I don't like this either...

That hyde pick is looking better and better and better...

Seriously.

They had to have known going into the draft or at least had their doubts about Lattimore. I've got high hopes for Hyde. For Lattimore, anything he gives at this point is just going to be bonus because my expectations are getting lower with each passing day.
Garrison Hearst missed 2 years from a horrific injury. I know the injuries are different but if it takes 2 years for him to get back to the field, then so be it.
  • kush
  • Veteran
At this point they might as well just amputate the leg, must be useless
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Seriously.

They had to have known going into the draft or at least had their doubts about Lattimore. I've got high hopes for Hyde. For Lattimore, anything he gives at this point is just going to be bonus because my expectations are getting lower with each passing day.
two weeks ago i decided to expect zero from him. people were getting to caught up in breathlessly saying he and hyde were our future when we have not even seen the man in practice.
We took him on a wing and a prayer. Sometimes those prayers don't get answered. Just because Frank's surgeries went well doesn't mean the next guy will do well. When he didn't make the opening bell this yr, I was a bit worried. Now, I think it is not going to work out.
Dbl post.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM ]
I think Lattimore has been out of football for far too long. It's difficult to suffer serious knee injuries in college, and then take years to heal up and then all of a sudden you gotta get hit by NFL players. That's a TOUGH mental mountain to climb, IMO.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I think Lattimore has been out of football for far too long. It's difficult to suffer serious knee injuries in college, and then take years to heal up and then all of a sudden you gotta get hit by NFL players. That's a TOUGH mental mountain to climb, IMO.

Very true. I'm concerned with the time Lattimore has been removed from the game as I am with his physical health. If he doesn't get on the field this year, I don't know what to expect from him if anything. Success stories of players suffering that gruesome of an injury, being 2 years removed from the sport to come back and tear it up against bigger, stronger NFL players are far and few in between.

Gore and Mcgahee are exceptions but certainly not the rule.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Very true. I'm concerned with the time Lattimore has been removed from the game as I am with his physical health. If he doesn't get on the field this year, I don't know what to expect from him if anything. Success stories of players suffering that gruesome of an injury, being 2 years removed from the sport to come back and tear it up against bigger, stronger NFL players are far and few in between.

Gore and Mcgahee are exceptions but certainly not the rule.

The good news is if any kid could do it, it would be Lattimore.
hearst
Whoa Whoa we haven't seen the man practice yet! That doesnt mean to jus give up on him hes still unknown wtf guys??
Originally posted by Since07:
Whoa Whoa we haven't seen the man practice yet! That doesnt mean to jus give up on him hes still unknown wtf guys??

^^ This.