There are 132 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Looking forward to returning to this thread after the pre-season is over. Wonder what it's gonna look like at that point
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He and Ian just need to take it slow(er)...
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Every 49er fan is rooting for the guy. In the late 80's the team took a chance on receiver Mike Sherrard after he was cut by the Boys'. He had broken his leg twice in successive years. The Niners waited two years for him to take the field but it paid off.

I remember that! But did it really take 2 years?

didn't the niners shelf jesse sapolu for 2 years?
Originally posted by LVJay:
He and Ian just need to take it slow(er)...

seriously no need to rush lattimore
Hope he takes his time to get on the field when he is 100% healthy. No need to rush at all.
Guys he's just there so we make full use of the PUP list - he had a tweaked hammy in OTA's so we're just playing safe for training camp. There is no new injury or problem - it's roster management at this stage.

No need to panic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sounds like his knees are sound. Just a matter of getting the rest of his legs up to speed.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Every 49er fan is rooting for the guy. In the late 80's the team took a chance on receiver Mike Sherrard after he was cut by the Boys'. He had broken his leg twice in successive years. The Niners waited two years for him to take the field but it paid off.

ricky watters took 1991 off...
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Buchy:
Guys he's just there so we make full use of the PUP list - he had a tweaked hammy in OTA's so we're just playing safe for training camp. There is no new injury or problem - it's roster management at this stage.

No need to panic.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

ricky watters took 1991 off...

I remember Sherrard, I forgot he broke his leg and took some time to recover. I knew it took a while but I forgot it was 2 years. As for sapoulu, I don't remember him being seriously injured. Michael Carter and Kevin f*gan were though - and both took quite a bit of time to get back on the field, but they were dominant players for us during the dynasty years.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Ricky missed only one year. A broken ankle I believe.
Originally posted by Buchy:

No need to panic.

Agreed, it's a strategic move...hopefully.
It's all good. I don't think you can use the pup list if a guy attends training camp right? They'll make a decision about week 2 of preseason whether he'll take contact or not. And -- it's cool if the answer is no. 2 years to see production is not too long to wait for this guy...
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jul 25, 2014 at 6:58 AM ]
Just a thought. We have a ton of depth at the RB position. Gore might be gone next year and Hunter is a FA. Does anybody think the Niners plan on keeping Lattimore on the PUP for the year and not lose a year of his contract. This lets them keep an extra guy somewhere else and Lattimore comes on next year when Hunter and maybe Gore leave. Just a thought.
Originally posted by pd24:
Just a thought. We have a ton of depth at the RB position. Gore might be gone next year and Hunter is a FA. Does anybody think the Niners plan on keeping Lattimore on the PUP for the year and not lose a year of his contract. This lets them keep an extra guy somewhere else and Lattimore comes on next year when Hunter and maybe Gore leave. Just a thought.

I think this is very possible and why not with our depth? This assumes James makes it mostly as a KR (still scares me). We also have Jewel Hampton if we need anymore depth and he's been training for years. So Gore/Hyde and Hunter/James and I.R.-designation Lattimore and if we go down a RB, bring back Hampton.