There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Originally posted by CardinalGold:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
:(

Why the frowny face? Did something happen to #38? I did a quick check and didn't find any reports...

Starting training camp on the NFI list
Why the frowny face? Did something happen to #38? I did a quick check and didn't find any reports...

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/17/5913657/marcus-lattimore-to-begin-training-camp-on-nfi-list-per-field-yates

I think its just precautionary at this point.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/7/17/5913657/marcus-lattimore-to-begin-training-camp-on-nfi-list-per-field-yates

Yeah I hope it really is just preserving the option of the NFI list. But then I wonder why they didn't do that for Jimmie Ward (and possibly Tank C.) as well.
Damn this guy is never gonna play again. Am I overreacting?
It's not a good sign that Lattimore was placed on the NFI list and Ward and Tank were not. This is a not-so-subtle warning that he isn't right yet. With Hyde above him on the depth chart, he may never get his shot
Originally posted by ninerjok:

You're not overacting...I've got hope that he's going to play in the NFL, but hope is fading fast.
too much backfield competition for him to be missing any practices and hope to be a real contributer this season

Yes, but that is standard operating procedure in the zone
Originally posted by lazy:

You're not overacting...I've got hope that he's going to play in the NFL, but hope is fading fast.

At this point I'm not worried. If he doesn't play this preseason then I'll be worried.

EDIT: We should know a lot in the next month or so.
[ Edited by CardinalGold on Jul 17, 2014 at 3:48 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yeah I hope it really is just preserving the option of the NFI list. But then I wonder why they didn't do that for Jimmie Ward (and possibly Tank C.) as well.

His injury was very serious. I think it's more of a precaution - than anything else. I wish I knew the PUP rules better, but I'm sure somebody here can figure out the benefits of putting Lattimore on the PUP when he looked really good in OTA's.
Now you now why they drafted Hyde. Latts is damaged good.
been telling you guys this for a year, I wouldn't put too much stock in Lattimore.

Wishing him the best, but ill be surprised if he plays on Sundays for the 9ers.
Panic button at full swing today

Originally posted by susweel:
Now you now why they drafted Hyde. Latts is damaged good.

Ellington and Marcus Martin have also been placed on NFI. This is some other sort of accounting/accountability trick it looks like.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Niner FO is greedy ...... we ain't letting anyone (FO deems worthy) go. We're deep and FO wants to keep it that way.... other teams can have our table scraps (camp fodder), but stay away from our good players!!
[ Edited by LVJay on Jul 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM ]