There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Excited to see Lattimore, but no way in the world he's going to replace Dixons overall role on the team.

LOL

You actually think Lattimore will replace Dixons STs contributions??

Does Gore replace Dixon's STs contributions?
Conclusions after watching some of Lattimore's college highlights on youtube:

-an in-between the tackles runner, will find the holes and gaps within the line to exploit
-patient
-good vision
-mid size power runner, won't come down easily after the 1st contact but isn't as powerful as a big power back such as Marshawn Lynch.
-doesn't have break away speed
-good at changing of directions to avoid incoming tacklers/defenders
-decent pass catcher out of the backfield or downfield

overall reminds me of another Frank Gore, which pretty much I think IF and only IF his knees hold up he'll be replacing Gore when Gore retires.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Conclusions after watching some of Lattimore's college highlights on youtube:

-an in-between the tackles runner, will find the holes and gaps within the line to exploit
-patient
-good vision
-mid size power runner, won't come down easily after the 1st contact but isn't as powerful as a big power back such as Marshawn Lynch.
-doesn't have break away speed
-good at changing of directions to avoid incoming tacklers/defenders
-decent pass catcher out of the backfield or downfield

overall reminds me of another Frank Gore, which pretty much I think IF and only IF his knees hold up he'll be replacing Gore when Gore retires.

Also considered by many to be the best back in the draft when fully healthy. Gore has one year left, and if we don't resign him which I hope we do, at least we can do is get this man a ring for all the years he's thrown his body for this team.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Excited to see Lattimore, but no way in the world he's going to replace Dixons overall role on the team.

LOL

You actually think Lattimore will replace Dixons STs contributions??

Does Gore replace Dixon's STs contributions?

Why would he? Has that ever been his role?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

Is James gone yet?
Bay Area Sports Guy ‏@BASportsGuy 21h
Are we expecting too much, too soon from Marcus Lattimore? http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/are-we-expecting-too-much-too-soon-from-marcus-lattimore/

Originally posted by crabman82:
Are we expecting too much, too soon from Marcus Lattimore? http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/are-we-expecting-too-much-too-soon-from-marcus-lattimore/ …

that's the big unknown
Are we expecting too much, too soon from Marcus Lattimore? http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/are-we-expecting-too-much-too-soon-from-marcus-lattimore/

Not really...he's competing with Hunter to be the #2 back behind Gore. Sounds reasonable to me.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Not really...he's competing with Hunter to be the #2 back behind Gore. Sounds reasonable to me.

the article isnt about whether he can over take hunter as #2 or whatever. its more about whether he is fully recovered or if we'll have to maybe wait until 2015

the article isnt about whether he can over take hunter as #2 or whatever. its more about whether he is fully recovered or if we'll have to maybe wait until 2015

Right..but the article stated that many fans believe Lattimore will have a "breakout season". I don't think we have those expectations on him at all. He has to prove he's healthy and effective enough to even warrant a back-up role. Hopes are high on him, expectations are reasonable IMO.

Right..but the article stated that many fans believe Lattimore will have a "breakout season". I don't think we have those expectations on him at all. He has to prove he's healthy and effective enough to even warrant a back-up role. Hopes are high on him, expectations are reasonable IMO.

i'm in line with your thinking, but just in this thread you can see posts that arent really realistic. even the should we cut gore threads are related to lattimore. those people creating those threads often name drop him like its some sort of formality that hes going to be good next season.

i'm in line with your thinking, but just in this thread you can see posts that arent really realistic. even the should we cut gore threads are related to lattimore. those people creating those threads often name drop him like its some sort of formality that hes going to be good next season.

Gotcha, I agree. I blocked out all the "Cut Gore" threads from my memory lol.
Marcus Lattimore concedes he's "not all the way back, physically or mentally" from his catastrophic college knee injuries.

Lattimore's college career-ending injury involved ACL, PCL, and LCL tears in his right knee. Lattimore concedes he "still lacks the first-step burst" and "explosiveness through the hole" that he possessed as a freshman. Even before the 2012 triple-knee-ligament tear, Lattimore tore his left ACL as a sophomore. Lattimore is an easy guy to root for, but remains a long shot to rediscover past dynamic form. We'll monitor him closely throughout training camp, of course.

This is unnerving to hear, not the type of news I was looking for. I have been a heavy optimist on his recovery but this assumes that the ones on here taking the very cautious, whatever we get is a bonus approach are right on...
Wow I as DEAD WRONG on this pick. Turns out Lattimore may never play in the NFL. I was Clamoring for the 49ers to pick him in the 4th round which they did but boy was I wrong. I know he's yet to play a game but this news has to be devastating to him and the team. Basically almost a wasted pick #131 overall 2013 Draft. I as Wrong. Please Marcus PROVE MY ASS WRONG. I am ROOTING for you. Hope Everything works out.
I see a whole different approach Latt can take with the Niners. Like Turbin with the Hawks, he put on a ton of muscle seeing how well a back that is punishing helps his team. Latt has put on some size and I can see him being a big short yardage back. You team has a ton of talent in the receiving core so whatever yards they don't get or Kap can't pick up a BIG Latt could pick up the short. We will never have another Lynch when he is gone, but like our team is doing a 1 - 2 combination of Hunter and Latt will be a dynamic that your team has yet to see. Again this is all just opinion of a rival fan.