There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Does it really matter? If he were the second coming of Barry Sanders, we'd still run him off tackle.

Absolutely no faith this offense is evolving, adjusting to the NFL defenses.
Lattimore next year will be a bigger, badder Dixon. Minus the ST/fullback stuff. Basically short yardage. LaMike is probably traded
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Does it really matter? If he were the second coming of Barry Sanders, we'd still run him off tackle.

Come on man, we won 14 games this year. This game coulda gone either way
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
I would be hesitant to put expectations on Lattimore. He completely cut his whole knee up. We saw with Manningham how hard and long it takes to come back. I'll remain hopeful but any production we get from Marcus will be fortuitous.

I know what you are saying, but he'll have almost 2 years worth of recovery off that knee injury. I'm not counting on him, but there's no way I'm counting him out either.

BTW, we'll get Tank Carradine next year too.
Originally posted by spizzy:

I know...you'd think the 49ers were 4-12.
Originally posted by spizzy:

This was in response to him getting 2000 yards. We won 14 games this year in large part to our defense, not due to a running game that tore it up during the play-offs.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I know what you are saying, but he'll have almost 2 years worth of recovery off that knee injury. I'm not counting on him, but there's no way I'm counting him out either.

BTW, we'll get Tank Carradine next year too.

Both are top half first round talents unquestionably. That alone is keeping my spirits up for next year
Originally posted by outside4949:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
He'll rush for over 2,000 yards

lets hope in a season
Originally posted by susweel:
hopefully he can be a rotation guy but I would expect much else. I would draft another RB who is healthy, and trade LMJ.

LOL. Trade LMJ for what. We don't need another 5th or 6th round pick.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Which current pro does Lattimore remind you of? Who does he compare to the best?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/marcus-lattimore?id=2540174

Great summary. I think the comparison to Arian Foster is quite accurate.

Honestly, he reminds me of Frank Gore
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
Originally posted by susweel:
hopefully he can be a rotation guy but I would expect much else. I would draft another RB who is healthy, and trade LMJ.

LOL. Trade LMJ for what. We don't need another 5th or 6th round pick.

yea i dont think we would get much. We just need a OC who can utilize our weapons better
Can't wait to see Lattimore play. You know this guy is hungry now to see the field after getting some tastes from practice/
Gore has one more solid year left. This should give him enough time to tutor Latt.
He runs super high and has huge injury history. I'm skeptical about him big time. I need to see it before I believe it. He could get killed in the NFL. Plus he may not be healthy enough to make a difference.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He runs super high and has huge injury history. I'm skeptical about him big time. I need to see it before I believe it. He could get killed in the NFL. Plus he may not be healthy enough to make a difference.

Tom Rathman and Frank Gore will fix this