There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

MARCUS LATTIMORE WAS a 49er!

Originally posted by whirledps:
Marcus is a shrimp! LOL (Not really)

Just had to post this. I actually think it's a little trick photography in there as well...
The man on the left is Devin Taylor and, of course, on the right Clowney.

That is what that Michigan RB saw before he got blown up in the Outback Bowl.
It's a shame the 49er's can't get Clowney on the D-line somehow in the next draft. But he will probably be in the top 5 picks. He's gonna be a beast this season for South Carolina.
Of course all of us Gamecocks miss Marcus, but wish him God speed with San Francisco and can't wait to see him score his first of many touchdowns!

p.s. I would run the other way FAST if I saw #7 coming after me!!
[ Edited by whirledps on Jun 5, 2013 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by whirledps:
It's a shame the 49er's can't get Clowney on the D-line somehow in the next draft. But he will probably be in the top 5 picks. He's gonna be a beast this season for South Carolina.
Of course all of us Gamecocks miss Marcus, but wish him God speed with San Francisco and can't wait to see him score his first of many touchdowns!

p.s. I would run the other way FAST if I saw #7 coming after me!!

The only way he doesn't go #1 is if Bridgewater goes #1. But he's going to an "Andrew Luck" type can't-miss prospect.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
The only way he doesn't go #1 is if Bridgewater goes #1. But he's going to an "Andrew Luck" type can't-miss prospect.

or severe knee injury. then he can fall to us.

Marcus is running sprints.

Also, this regarding Frank Gore and Marcus

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/gores-advice-to-lattimore-let-the-doubters-fuel-you.html
Already have man crush on this guy. Seems like a great character guy in the long line of injury comeback story, like Hearst with his ankle injury after 2 years of hard work to get back. We all know about Gore's. And now Lattie's. No wonder he has so many college fans.
medicine is working wonders these days.could be back mid season
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I don't want him to play at all this season. This guy has the potential to be a special player for the 49ers. I was so happy when we drafted him it seems like the perfect fit for him.
He's hoping to be ready for full practice by midseason. This guy is a stud.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

I don't want him to play at all this season. This guy has the potential to be a special player for the 49ers. I was so happy when we drafted him it seems like the perfect fit for him.

Totally agree. We can afford to bench him and save him. Free SB ring for him lol
Word is he was sprinting in practice this week
Anyone have any idea what he runs approximately in the 40? He looks like a 4.5 guy to me. Not that it matters. I still think he'll be a very good player but all these Frank Gore comparisons are a bit premature IMO. He doesn't look anything like Frank on the field to me. Frank has the lowest center of gravity I've ever seen, unique vision, and his cutback ability is insane. I don't see any of that from Lattimore and I hope I'm wrong. Very good player? Yes, Special player like Frank. I just don't know.
hmm, who is he compared to? i don't think he runs like gore, either. he seems more upright, with a longer stride and faster.
Originally posted by ninergold:
hmm, who is he compared to? i don't think he runs like gore, either. he seems more upright, with a longer stride and faster.

Ricky Waters?
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Anyone have any idea what he runs approximately in the 40? He looks like a 4.5 guy to me. Not that it matters. I still think he'll be a very good player but all these Frank Gore comparisons are a bit premature IMO. He doesn't look anything like Frank on the field to me. Frank has the lowest center of gravity I've ever seen, unique vision, and his cutback ability is insane. I don't see any of that from Lattimore and I hope I'm wrong. Very good player? Yes, Special player like Frank. I just don't know.

The last time he was measured, at 6'0", 210 lbs., he was running a 4.46 40, so he's taller and a little faster than Gore, who is 5'9" and about 4.6 with the 40. As far as vision is concerned, Frank Gore seems to have taken an interest in mentoring him so let's hope that vision and some tricks like that jump cut rub off on Lattimore.