LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
i have a feeling aj will be providing Patton with competition, not the other way around
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
AJ Jenkins better step up his game ASAP

The funny thing is, if he beats out AJ, I don't think it's an indictment of him. Patton is really that good.

yeah it is, kid was a first rounder and is getting paid like one

With Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Manningham & Jenkins..it's gonna be hard for Patton to even sniff the field
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

The funny thing is, if he beats out AJ, I don't think it's an indictment of him. Patton is really that good.

With Crabtree, Boldin, Williams, Manningham & Jenkins..it's gonna be hard for Patton to even sniff the field

Ham wont be 100% most likely and Jenkins hasn't proven anything

crabs boldin jenkins, patton manningham lockette. i dont think they keep manningham AND williams. williams has done nothing special for us since hes been here and both he and manningham are coming off of serious injuries. i think aj steps up, patton gets in on a handful of plays and lockette makes the team because hes capitalizing on the offseason workouts with kaep. hes got size, speed and work ethic. and it gives us more size in a division with huge corners. jenkins is skinny, manningham is kinda small and so is williams so i think one of them gets shown the door and i believe itll be williams
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
crabs boldin jenkins, patton manningham lockette. i dont think they keep manningham AND williams. williams has done nothing special for us since hes been here and both he and manningham are coming off of serious injuries. i think aj steps up, patton gets in on a handful of plays and lockette makes the team because hes capitalizing on the offseason workouts with kaep. hes got size, speed and work ethic. and it gives us more size in a division with huge corners. jenkins is skinny, manningham is kinda small and so is williams so i think one of them gets shown the door and i believe itll be williams

I think Manningham starts the season injured most likely and is designated as such if possible with Marcus already headed there. KW10 is most likely the PR
As a Louisiana Tech fan who had the privilege to watch this amazing player play for the last 2 years, let me just say, you guys got a steal.

He was by far the most electric, talented, and beloved player on the team. Not only is he a great receiver, but he is smart and an all-around great guy.

Originally posted by KennyBoiiii:
You cant understand one word he's saying in his conference call lol... Him and Boobie are gonna be good friends
I can assure you that was due to the crappy audio quality of the cell phone call, not his speaking. He has a little south in his voice, but he does not sound like a moron, I can guarantee.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers

49ers didn't just acquire a good receiver, they got a great character guy, someone who was active in the community, worked with charities, the guy who is the first one to show up at the team facility and the last one to leave, this is a hell of a get for the 49ers.

2 years ago, when we played in the Poinsettia bowl against TCU, one of the banquets before the game was a banquet that had several kids from the Make-A-Wish foundation in attendance. The players were presented with their usual bowl "swag". One such item was a $300 gift card to Best buy and a custom watch. Patton, along with a few other Tech players, GAVE their gift card and watch to the kids from the foundation. Patton keeps in touch with that kid to this day.

Keep in mind, all of his stats, were from a 2-yr career in Div-1A ball. His first 2 years were at a Community College.

All-in-all, you guys got a great athlete, competitor, and high-character individual for your team. Wish he would have gone to my Saints, but I'm happy he went to you guys instead of a place with a sucky QB. Kaep will allow him to shine.

Here's a video of him miked up at the Senior bowl practices. Kid's a ham.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cemUQ7Bs1Ic
[ Edited by SaintDawg on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:14 AM ]

Williams and Manningham are hurt Patton will get his chance. I am excited to see him play!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Ham will most likely start the season on IR. Lockette, Patton, and Jenkins will all get a chance to show what they can do. Williams will make the team as the PR/KR and slot WR, unless his injury has made him lose a step. He was really starting to get it, it is tough that he got injured.
Originally posted by SaintDawg:
As a Louisiana Tech fan who had the privilege to watch this amazing player play for the last 2 years, let me just say, you guys got a steal.

He was by far the most electric, talented, and beloved player on the team. Not only is he a great receiver, but he is smart and an all-around great guy.

You cant understand one word he's saying in his conference call lol... Him and Boobie are gonna be good friends
I can assure you that was due to the crappy audio quality of the cell phone call, not his speaking. He has a little south in his voice, but he does not sound like a moron, I can guarantee.

49ers didn't just acquire a good receiver, they got a great character guy, someone who was active in the community, worked with charities, the guy who is the first one to show up at the team facility and the last one to leave, this is a hell of a get for the 49ers.

2 years ago, when we played in the Poinsettia bowl against TCU, one of the banquets before the game was a banquet that had several kids from the Make-A-Wish foundation in attendance. The players were presented with their usual bowl "swag". One such item was a $300 gift card to Best buy and a custom watch. Patton, along with a few other Tech players, GAVE their gift card and watch to the kids from the foundation. Patton keeps in touch with that kid to this day.

Keep in mind, all of his stats, were from a 2-yr career in Div-1A ball. His first 2 years were at a Community College.

All-in-all, you guys got a great athlete, competitor, and high-character individual for your team. Wish he would have gone to my Saints, but I'm happy he went to you guys instead of a place with a sucky QB. Kaep will allow him to shine.

Good story, it makes me want to root for him even more!

That's a great story man. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a high quality guy and a good football player. How quick is he though? Does he get in and out of his breaks really well?

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
That's a great story man. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a high quality guy and a good football player. How quick is he though? Does he get in and out of his breaks really well?

Like someone previously posted, he's more "quick" than "fast". He cuts very well and runs sharp, precise routes. One of his upsides is his ability to gain yards after the catch. He is a playmaker, no-doubt.

Nice story. I love the video. "I went to Ju Co., you gotta slow down baby." He seems hilarious.

Manningham is coming off a gruesome injury, Williams is not nor has ever been anything special, a step above guys like Joe Hastings. It comes down to Jenkins vs Patton for the #3 spot IMO, especially if Manningham takes a long time to recover, if he ever fully makes it back.
I kept asking for them to draft Da'Rick Rogers, who signed as an UDFA w/Bills. But, I'm very happy we have Patton, a brilliant WR with no baggage. And, what a value in the 4th rd. Amazing he lasted that long, but credit to Baalke for staying patient. The 4th rd could be the best of the entire draft, landing Patton and Lattimore. But, Quinton should contribute this season. Look forward to him making an impact.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I kept asking for them to draft Da'Rick Rogers, who signed as an UDFA w/Bills. But, I'm very happy we have Patton, a brilliant WR with no baggage. And, what a value in the 4th rd. Amazing he lasted that long, but credit to Baalke for staying patient. The 4th rd could be the best of the entire draft, landing Patton and Lattimore. But, Quinton should contribute this season. Look forward to him making an impact.

Might be for the best, lots of stuff has come out about him after the draft, having alligator-armed passes, gone the Titus Young route and deliberately ran the wrong routes or quit on his routes to show his displeasure with the QB, teammates and or the coaching staff. Supposedly he was verbally abusive to other players and coaches alike inside the locker room, he just seems like a colossal jerk.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 29, 2013 at 9:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone