LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
One can hope! The injuries we've had at WR for the past several seasons has been really odd and frustrating. It's never ending. Hopefully we can get the entire core group healthy at some point. It would turn a team weakness into a strength.

The poor quality over the past ten years...and then they get some quality but injuries mount up...just mind boggling.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Heard tonight that they were keeping him on the active roster and expect a speedy recovery. Is that possible?

Foot bones are tricky healers. Some bones get better blood supply than others, hence some will heal quickly, others can take a while. The fact they are not putting him on IR indicates this is one of the bones that typically heals quickly. Let's hope that is the case.

It's one of the small bones in the foot. I say he's out 4-6 weeks.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Heard tonight that they were keeping him on the active roster and expect a speedy recovery. Is that possible?

Foot bones are tricky healers. Some bones get better blood supply than others, hence some will heal quickly, others can take a while. The fact they are not putting him on IR indicates this is one of the bones that typically heals quickly. Let's hope that is the case.

Hopefully the injury doesnt turn into a Garrison Hearst scenario.
  • dj43
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Hopefully the injury doesnt turn into a Garrison Hearst scenario.

Hearst broke his fibula (small bone in the lower leg). It is known as being one of the hardest to heal.

All bones in the foot except the ankle and heel bone are small. I am assuming it is a metatarsal bone (thin, long bones directly posterior to the toes). That should heal relatively quickly.
What the hell? We have the most fragile WR's of all time..... And this guy is fragile as hell. We are in the 4th game of the year and he has already had 2 broken bones. He broke his hand before he could even get through camp. Now he can make to game 5 without a broken foot. I don't know about this guy anymore? He may be too fragile for the NFL.....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What the hell? We have the most fragile WR's of all time..... And this guy is fragile as hell. We are in the 4th game of the year and he has already had 2 broken bones. He broke his hand before he could even get through camp. Now he can make to game 5 without a broken foot. I don't know about this guy anymore? He may be too fragile for the NFL.....

LOL, because he broke a finger and had an unfortunate injury to his foot that could have happened to anyone, he's now fragile? Bro, you're reaching pretty badly right now. The Cardinals lost 3 LB's in the same guy to season-ending injuries.............s**t happens and this team's luck with injuries this season hasn't been very good.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL, because he broke a finger and had an unfortunate injury to his foot that could have happened to anyone, he's now fragile? Bro, you're reaching pretty badly right now. The Cardinals lost 3 LB's in the same guy to season-ending injuries.............s**t happens and this team's luck with injuries this season hasn't been very good.

We are not even to game 5 of his rookie year and he had 2 separate broken bones from separate incidents. And now he is missing time. He's fragile as hell. Like a bull in a China shop. Patton is the China. He is brittle.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Lol he has more injuries than catches.
Seem to remember similar comments about Crabtree in the early days
Originally posted by Ether:

Lol he has more injuries than catches.

That's true.....

Originally posted by English:

This
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This

...and where is Crabtree now? Just saying.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This

...and where is Crabtree now? Just saying.

Trying to get healthy from an injury and missing the whole season when we need him......
When he was thrown to the ground by a DB it disturbed me...too light? Not strong enough? But then you could consider he got under a DBs skin enough to draw a penalty.

I really like this guy and believe he will be a valuable receiver. He has what Williams doesn't...the ability to get open and catch passes in a wide radius. The injuries are unfortunate but they happen. Willis has been out of games the past couple of years but I don't hear guys calling him names for it. Just happens in a rough game.
4th rounder contributing on a championship level team, that is a win. Injuries happen.
Share 49ersWebzone