LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 134 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
That really sucks. I wanted to see the kid develop over the course of the season. However, I think it could be a blessing in two ways.

#1. I think this gives Patton the opportunity to get mental reps and see the game from a different perspective. Watching Boldin work and seeing his tendencies against particular CBs can only help his development.

#2. This is a prime opportunity for Jon Baldwin to really take hold of a top 4 receiver spot on the depth chart. He looked good last night...he has a good frame and does possess very good speed. I am sure Harbaugh is looking at him as a "man if we could get THIS guy to turn the light on" type of player.

Its not as bad as it seems...just a bummer I won't get to see him have a successful rookie season.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by sfout:
i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.

1. Gordon trade will have to involve a 2nd or 3rd to get him, maybe 1st. The Browns may be wanting to trade, but they wont go below market value. They will be willing to wait till offseason to make a deal. So LMJ and a 6th will never get it done.

2. LMJ wont see field like you said in 2014. Gore, Hunter and Lattimore will all see more playing time, and should.

his off the field troubles will limit his value tho. one more failed drug test and he's gone for a year.

Doubt it. It's a business. The Browns wont just give Gordon away for a 6th. He will demand a 1st or 2nd at the least. Doesn't matter if he is 1 strike from a 1yr suspension. His talent warrants a high draft choice, not a 2nd rate RB and a late round pick.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
i think that's a lil expensive. i was thinking LMJ + 6th. remember, Gordon is one drug offense away from a 1 yr ban from the NFL

Whatever works. Im hesitant to believe that LMJ will see the field with Lattimore, Hunter and still possibly Gore on the roster next season.

1. Gordon trade will have to involve a 2nd or 3rd to get him, maybe 1st. The Browns may be wanting to trade, but they wont go below market value. They will be willing to wait till offseason to make a deal. So LMJ and a 6th will never get it done.

2. LMJ wont see field like you said in 2014. Gore, Hunter and Lattimore will all see more playing time, and should.

his off the field troubles will limit his value tho. one more failed drug test and he's gone for a year.

Plus Chud told Gordon they were not going to trade him this week. So that ship has probably sailed.

Kenny Britt, on the other hand, could be had and could be cheaper.

Britt wouldn't fit in well. He is also a strike away from being suspended. And he needs to learn the playbook. People need to realize that anyone coming in needs to learn the playbook fast in order to play. a WR is difficult. Run the right routes. Not f**k up in coverage, block well. While it seems like nothing, it is a big thing.

And I rather not have 1 big problem in Britt or Gordon on the roster.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Plus Chud told Gordon they were not going to trade him this week. So that ship has probably sailed.

Kenny Britt, on the other hand, could be had and could be cheaper.

Britt wouldn't fit in well. He is also a strike away from being suspended. And he needs to learn the playbook. People need to realize that anyone coming in needs to learn the playbook fast in order to play. a WR is difficult. Run the right routes. Not f**k up in coverage, block well. While it seems like nothing, it is a big thing.

And I rather not have 1 big problem in Britt or Gordon on the roster.

Agreed.
Is there any team out there getting screwed over by injuries more than us right now?

Falcons maybe?
It's a bad byproduct of having had to play extra playoff games into Feb last year (without the payoff of the ultimate goal ) tho a lot if the injuries are hitting players that weren't even on the team last year (rooks) or weren't regular starters.
Dang. Just dang.

Who doesn't love this Niner Patton? Man this is a bummer.

Well, looks like its Baldwin time. He was picked 26 overall for some reasons you know and with the right team, US, that could start to show up more and more and more as things progress.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Dude is going to be good, but he's already following Crabs' footsteps (get injured a lot before making serious impact)
Bumbed he's out but don't know what all the hype is about with this guy. He's not big fast or block well. I suppose he's shifty but I think you need more than that to make an impact in the NFL. A couple good preseason showing dosnt make a star
Guys relax he came from one of the smaller colleges so I didn't expect him to contribute immediately. This could hinder his development physically, but this could bode well mentally. Learning from guys like Boldin and Crabtree can help him a lot when he returns and he will be one of those first-ones-in-last-ones-out kind of guys during offseason workouts.

Heard tonight that they were keeping him on the active roster and expect a speedy recovery. Is that possible?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Heard tonight that they were keeping him on the active roster and expect a speedy recovery. Is that possible?

Tough to say. Depends what he broke in his foot. Could be anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks. It's encouraging they expect a quick recovery. Would have been a good candidate for IR/designated to return, but we already used it on Moody.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Tough to say. Depends what he broke in his foot. Could be anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks. It's encouraging they expect a quick recovery. Would have been a good candidate for IR/designated to return, but we already used it on Moody.

I was surprised he could be back given a broken bone and hope they avoid another Crabtree type of recurrence. It's an interesting season with so much in the air about the receivers. I really like Boldin and would like to see what he could do alongside Crabtree. Very different type receivers and they may really really be a troublesome duo for the league to cover.

Sadly, this teams luck (or lack of luck) with WRs is getting very tiresome.

Edit--really want to see Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham and Patton healthy together...can dream!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM ]
  • dj43

Foot bones are tricky healers. Some bones get better blood supply than others, hence some will heal quickly, others can take a while. The fact they are not putting him on IR indicates this is one of the bones that typically heals quickly. Let's hope that is the case.
I was surprised he could be back given a broken bone and hope they avoid another Crabtree type of recurrence. It's an interesting season with so much in the air about the receivers. I really like Boldin and would like to see what he could do alongside Crabtree. Very different type receivers and they may really really be a troublesome duo for the league to cover.

Sadly, this teams luck (or lack of luck) with WRs is getting very tiresome.

Edit--really want to see Crabtree, Boldin, Manningham and Patton healthy together...can dream!

One can hope! The injuries we've had at WR for the past several seasons has been really odd and frustrating. It's never ending. Hopefully we can get the entire core group healthy at some point. It would turn a team weakness into a strength.
Share 49ersWebzone