LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 421 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Man, can't catch a break with injuries. Just have to hold on until Manningham is back and hope like hell he is somewhat back to his pre-injury self. For now Boldin, Baldwin, Williams, Moore. If we plan on keeping Harper at WR maybe he gets active one of these games. Well the good news is guys who would normally be inactive will start to be active. After week 6 I think we will have Manningham and Crabtree on the roster so they could be inactive each game until better. Same with Patton until he is ready to go. We used our IR-Designated to Return for Moody. So with Patton out Marecic or Harper could be active.

jreff, If Boldin and Manningham aren't back I'd have no problem drafting 2 WRs by the 3rd round.
Something like: 1.CB/WR 2.SS 2.CB/WR (whatever not in first) 3.WR 3.CB 3.C/T/DL (Goldson Comp?) So double dip at CB and WR (if Boldin, Manningham, Brown, Rogers not back). SS if Whitner not back. Then after that C to compete with Kilgore if need be otherwise DL depth/OL depth

Unless Rio is healthy enough to practice I don't think we activate him until week 9 after our bye week. I expect Crabtree to be activated on the deadline in week 12 to be ready for the final few games and playoffs.
Man the injuries this year have been insane. Baldwin, step on up... Also, Kyle Williams used to be better than this. Dude is worthless as a WR this year
What's the timeline looking like for Manningham?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Around week 8 their saying.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

which means week 10 because you wont activate him during the week 9 bye or before.
Injuries... it's killing us this year.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
injury prone mutha trucker

The curse of the #11 jersey
[ Edited by susweel on Sep 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by mayo49:

which means week 10 because you wont activate him during the week 9 bye or before.

Correct.

Originally posted by GNielsen:
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Niners tried to cut a deal trading draft picks for a receiver. They've already got a boatload of them in next year's draft. The obvious possibility would be trading for either Josh Gordon or Greg Little of the Browns. The Browns reportedly are open to trade offers for those guys. They're both big with pretty good speed. Neither one is a speed burner, but they could be productive.

Little has a problem with drops.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

LMJ and a pick for Gordon
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by boast:

LMJ and a pick for Gordon

and throw in Looney
Originally posted by sacniner:
Man the injuries this year have been insane. Baldwin, step on up... Also, Kyle Williams used to be better than this. Dude is worthless as a WR this year

They say it takes about a year to come back fully from an ACL (for guys not named Adrian Peterson). I'm hoping he gets back to where he is at least respectable. I am getting tired of the fair catches. He looks more like Brandon Williams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
they need to cut Osgood and bring back Hawkins.
Share 49ersWebzone