LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 131 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Patton pick looks even better now that it looks like Seattle is going to cut Chris Harper, the WR they took a few picks before the 49ers chose Patton.

I fail to see how that makes our pick better.

The seahawks are not that important. I don't know why people act like they are.

QP will be the truth, though.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Aug 31, 2013 at 2:03 PM ]
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
I hate jumping to conclusions. I had to see Patton and Hawkins execute a second straight week and I am pleasantly surprised. Patton's got some great footwork and speed. WOW.

He looks like he's been Pro football for 10 years, looks natural out there
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Three more words:

What's your deal?

And three final words.

You mad bro?

LOL!

what's going on here
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Anyone want to make a bet Patton is starting by game 3?

I fully expect you guys to KILL ME - but I would go one further - I would bet Patton plays well enough such that the 49ers allow Crabtree to leave via FA. I won't say he is better than Crabtree - Crabtree has way more experience. Crabs at this point is also stronger and better breaking tackles than I expect Patton to be. But Patton seems to be more elusive. I will bet that Patton shows more progress in 1 year than Crabs did in 3 years (yeah, go ahead and blame Alex, he shares some of the blame). With a year of training and experience, he could be better than Crabs in my humble opinion. I have always viewed Crabs as a really good #2, but not a #1. Patton's work ethic and energy could make him a great #2.
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I fully expect you guys to KILL ME - but I would go one further - I would bet Patton plays well enough such that the 49ers allow Crabtree to leave via FA. I won't say he is better than Crabtree - Crabtree has way more experience. Crabs at this point is also stronger and better breaking tackles than I expect Patton to be. But Patton seems to be more elusive. I will bet that Patton shows more progress in 1 year than Crabs did in 3 years (yeah, go ahead and blame Alex, he shares some of the blame). With a year of training and experience, he could be better than Crabs in my humble opinion. I have always viewed Crabs as a really good #2, but not a #1. Patton's work ethic and energy could make him a great #2.

So that would mean we would still be searching for our #1
His td dance is awful.

I hope I see it half a dozen times.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
His td dance is awful.

I hope I see it half a dozen times.

i want him to do it all night in seattle
Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL!

what's going on here

Just having fun with Y2R. The next 8 days will take forever and i do s**t like that when im bored.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by LVJay:
LOL!

what's going on here

Just having fun with Y2R. The next 8 days will take forever and i do s**t like that when im bored.

I figured so... i was just joshin around
Just added him on my fantasy team

is he even going to suit up for us?
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Anyone want to make a bet Patton is starting by game 3?

Crabtree is a legit #1 receiver, unless his contract demands are totally unreasonable I doubt he will be playing anywhere else anytime soon.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
is he even going to suit up for us?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

7-11

Nice
Originally posted by gold49digger:

So that would mean we would still be searching for our #1

Yeah - In my opinion of a true number one is a player that dominates even when schemed against - Fitz, Megatron, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Moore. Not just a small speedster that makes a few big plays. Typically it's a big body receiver that can body out defenders and make tough catches, but also has the speed to be a deep threat. Boldin is a #1 but clearly on the downside of his career so doubt he will be with us next year, so not really a deep threat. Baldwin has all the physical attributes, but not the skill.
Share 49ersWebzone