There are 270 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by ninermedic:
so much for all the talk that he wasn't fast enough

Where do these fables come from? I haven't seen many if any arguing that he wasn't fast enough to play WR. I've seen comparisons to a top deep threat in the league, Victor Cruz.

And so far he has not shown he can consistently over the top of the defense 30-40 yards like Cruz has done for years. He's had a couple great catches for TDs and we're happy for it,...but the speed that's been referred to (getting over the top of the D) has nothing to do with those catches.
HIs last TD was a screen pass...pretty sure his speed did have something to do with that one
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

Where do these fables come from? I haven't seen many if any arguing that he wasn't fast enough to play WR. I've seen comparisons to a top deep threat in the league, Victor Cruz.

And so far he has not shown he can consistently over the top of the defense 30-40 yards like Cruz has done for years. He's had a couple great catches for TDs and we're happy for it,...but the speed that's been referred to (getting over the top of the D) has nothing to do with those catches.
HIs last TD was a screen pass...pretty sure his speed did have something to do with that one

Yeah the kid has football speed, I like him already
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Yeah the kid has football speed, I like him already

And like I said we're happy to see him have the speed to take a a screen pass 40 yards against backups.

But this isint the same as stretching a defense and having safeties stay back due to your history of going over the top. The threat of screen passes don't stretch a defense.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know what his combine 40 time is or whatever, but he's got football speed. It's like his feel and instinct for the game makes him seem faster than he actually is. Like a certain HOFer with the initials JR. (I know, there's no comparison just yet.)

The "General" will be just fine, don't you worry.
QP is the man
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Aug 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM ]
I could watch that dance over and over. That better be his signature dance every time he scores a TD. Puts that damn salsa dance to shame.
The Patton pick looks even better now that it looks like Seattle is going to cut Chris Harper, the WR they took a few picks before the 49ers chose Patton.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The Patton pick looks even better now that it looks like Seattle is going to cut Chris Harper, the WR they took a few picks before the 49ers chose Patton.

Still can't believe some of the players picked before Patton. Guy was a clear 2nd round talent who played big against big competition. He was sitting on my "best available list" through the entire 3rd and 4th rounds.. How he made it to the end of the 4th I don't know, but it was such a gift and blessing for us to get him.

I have to wonder if teams put too much stock into his lower-than-usual number of bench reps (we all know that outside of the extremes, # of reps typically means next to nothing in terms of talent and potential for success at the next level).

I understand it's early still, but the early times are the times to be excited. When you got a potential steal, a player that should've gone in the 2nd round (a round where you are often times finding a starter and/or major contributor), you have every reason to be excited and raise expectations a little.

And like I said we're happy to see him have the speed to take a a screen pass 40 yards against backups.

But this isint the same as stretching a defense and having safeties stay back due to your history of going over the top. The threat of screen passes don't stretch a defense.

Victor Cruz is not any faster than Quinton Patton.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i wonder if he will keep 11 or if hes waiting for another number to open up? im gonna make a patton name plate or just duct tape to go over my alex smith jersey lol

It's nice to finally see a playmaker wearing number 11.
What was MD's draft evaluation of Patton? Actually, what his grade for each pick because we got some damn good ones.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What was MD's draft evaluation of Patton? Actually, what his grade for each pick because we got some damn good ones.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172997-maddogs-2013-nfl-draft-review/
Reminds me a little of Pierre Garcon. Similar size too. Patton's bigger than Cruz.
Share 49ersWebzone