LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like Patton. Want to see what he can do in a real game. One more week !

If he can contribute to converting a couple of 3rd down conversions I would be happy. Wouldn't be surprised if he gives more.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I am Crabtree's biggest fan, but the more I see of Patton, the more I am blown away. I am beginning to think that he will be our leading receiver THIS year.

Mrs. Crabtree?
ESPN listed him as a sleeper fantasy pick.
When I was watching him in college, he didn't really seem that big. Now in the NFL though, he looks bigger for some reason. Usually its the other way around, players look a lot bigger in college and then look like kickers when they get to "The Show". He looks big and he's playing BIG! Loved everything about this kid from flying into SF on his own dime, to making one handed catches because of a broken finger, to asking the vets like Boldin and Nnamdi for tips on his route running, to Kap saying that he has a natural instinct to get open and now him making plays with our Vanilla preseason looks.

If he keeps this up the only thing left to decide is a nickname! I keep yelling Q at my TV, but thats Anquan's, with a last name like Patton, we can come up with something!

Easy ones come to mind like...The General, General Patton or General Q, but we may have to think outside the box..General Patton's nickname was Old Blood and Guts....would be good if he was a LB. What do you guys think?
Tone down a little -- remember this was against the Charger's 2nd and 3rd string defenses.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
Easy ones come to mind like...The General, General Patton or General Q, but we may have to think outside the box..General Patton's nickname was Old Blood and Guts....would be good if he was a LB. What do you guys think?

One of my uncles commanded a tank under General Patton.
He could not stand General Patton.
My uncle said, " It was our blood and guts that got given."

Guess what. I do not like the nickname.
When I was watching him in college, he didn't really seem that big. Now in the NFL though, he looks bigger for some reason. Usually its the other way around, players look a lot bigger in college and then look like kickers when they get to "The Show". He looks big and he's playing BIG! Loved everything about this kid from flying into SF on his own dime, to making one handed catches because of a broken finger, to asking the vets like Boldin and Nnamdi for tips on his route running, to Kap saying that he has a natural instinct to get open and now him making plays with our Vanilla preseason looks.

If he keeps this up the only thing left to decide is a nickname! I keep yelling Q at my TV, but thats Anquan's, with a last name like Patton, we can come up with something!

At Louisiana Tech he was nicknamed the General.

If I had to come up with a nickname for Patton it would be Smooth!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
If I had to come up with a nickname for Patton it would be Smooth!

No doubt.

I'm going with "Little Q" though. "Big Q" would be Boldin, of course.
call him stanky leg cuz he cant dance lol

I call him QP. Easy.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
It is hard to describe how amazing this play is.

At first glance, it might look like he did the same thing that Moore did; just juke the defender and run by him, but it was much more than that.
Patton caught the ball, and runs UP FIELD to the inside, then, in an instant of time, he changes his mind and moves BACKWARDS and to the right, and backs out of where he was originally going to change course to the other side of the field. Then he has the speed and control to find the best lane down the sidelines. All of this was done on pure instinct, with extreme quickness. Reminds me of something Victor Cruz would do.

This wasn't just some simple lateral movement juke (which he has also done), this was a WOW play.

I've been saying he reminds be of a little slower version of Victor Cruz all along, but the two will play very similar roles in their respective offenses, IMO.

Patten is freaking awesome. Need to see more than a TD dance before I can compare him to Cruz.

he actually reminds me of steve smith
This kid is 4 real with less experience then most of the vets on this team & hes already making plays like this, DEFT A KEEPER

"The General" i love it

QP works.....

GQ

Smooth

GQ Smooth

Anyway, all that aside, this guy is FUN to watch and he is having the time of his life which I think is infectious and will resonate with and galvanize the rest ot the offense, IMO. I loved the pick in April, and now I'm smitten. Nice job Harbaalke! And Quinton, sorry man, but don't wait by the phone for Dancing with the Stars phone call.... ;)
Nicknames are terrible unless they're extremely simple and original. Never try and force the issue.
Share 49ersWebzone