LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think he's got a potential to become a #1 WR in the NFL. He basically took the Louisiana Tech offense, threw it on his back and carried it. Teams knew ahead of time that they HAD to shut him down, he was the majority of their offense and he still managed to make huge plays, he took a leadership role on the team and ran with it. He's been a guy that since high-school, has always elevated his game to the level of his competition, he's got tremendous work ethic and will put in the time necessary to improve himself to compete and be a good player at the next level.

49ers didn't just acquire a good receiver, they got a great character guy, someone who was active in the community, worked with charities, the guy who is the first one to show up at the team facility and the last one to leave, this is a hell of a get for the 49ers.

I think thats the general consensus with Baalke's criteria with everyone he picks, great character.

Reid = Leader
Tank = Leader... freak of nature
Lattimore = great character guy, leader

makes sense. glad to have this doot on our team.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think he's got a potential to become a #1 WR in the NFL. He basically took the Louisiana Tech offense, threw it on his back and carried it. Teams knew ahead of time that they HAD to shut him down, he was the majority of their offense and he still managed to make huge plays, he took a leadership role on the team and ran with it. He's been a guy that since high-school, has always elevated his game to the level of his competition, he's got tremendous work ethic and will put in the time necessary to improve himself to compete and be a good player at the next level.

49ers didn't just acquire a good receiver, they got a great character guy, someone who was active in the community, worked with charities, the guy who is the first one to show up at the team facility and the last one to leave, this is a hell of a get for the 49ers.

I think thats the general consensus with Baalke's criteria with everyone he picks, great character.

Reid = Leader

I like that they go after guys with chips on their shoulders also. Lattimore and Tank trying to prove they can come back from injuries and be just as good. Same thing with the Okoye pick up. Very motivated young man to become great.
  • CRUD
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
boy there is gonna be some competition at wr. williams, manningham,lockette, jenkins and now patton. there is some talent there. may the best men win
Manningham and Patton. I'd like to see Jenkins do well but if Maningham gets healthy i see Williams, Lockette and Jenkins gone in time.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he reminds me of Aj Jenkins skill wise as a prospect.

true dat, but at least 15 pounds heavier...
  • thl408
Patton should be Manningham's replacement in 2014. Quickness and hands. Kap should be able to get him the ball.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Patton should be Manningham's replacement in 2014. Quickness and hands. Kap should be able to get him the ball.

lol

Reid = Leader

dial=dirty b*****d lol. i like it tho, hes good for some attitude in the middle of our d-line
he reminds me of Aj Jenkins skill wise as a prospect.

Looks better to me. Way more moves. Jenkins came open and made the most of it. Patton CREATES every bit of his separation. He already is what I'd hoped Jenkins would become. Perfect fit and it will be reflected in playing time.
Ecstatic at the Patton pick up... Reminds me allot of Reggie Wayne.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Reminds me of Marvin Harrison

Originally posted by jimrat:
Reminds me of Marvin Harrison

thats like saying aj jenkins reminds me lynn swann. It means very little. The truth is he was a very productive receiver in college and seems to have the right make up to do something but I personally hate these comparisons. Lets leave it as a talented colelge player that needs to prove themselves. Because that's what he reminds me of. Not trying to hate just seems to be a broad comparison which serves little purpose other than hyping him. That and Id prefer he not shoot anyone at his car wash...
Patton doesn't remind me of anybody. Thanks, Dr bill walsh for the highlight reel. Actually it was close enough to a lifetime highlight reel.
Amazing:
quick moves off LOS and gives the bake and shake to DBs.
catches ball and if near EZ, he invariably sticks it in.
has long arms(heard that before)
even when covered, he is money (have to factor in level of DBs play, but....)
has a cross field move once he has ball and virtually puts 2-3 yds between him and DB.
hx has him as a high character guy.
I don't know it but bet the kid is smart to boot.
wonder how many of his traits can be taught to crbs.
if he doesn't start, i will eat my shirt.
Wow, just wow!. AJ, my man, if you are half this good we are gonna be hell on wheels in the SB.
speed kills, but long arms, big hands, graceful movements, catching in a crowd....that is essence of a starter....and not next yr either.
Why did he fall?
Originally posted by YungAce:
Why did he fall?

Not a clue. Its incredibly mystifying, there weren't any character related issues, he might have had some medical red flags but he hasn't had any real severe injuries. I think a lot of it had to do with him being rather ordinary in terms of athleticism and not super tall as well as the level of competition he played against, he just drifted down the board but he's going to be outplaying quite a few of the receivers picked in front of him.

He's not a Combine superstar but he's a very talented and polished receiver with great hands and route running, I'm excited to see him as a 49er.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Why did he fall?

I think being from Louisiana Tech had something to do with it. Not exactly SEC or Pac 12 level competition. But there was this receiver out of Mississippi Valley State that did alright ...
Share 49ersWebzone