LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd just like to say I was pleased with Patton's game yesterday. Hopefully he can build on that and at least be a solid contributor and maybe more. Looks like he is playing Crabtree's spot in the short term. Can he take over for Boldin? Can he get down field? We shall see. Hopefully the sky is the limit. Regardless he looks as good as anyone we have drafted not named Michael Crabtree at this moment in his career. He already looks WAY better than Jenkins and is ahead of Baldwin on the depth Chart.
To say he looks way better than Jenkins is an understatement. It's like night and day. He was much better than I had hoped for in his first outing. I was more impressed with Patton last night than any other player on the field.

The only negative was that dance. WTF was that anyway? Some kind of perverted samba?
He's like Antonio brown, steelers, but a tad slower...

Nice jukes to get separation. Me likey!!
lol @ these comparisons!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Game speed is different than timed speed

Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. Cruz is faster than his 40 time (which is a joke anyways) when he's on the field, not saying Patton is slow but Cruz is definitely faster.

Okay, you're talking about your perception and I'm talking about machine-timed 40 yard dash times. You don't KNOW that Cruz on a football field is quite a bit faster than Patton. You haven't really seen enough of Patton to know that. You just think you know that. And, if 40 times are a joke, why do guys with faster 40's usually get drafted higher. I keep hearing this and I wonder why people keep saying it. If 40's are a joke, why is everyone so damned in love with Calvin Johnson. Yes, yes, I know there are examples of great receivers with lower 40 times. I know all about Jerry Rice's 4.7 40. But again, you're making a flat out judgement that Cruz is faster on the football field than Patton and I haven't seen enough of Patton to have any faith in that SUBJECTIVE judgement. So, enough with the cute, holier-than-thou emoticons, okay?

Cruz is faster, dont let your homerism impair your eyesight. Watch Pattons clip on youtube then compare it to Cruz, not that hard of a judgement call. And you want to grasp onto quantifiable data when it doesnt matter, so yeah call it subjective... but its also the subjective opinion of anyone with eyes. Having played football extensively and watched countless hours of film, its easy to compare guys game speed once you have an eye for it.

Living in NJ, I've seen pretty much every Giants game in its entirety the last 2 years, and Victor Cruz isn't nearly the straight-line burner you seem to think he is. He's more of a traditional slot guy--quicker than he is fast. Averaged 12.7 yards per catch last year after a freakish 18.7 his first year. Most of his deep balls are on double moves. He's not out there running go-routes and blazing past people.

The Quinton Patton-Cruz comparison isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. There are definite similarities: size, quickness in and out of breaks.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Living in NJ, I've seen pretty much every Giants game in its entirety the last 2 years, and Victor Cruz isn't nearly the straight-line burner you seem to think he is. He's more of a traditional slot guy--quicker than he is fast. Averaged 12.7 yards per catch last year after a freakish 18.7 his first year. Most of his deep balls are on double moves. He's not out there running go-routes and blazing past people.

The Quinton Patton-Cruz comparison isn't perfect, but it isn't bad. There are definite similarities: size, quickness in and out of breaks.

I've always seen him as pretty similar to Reggie Wayne. That comparison was made a lot before the draft and I think its still a pretty good one in terms of his ability to run excellent routes, his high-quality hands and his outstanding quickness. Patton isn't fast, but what he does well is change direction without really slowing down, he seems to glide across the field, not a guy with tremendous straight-line speed, but faster than someone like Kyle Williams when it comes to making cuts and still maintaining speed.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
To say he looks way better than Jenkins is an understatement. It's like night and day. He was much better than I had hoped for in his first outing. I was more impressed with Patton last night than any other player on the field.

The only negative was that dance. WTF was that anyway? Some kind of perverted samba?

LMAO!!! That dance was ugly though
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I've always seen him as pretty similar to Reggie Wayne. That comparison was made a lot before the draft and I think its still a pretty good one in terms of his ability to run excellent routes, his high-quality hands and his outstanding quickness. Patton isn't fast, but what he does well is change direction without really slowing down, he seems to glide across the field, not a guy with tremendous straight-line speed, but faster than someone like Kyle Williams when it comes to making cuts and still maintaining speed.

Very solid comparison. Seems to have similar intangibles as well.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Kaepatton

7-Eleven

7-11......nice.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Kaepatton

7-Eleven

7-11......nice.
Oh man. Let's hope that becomes a huge endoresment deal. 7 to 11, 24-7.

Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Kaepatton

7-Eleven

7-11......nice.
Oh man. Let's hope that becomes a huge endoresment deal. 7 to 11, 24-7.

7-11 open 24hrs love this duo General Patton has skills man
Awesome photo.

Kid has a good head for finding space and making himself available. Love that he always fights for the extra yard.
I loved what I saw out of Patton. Good cuts, quick for his size but not super fast and solid hands. I think we're gonna love the combo of him and Crabs for short to intermediate routes with VD taking the top off of defenses.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that was a turrible dance
lol and why is his face paint vertical?
Share 49ersWebzone