LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 314 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's funny how three catches is so exciting. I am excited as the rest of you based on what seems like a guy with great character might actually have skill on the field as well. That being said, would we be so head over heels this soon if Jenkins had not set the bar so low?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
was that the funky chicken?
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
It's funny how three catches is so exciting. I am excited as the rest of you based on what seems like a guy with great character might actually have skill on the field as well. That being said, would we be so head over heels this soon if Jenkins had not set the bar so low?

Fair point. The OL pass blocking and edge run blocking and backup QB's have been so bad, the team leading receptions for one game is 4 (McDonald). That is sad. I hope these guys get a lot of receptions in practice b/c they sure aren't in pre season games thus far!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Our 2015 receiving corps could be:

Crabtree, Patton, Jenkins, Williams -- a great balance of speed/quickness/toughness in that group. Add in Vernon Davis and Vance McDonald and you could see a 5-wide set of..

Crabtree -- Williams -- McDonald ------------------ Vernon -- Patton

Add the fact that Colin is a dual threat....unstoppable!!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Victor Cruz 2.0

A little early for that. But it would be awful sweet if it came true.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Victor Cruz 2.0

Not fast enough to be on Cruz's level. He reminds me of bigger Marvin Harrison, Patton knows how to run routes and how to create separation from a defender. Still early, and comparisons are ridiculous... but thats the name that popped into my head when watching him.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Victor Cruz 2.0

Not fast enough to be on Cruz's level. He reminds me of bigger Marvin Harrison, Patton knows how to run routes and how to create separation from a defender. Still early, and comparisons are ridiculous... but thats the name that popped into my head when watching him.

I said Marvin Harrison 2.0 on page 43 ;)
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
was that the funky chicken?

It looked like he was trying to look like he was tap dancing...
This guy will make the team if he keeps on playing like the way he did last night...

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kidash98:
This guy will make the team if he keeps on playing like the way he did last night...

mind bottling

mind bottling

Yes... Yes it is.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

mind bottling

Yes... Yes it is.

Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Victor Cruz 2.0

I said Marvin Harrison 2.0 on page 43 ;)

I'll take either comparison. This franchise has starved for franchise receivers.
whoa whoa whoa...he had a touchdown in preseason and now we're talking Marvin Harrison and Victor Cruz?!??!?!?!
Originally posted by verb1der:
whoa whoa whoa...he had a touchdown in preseason and now we're talking Marvin Harrison and Victor Cruz?!??!?!?!

I already bought my ticket to Canton for 2027 when he's inducted.

Hey at least these are positive comparisons... better than comparing AJ to Woods lol
Share 49ersWebzone