LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Not to be a grammar nazi, but this is like a pirate with a steering wheel on his crotch. (It's driving me nuts).

It's a crap SHOOT, as in "shooting craps", throwing dice while playing the game craps, which give you a completely random chance of getting a good or bad result when you throw of the dice.

It's not a tube for the disposal of turds or a "crap chute".

PS - Patton looked great and showed that AJ Jenkins belongs down a crap chute straight into the turd bucket.

LoL!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol "crap chute"
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
lol "crap chute"

Yeah that sounds gross
What a difference between Jenkins and Patton.

Jenkins had a grand total of 1 Catch which he fumbled in one season and three preseason (on two teams) games.

Patton so far has one TD and 4 catches in his first game..

so far case closed.

btw. still weird to see a WR wearing a #11 jersey

Jenkins had a grand total of 1 Catch which he fumbled in one season and three preseason (on two teams) games.

so far case closed.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Patton is a keeper, he just has to dial down the celebrations.

so far case closed.

so far case closed.

he has broken records set by Jenkins as well
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think he was just so happy to get to play...I wasnt worried about it. The poor guy was the most eager rook and hasnt gotten any play time because of the finger. So to finally get to play and get to score? Had to be pure joy.

I'm just glad he had dem golds in his mouth. Ochocinco. Dear Mr Goodell, please don't fine me
Man he had dem golds in his mouth
Originally posted by mayo49:

I think you are mistaking him for Hawkins
Patton is the real deal. When he fell to us in the 4th, it was a huge gift from the NFL. He lit up the senior bowl practices and had some good CBs remark that he was the toughest receiver they played all year. After Patterson and Austin were off the board he was the best receiver left, I thought he would be gone in the second but for whatever reason, maybe the small school, teams kept passing him up.

It still bugs me that people are discounting Moore over and over... just like Patton, Moore isn't going anywhere. These are the types of receivers the niners need to keep drafting, guys that make it impossible for coaches to keep them on the bench. Their passion for the game is noticeable in their play, something that was never evident with Jenkins.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

so far case closed.

Funny thing is I didn't even think "Alex Smith" when I saw #11. I thought "yeah that's Patton with a nice catch" and "how the hell did we get this guy in 4th round?" I'm trying to temper my excitement with he's a rookie in preseason, but still was pretty impressive.
Share 49ersWebzone