LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
I really hope this kid turns out as good as we all think he will because its the Jersey I really want!!!!! I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach though. Our track record with WR's is horrible at best since Jerry Rice. No I didn't forget TO but he was a huge disaster too with the only difference being he could ball.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sure you are, show me where they say he has no love for the game or no heart?? Paraphrasing or putting words in their mouths.

go to the knbr podcasts and theres an interview of lynch interviewing barrows and they talk about how jenkins didnt show the commitment that others were making. that at one point in training camp aj was joking with some guys and they seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder as if to say why arent you woking harder.

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=851&c=4821&f=1759321

Well since its Barrows I will bite my tongue, I don't really buy into anything what Maiocco says. Barrows is the man and I apologize if I came off like an ass.

I still believe Jenkins will turn out to be something, just as most on here believed in Alex Smith including me in 2011.
Sure you are, show me where they say he has no love for the game or no heart?? Paraphrasing or putting words in their mouths.

go to the knbr podcasts and theres an interview of lynch interviewing barrows and they talk about how jenkins didnt show the commitment that others were making. that at one point in training camp aj was joking with some guys and they seemed to be giving him the cold shoulder as if to say why arent you woking harder.

Well since its Barrows I will bite my tongue, I don't really buy into anything what Maiocco says. Barrows is the man and I apologize if I came off like an ass.

I still believe Jenkins will turn out to be something, just as most on here believed in Alex Smith including me in 2011.

I'm not judging the kid, and I really can't say I have all the facts, as we only get secondary information from beat writers, but one thing we always heard about Alex was that he was a consummate professional. He took the game very seriously and worked really hard throughout the season and the off-season. The knock on Jenkins (again this is from certain beat writers) seems to be that he didn't give extra effort; that he wasn't "champing at the bit," as Matt Barrows has said a few times.

I defended AJ earlier but when I started hearing that his work ethic was lacking then that really made me suspicious. Unless AJs work ethic take a complete 180 then maybe there is hope for him. Right now I just don't see it.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I defended AJ earlier but when I started hearing that his work ethic was lacking then that really made me suspicious. Unless AJs work ethic take a complete 180 then maybe there is hope for him. Right now I just don't see it.

Well I can't disagree with that, but AJ is a Chief now so on with Patton. I'm really excited about him, I think he and Crabtree are the future, unless of course Baldwin balls out with a 1,000 yard season but I won't my breath on that.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Remember when Josh Morgan was hyped during camp? Lets let this play out

Fail analogy, Morgan was a good player and not having him after he got injured hurt.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Can't to see what this guy can do.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Remember when Josh Morgan was hyped during camp? Lets let this play out

Fail analogy, Morgan was a good player and not having him after he got injured hurt.

yea i liked morgan a lot, good wr and good teammate
  • buck
  • Veteran
In my opinion, Patton is going to be good.

There are many tools for evaluating wide receivers.

Wide Receiver Production Grade (or Rating) measures the receiver's production as % of a team's receiving yards and touch downs. They combine the two % for the grade or rating. Any grade over score over 60 (60%) is excellent.

Drafted Name PG

128---Quinton Patton--79.3%

92---Stedman Bailey--68.8%

27---DeAndre Hopkins--59.7%

8----Tavon Austin--59.0%

41---Robert Woods---58.5%

34---Justin Hunter--47.3%

29---Cordarelle Patterson--34.8%

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174215-49ers-acquire-jon-baldwin-jenkins/page86/#cXiCKRMpB52lPAzu.99
[ Edited by buck on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Just one more look at Quinton Patton.

Another tool for evaluating wide receivers is DuPont's Metric. This instrument combine speed and production to give a wide receiver a grade.

For speed it uses a receiver 40 time divided by weight. Production is measured by touchdowns per game and yards per game.

Prospect---DuPont Metric

Robert Woods--154.38

Quinton Patton--149.75

DeAndre Hopkins--127.01

Stedman Bailey--126.26

Keenan Allen--124.27

Terrance Williams--123.54

Justin Hunter--120.39

Cordarrelle Patterson---114.11

Markus Wheaton--106.55

Tavon Austin--106.28

Aaron Dobson--104.08

Da'Rick Rogers--103.37

These instruments are not perfect, but they do indicate that Patton has a very good chance to an excellent NFL wide receiver.
[ Edited by buck on Aug 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]

Originally posted by NinerG94:
I really hope this kid turns out as good as we all think he will because its the Jersey I really want!!!!! I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach though. Our track record with WR's is horrible at best since Jerry Rice. No I didn't forget TO but he was a huge disaster too with the only difference being he could ball.

i got an alex smith jersey u can buy off me and change the name plate
Originally posted by buck:
Just one more look at Quinton Patton.

Another tool for evaluating wide receivers is DuPont's Metric. This instrument combine speed and production to give a wide receiver a grade.

For speed it uses a receiver 40 time divided by weight. Production is measured by touchdowns per game and yards per game.

Prospect---DuPont Metric

Robert Woods--154.38

Quinton Patton--149.75

DeAndre Hopkins--127.01

Stedman Bailey--126.26

Keenan Allen--124.27

Terrance Williams--123.54

Justin Hunter--120.39

Cordarrelle Patterson---114.11

Markus Wheaton--106.55

Tavon Austin--106.28

Aaron Dobson--104.08

Da'Rick Rogers--103.37

These instruments are not perfect, but they do indicate that Patton has a very good chance to an excellent NFL wide receiver.

It would be helpful if you could post this information on receivers that are already in the league. That way we can evaluate how accurate this measurement is. For instance a Julio Jones with a high rating would help prove the authenticity. Or an AJ Jenkins with a high rating might prove this to be a poor way to judge WRs. I don't know where you found these measurements but, they seem interesting.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jvangeystel:
It would be helpful if you could post this information on receivers that are already in the league. That way we can evaluate how accurate this measurement is. For instance a Julio Jones with a high rating would help prove the authenticity. Or an AJ Jenkins with a high rating might prove this to be a poor way to judge WRs. I don't know where you found these measurements but, they seem interesting.

I found these formulas and others while I was searching for information about draft prospects.

The wide receiver production which is also referred to as the wide receiver production rating takes a lot of work. I have to find the numbers and plug them into the formulas, which I have on an excel spreadsheet.

I did the work for most of major prospects last year and will do it again next year.

I am not going to go back and do the grading for Jones or Johnson. But, if I remember correctly, they would have scored, or did score, high on these metrics.
He just did in 10 minutes of gametime what AJ couldnt after 2 years lol. Make a catch.
and a TD
Share 49ersWebzone