LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 378 users in the forums

The Quinton Patton Tank of Truth

Shop 49ers game tickets
AJ is screwed
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Would be funny if he misses the flight next week. NT would explode.

he would take a cab if he had to
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Would be funny if he misses the flight next week. NT would explode.

he would take a cab if he had to

And he DID miss his flight lol.
Dude looks good as a WR. He could leap AJ but I have to see both of them in action in this league more before I can form an opinion. Patton looks the part even as a rookie.
I think Jenkins is underrated while I think this guy Patton is overrated. I am not saying he isn't an excellent addition to our team only that I think AJ is sold short. I have a close friend who watched AJ's career in college closely as AJ routinely shredded his team with sure hands and YAC. I won't say which team but you probably could figure it out.

Both receivers have huge potential though but don't sell AJ short so soon. Neither will be #1 over Crabs though, not with Kap throwing him the ball. The guy put up easy pro bowl numbers with Kap under the helm. With a full season under Kap Crabs is an undeniable #1 for many years to come.
Originally posted by BayArea:
I think Jenkins is underrated while I think this guy Patton is overrated. I am not saying he isn't an excellent addition to our team only that I think AJ is sold short. I have a close friend who watched AJ's career in college closely as AJ routinely shredded his team with sure hands and YAC. I won't say which team but you probably could figure it out.

Both receivers have huge potential though but don't sell AJ short so soon. Neither will be #1 over Crabs though, not with Kap throwing him the ball. The guy put up easy pro bowl numbers with Kap under the helm. With a full season under Kap Crabs is an undeniable #1 for many years to come.
i think kaep could make anyone a number one, the dude is just that good. maybe the niners are counting on that because we have a ton of people to restructure and resign the next two years.
Can we start calling him "The General" yet?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
will get cut.
I think we legitimately have a shot at having one of the best groups of receivers in the league with the addition of Patton. It may seem like a bit much, but the talent is there. We have four guys who can flat out play and are known for catching the ball (yes this includes AJ Jenkins if you know anything about his college career).

With all that said, I would only expect Patton to have 200-400 receiving yards next season. The only scenario I see him surpassing that is because of injuries to other guys or if he tears it up and emerges as the number 3 receiver.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
will get cut.

Blasphemy!!!!!

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think we legitimately have a shot at having one of the best groups of receivers in the league with the addition of Patton. It may seem like a bit much, but the talent is there. We have four guys who can flat out play and are known for catching the ball (yes this includes AJ Jenkins if you know anything about his college career).

With all that said, I would only expect Patton to have 200-400 receiving yards next season. The only scenario I see him surpassing that is because of injuries to other guys or if he tears it up and emerges as the number 3 receiver.

I pretty much agree with all of that. Hopefully AJ can show some of the stuff that lead to us drafting him in the 1st.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
I don't have t.v. so I never heard this but it's a nice comparison. If Patton could be half the receiver Reggie is then he'd still have a good career.

So whats all your furniture pointed at then?
I kind of despise that they gave him #11.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
He's become my favorite rookie. Really hope he makes it
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
I kind of despise that they gave him #11.

Yeah they should have that # retired LOL
Share 49ersWebzone